Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live (20179 Views)

Dangote’s Bid To Merge Sugar, Salt, Rice Businesses Hits Brick Wall / BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge / International Breweries To Merge With Two Other Firms After SEC, NSE Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by tradingknowled1: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nice one from Eth .. meanwhile I offer forex and crypto trading Guidance and mentorship program.. feel free to PM me
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by inoki247: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
FireUpNow:
How can you avoid being short changed in p2p? I am somewhat new in this?

How will you be shortchanged which platform are you using let's start from there...
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Johnrake69: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
SavageResponse:

The only thing that drives the value of most cryptos is just hype, they have no real intrinsic value

Well... That's your understanding. Someone once made a transaction of $40M using bitcoin and ended up paying less than $5 in transaction fees. Now, can you compare the amount he would have paid going through the normal banking system? And not to talk about the regulations he has to adhere to. If this is not value I don't what what else is value to you

3 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Ogun07032601473: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello friend all over the world my name is ifayemi the grandson of baba Awonla of ijebu land, just wanted to tell you so much spiritual work from my grandpa, financial work, promotion work, spiritual attack, Anytype of illnesses, Barrenness in anyways etc. Speak to baba direct and tell him about you spiritual problem
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by johnfem321: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
Btc is still the leader… it a welcome development to save energy cost by miners.. but I believe staking is a risky strategy and caused downward spiral if something goes wrong like what happened with Luna and UST. Also it always for more cencorship.. if any tragic even happen that make loose interest.. it will cause a lot of withdraw of staked eth and make price drop significantly compared coin that are minned( the miner don’t ever sell all their coin.. as long as they have enough pay staff and pay energy bill)

Finger crossed it continues to go smoothly
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Osanoghodua1: 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is goodnews. Ethereum started smart contract technology and a start up for many powerful projects. I hope in the future, transaction fees drops. One ecosystem you shouldn't ignore is the Cosmos ecosystem, Atom ⚛️ been the first coin to be built there. The ecosystem already solved many of the crypto concern, a POS and uses IBC for interchains. Check out Evmos too.

1 Like

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by GardenOfGod(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Winters23:
grin

Unbelievable!

I can't believe this made front page on nairaland after 6hrs, Lols

Normally it takes 3days+ until after lots of inter tribal wars and religious tantrums and maybe one or two snake stories before this gets here.

We're getting there
Nairaland just broke its own rule on cryoto promotion

2 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by EroticJane(f): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Johnrake69:
Hopefully, this leads to mass adoption of crypto currency.

If you're still on the sideline don't stay there for too long unless you want to be left behind. Crypto is the future of finance.
do you even know what the merger means?
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by EroticJane(f): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Johnrake69:

Well... That's your understanding. Someone once made a transaction of $40M using bitcoin and ended up paying less than $5 in transaction fees. Now, can you compare the amount he would have paid going through the normal banking system? And not to talk about the regulations he has to adhere to. If this is not value I don't what what else is value to you
it is always someone did this.., someone did that.. when in actual truth, no one did nothing, just using lies to promote their valueless products. mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Naajjii: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
djsteplion:
Mtcheew..
I was even thinking price of ethereum might pump slightly with the news of the merge.

This particular merge will not bring about reduction in transaction fees. The only major change here is that, mining ethereum is no longer by PoW(proof of work) , but now by PoS(proof of stake).
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by FireUpNow(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
inoki247:

How will you be shortchanged which platform are you using let's start from there...
I haven't started so I want to know
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by StrangeMan619: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
EroticJane:
it is always someone did this.., someone did that.. when in actual truth, no one did nothing, just using lies to promote their valueless products. mtcheew!

Valueless you call it. Bookmark this page. In the next 10years, you’d wish you never argued this. Hate it or like it, I’d advise u Buy the dip. BTC is considered fallen at 20k usd. Same BTC was almost worthless in 2010. If u have fiat worth a little above 5 BTC, maybe I’ll believe you.

4 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Edc1: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
grin
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Grandmaster2022: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
donaldking100:
After wetin M.M.M do me for this life, i no longer trust any of these online bullshit.
. People are making money online bro . People die in plane crashes so therefore u won't go abroad again. There is money in crypto currency. MMM is a Ponzi scheme not a currency.
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Johnrake69: 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
EroticJane:

Lol... Relax. Bitcoin is valueless? Instead of assuming just try to learn. Crypto is open source meaning every transaction is out there. If bitcoin is valueless why is Tesla accepting it for their cars? Or you get sense pass Elon Musk?

Abi you're more informed about crypto than Sequoia capital with over $600M in crypto fund, or Pantera capital with over $1.3Billion in crypto fund or Animoca brand valued at $5.9Billion.

I have done a $21000 transaction to a friend in US using BNB smartchain. I paid less than $1 in gas fees. This transaction would have cost me more than $400 through the banking system. If you don't see the value then I give up on you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Johnrake69: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
EroticJane:
do you even know what the merger means?

Please educate me Ma'am. Better learn to learn and not come out to argue unnecessarily.
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by luluosas(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
I have some coins there since ooooooo
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Johnn44: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Etherum to the moon!
Up Vitalik Buterin. Russia blood Amaka
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by SavageResponse(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
Johnrake69:

I'm more interested in stories of events that actually happened not fabricated stories.

What is the name of the "someone" abi him no get name? grin

1 Like

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by JOemmy(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Johnrake69:
Hopefully, this leads to mass adoption of crypto currency.

If you're still on the sideline don't stay there for too long unless you want to be left behind. Crypto is the future of finance.

Pls can you explain what this merging is all about?
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by IbileIfe: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
We're on the verge of the Merge!

The latest estimates indicate that the key moment we’ve all been waiting for, the Ethereum Merge, is scheduled to take place tomorrow around 7:00am CET/ 1:00 ET. In celebration of this historical event, remember to claim your Regenesis NFT at consensys.net/merge. Starting tomorrow and for the next 72 hours, you will be able to mint the open edition for free (excluding gas fees) if you own a MetaMask wallet. If you don’t have a MetaMask wallet yet, visit MetaMask.io to download and install it and follow our guide to begin funding it.

If you have any questions about the open edition NFT, read our FAQ or chat to our support team
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by luluosas(m): 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2022
Sorry, was referring One Coin. But the page https://www.onelife.eu/ didn't open here. Any idea?

luluosas:
I have some coins there since ooooooo
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by EroticJane(f): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
StrangeMan619:

Valueless you call it. Bookmark this page. In the next 10years, you’d wish you never argued this. Hate it or like it, I’d advise u Buy the dip. BTC is considered fallen at 20k usd. Same BTC was almost worthless in 2010. If u have fiat worth a little above 5 BTC, maybe I’ll believe you.
what happened to Luna will happen to Bitcoin one day, and you guys will still come to defend the fall, that people ought to have invested in other coins than Bitcoin. buy the dip and it still dip untill it will be delisted then your money is gone for good. continue buying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FEC Directs Minimum Wage Payment On Or Before December 31 / What Does Harvard Teach Nigerians About Business? / Naira Fair Value Should Settle Between ₦‎640-₦‎680/$ – Bismarch Rewane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.