Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) (3475 Views)

We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. / Peter Obi Blasts Buhari’s Subsidy Policy, Says "We Are Paying For Inefficiency" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bekind123:
slowpoke, how would you understand when you filled your empty big head with shits you always put up here. Ozu

A yiibo calling someone an idiot? I've seen it all on this platform. When idiocy is a must have code in the DNA before you could be called a true yiibo.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by oyatz(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

I'm sorry, but you're actually dumb for saying this nonsense. Even if you inherited the rubbish from the British government as you claim, are they God whose authority you can't change?

You also claimed the British government uses the tax money to fund BBC, so what does Tinubu use his own tax to fund? NTA or his bullion vans?

Pathetic clowns!

Hatred for Tinubu is making you to look really ignorant.

1) The Law is in the constitution of Nigeria (not just Lagos State).

2) It has always been part of our laws , even during the colonial times.

3) These taxes are collected in other States as well but many people who don't pay taxes may not know.

4) The Law has absolutely nothing to do with Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by oyatz(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
Great2017:

Oga, he said Nigerians in every Local Government and not business men alone. Get understanding before mentioning me.

There's no where in the world where everybody pay taxes.
Only those who earn pay taxes and taxes depend on the proportion of incomes
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Great2017: 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
oyatz:

There's no where in the world where everybody pay taxes.
Only those who earn pay taxes and taxes depend on the proportion of incomes
Oga, go and read it again. It says Television and Radio Residential permit. Is it only business men that use TV at their residence?

1 Like

Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by press9jatv: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2022
OfficialP:

It's not new thing. Every shop owner pays for this, even if you don't have. It in your shop, you will still pay for it. Have forgotten what they call the levy.

I don't know if. Other states collect such levies too
that’s very bad
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by press9jatv: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2022
oyatz:

Every Local Gov't collect these taxes right from the colonial era.

In the 1950s, they used to call it Redufusion rates in the Western Region.
my local haven’t ask me about this tax before ever since the creation of the local government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by oyatz(m): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2022
press9jatv:
my local haven’t ask me about this tax before ever since the creation of the local government.

Which tax do you pay to your Local Government?
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by press9jatv: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
oyatz:

Which tax do you pay to your Local Government?
land use tax. And it’s been paid yearly.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by WhatCanIsay(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2022
Mynd44:
TV and radio license.

Every local government in Nigeria collected this.

What is this ignorance?

Na so anything and everything to defend the evil government.

Why not furnish us with the receipt or whatever proof you used to pay yours more than 4 years ago.

People go just open mouth waaaa and na only lies go de pour forth.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Difrent: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
press9jatv:
I’m asking is this how Tinubu will be taxing the Nigeria citizens after he get to power in 2023 nii. Besides me and my household will never votes for APC. God forbid bad things. Tinubu and his foot soldiers destroyed Lagos State. It’s very unfortunate.

In UK you must pay for TV and radio ......stop displaying your ignorance here
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by BloomingDale(f): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2022
press9jatv:
LAGOS People are paying Lagos Government for Using Television and Fan.

Very soon, Lagos couples will pay Lagos Government for sleeping together ��

What of those of us that don't watch tv or listen to the radio?
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Difrent: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2022
Great2017:

The bold is a massive lie

They should
They are simply not taking taxes they have power to take.....its exist even in UK
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Buccalcavity2: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
Peter Obi's supporters are ignorant. This tax has always existed and all local governments in Nigeria tax this. I don't know of any LGA that implements it to the letter as to tax every individual but they do to SMEs.
Just ask the SMEs in your LGs.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Buccalcavity2: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2022
agadez007:
I just can’t believe that some people are selling that man as intelligent to us
He dosent come across as intelligent reason they can’t allow him go for a live debate

80% of countries around the world printed money to survive COVID. Nigeria is no exception. BAT stated what is obviously needed. US, CANADA, UK,SA... Name them. except you don't understand the concept of printing currencies which you can read up on.
You make some of us think that BAT is ahead of PO in reasoning which is why the live debate may not be important.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Ogakaycce(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2022
oyatz:

Hatred for Tinubu is making you to look really ignorant.

1) The Law is in the constitution of Nigeria (not just Lagos State).

2) It has always been part of our laws , even during the colonial times.

3) These taxes are collected in other States as well but many people who don't pay taxes may not know.

4) The Law has absolutely nothing to do with Tinubu.

Stop supporting evil because of that greedy Drug Bastard.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by agadez007(m): 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
Buccalcavity2:

80% of countries around the world printed money to survive COVID. Nigeria is no exception. BAT stated what is obviously needed. US, CANADA, UK,SA... Name them. except you don't understand the concept of printing currencies which you can read up on.
You make some of us think that BAT is ahead of PO in reasoning which is why the live debate may not be important.
You tinubu supporters eh,always supporting nonsense
See the caliber of people supporting tinubu
US is the only country that can print more money and not get affected,every other countries would go the Venezuela and Zimbabwe way,printing more money will result in inflation,and prices of everything will increase drastically
I can’t tutor you for free,you have to pay me
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by press9jatv: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
Difrent:

In UK you must pay for TV and radio ......stop displaying your ignorance here
that is for UK. Uk is different from Nigeria here.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Buccalcavity2: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
agadez007:
You tinubu supporters eh,always supporting nonsense
See the caliber of people supporting tinubu
US is the only country that can print more money and not get affected,every other countries would go the Venezuela and Zimbabwe way,printing more money will result in inflation,and prices of everything will increase drastically
I can’t tutor you for free,you have to pay me
Exposing your ignorance. Printing money doesn't mean printing notes/coins, which is the trash you wrote up there. Read up man.
PO supporters deserve PO walahi.
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by agadez007(m): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2022
Buccalcavity2:

Exposing your ignorance. Printing money doesn't mean printing notes/coins, which is the trash you wrote up there. Read up man.
PO supporters deserve PO walahi.
ciao

Brain dead just like your jaga jaga bandit
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by Difrent: 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
press9jatv:
that is for UK. Uk is different from Nigeria here.

But even in Nigeria its a legitimate tax...most folkd dont pay and the local government which is supposed to collect it don't thats why it seems strange to people.
Ask people who bought these things in the 70s they do pay it
Re: LAGOS People Are Paying Lagos Government For Using Television And Fan(photos) by press9jatv: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2022
Difrent:

But even in Nigeria its a legitimate tax...most folkd dont pay and the local government which is supposed to collect it don't thats why it seems strange to people.
Ask people who bought these things in the 70s they do pay it
As of now they are no more collecting the tax again. It’s of irrelevant now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Sit At Home In Wotowoto Style - IPOB / ( Endangered Species ) Albino Girl Killed For Witchcraft / There’ll Be No Sacred Cow On Corruption -jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.