Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) (52167 Views)

Dorothy Edet Raped Four Times, Shares Horrible Experiences / Dorothy Yohanna: Murdered Student Of Greenfield University, Buried (Photos) / Policemen Used Pure Water Sachets As Condoms To Have Sex - Dorothy Njemanze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by ChocolateWine(f): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
BeanmanX:
Why are u asking? Yes. I own a small business with few employees...

Then you'd have known that the way your employees respond to customers is a reflection of how you treat them. And that directly reflects on your revenue (you know what that means).

PS: You would never understand what I just said if you don't have any.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by unbiased2021: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
OboOlora:
Sentimental preecks everywhere
Someone broke tha law and his vehicle was confiscated, so he didn’t know it was his means of livelihood when he broke the law?

Since he wants to assist every predicament-inclined Nigerian, he should also go and bail all yahoo boys in efcc net, as long as they can claim they are into fraud cos the govt couldn’t provide jobs for them

You may be a major law breaker yourself but of course it’s impossible to feel someone else’s pains on your own skin.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by lereinter(m): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
Is this one of the achievement that tinubu is bragging about?Why will Lagos state government seizes someone's car and sold it out because he violates traffic rules? Meanwhile government officials who drive in convoys are worst in breaking traffic rules.But they are never arrested.

Why don't you understand that it's a written law.

People should be very conscious of it.

The only thing is that in a civil case sure as traffic offences, there should be leniency for first time offenders
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
IamAtikulate:

Driving is their source of livelihood. Taking it away means you have taken away their source of income.

So where do you expect them to get the money?

In USA, the police will only book you and you see your ticket by the time you'll get home. That way, you can work to raise the fine.

It only becomes a crime if you fail after the deadline. You don't take away a man's livelihood and expect him to raise up to 100k for fine.

Do you know those drivers pay up to 80k for fine? Where will they get it if you impound their vehicle?
You people should stop comparing Nigeria to other countries. We operate under different rules of engagement. Besides the USA does not have the insane character element of most Nigerians. I just came back from Abj, Abj doesn’t have traffic challenges like Lagos, hence the difference in their rules of engagements. Traffic laws will be harsher in Lagos because most traffic troubles are caused by motorists. I opine as someone who has to deal with the daily challenges of traffic jam in Lagos.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2022
Originalsly:

People come together to hold the government responsible for doing what they're supposed to do. Can never catch all the violators.... but if the authorities are out there enforcing laws many will not risk violating because of the consequences if caught.... to break the law will be like gambling.... one will now ask himself if it's worth the risk.
Government is already trying to enforce traffic laws and all of una don gang up blaming government for being to hash
Abeg I’m done with this issue
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
lhordspy:
Help if you want to help oga and stop criticizing what you dont have knowledge about undecided

Which one is draconian Lagos state Government again...it is more like comparing the Lagos state government with the Nazis rulership

Nobody went to his house to forcefully collect the bus from him. He broke the law for christsake. What is extreme about that law and its enforcement.

Some people just like saying rubbish to appear in know or look like angel themselves.

If you are the governor of Lagos state will you allow such indiscipline and disorderliness from road users and those transport drivers that behaves like they are possess??

Modified: For the ones quoting me.
Some of you just wasted so many years in school, but ended up without any iota of education of due process in you.

This is very simple even to the unlearned. These people were given certain specific period to appear in court and defend themselves. All it would have required was just a little fine. Maybe 50k or little higher. But these guys failed to show up.

All these was explained even before the auction started. Lagos state is not at fault. Because of 50k fine, you will now end up having to buy back the car for over 600k plus

Does it makes sense??
pray never to have a case with the Nigerian authorities, the challenges one would face is worst than a nightmare.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Chrisvotel: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
TimmyTen:
I don’t support lawlessness however, the sanction is way too harsh, charge the violators with higher fines than confiscate their cars.

Some people are still campaigning to vote the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria.. We will not only experience such harsh measures nationwide ,agberoism n thuggery will be nationalized
black man will not learn until strong thing happen to them this one-way stuff cost the lives of ten young men in my former area in delta state
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Chrisvotel: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
TimmyTen:
I don’t support lawlessness however, the sanction is way too harsh, charge the violators with higher fines than confiscate their cars.

Some people are still campaigning to vote the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria.. We will not only experience such harsh measures nationwide ,agberoism n thuggery will be nationalized
black man will not learn until strong thing happen to them this one-way stuff cost the lives of ten young men in my former area in delta state if you don't brake the law no one will auction your vehicle simple instruction you can't follow
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Eriokanmi: 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
Originalsly:

I wasn't sure that's why I asked .... but thanks .... you just confirmed what I was thinking. LASTMA uses its discretion to pass people ... does that mean if it allows one to pass all must pass? Yes or no? They oassed two before you... does that mean you should also pass? You asked why... they give you the reason... you do not qualify for a pass.. you call it injustice.
If its not injustice , I wonder what it was. How does being a staff of Lagos State secretariat prevent or spare you from being punished for breaking a law? After several arguments, I presented my ID and they left me. An ordinary citizen wouldn't be spared. In sane environment, if you like be a police officer, once you commit any offence, a traffic offence for that matter,you'd not be spared. Commiting such an offence while in uniform is automatic expulsion or dismissal. I was stopped by a road safety official one day. One of them said my number plate was fading. Meanwhile, I saw one of their mirrors broken and a bad tyre on their van. I pointed to it and they were all laughing. But same people can book you for driving with bad or expired tyres or a car without a good side morrow. Imagine.

This isn't about lastma alone, its a general issue we must deal with. Injustice everywhere. Its just that lastma is worst. That's why people don't pity them when they run mad. I remember the one under the ojuelegba bridge. I knew him personally when he was posted to agege pen Cinema branch during fashola era. If you like, use obatala to beg him, he must book you on an ordinary offence he could have overlooked. Where does he end it today? He's a very popular lastma officer, very wicked. He's been mad for close to 8 years now.

1 Like

Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Softmirror: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
TimmyTen:

WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE IN A CASE OF A TRAFFIC OFFENSE SUCH AS DRIVING ALONG 'ONE WAY' WHICH RESULTED TO LOSS OF LIFE DUE TO ACCIDENT.

1 Like

Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Hundjager: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2022
A commendable effort most especially in this tough economic times, it's a good thing one can still enjoy special discounts off all oraimo products via their eShop.

Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Solsix(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
Emeskhalifa:
Not in support of the drastic action taken by the Lagos government but let's learn how to behave like humans, not till officials threaten to treat us like animals or start treating us like animals

Ask yourself, how come Nigerians are so lawless in Nigeria but the most law abiding individuals once they set foot outside Nigeria?

Let's learn to do what is right without being forced to do so.
My thoughts exactly,
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by dododawa1: 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
YORUBA are good and accommodated,God blessed OSHODI man.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by moneyissweet(m): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2022
And na Yoruba man wan help them,while my Igbo brothers is one Corner eating akpu and oha soup.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Originalsly: 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
Eriokanmi:

In sane environment, if you like be a police officer, once you commit any offence, a traffic offence for that matter,you'd not be spared.

I live in a sane environment .... and got spared several times when pulled over and almost on a daily basis. It's up to the discretion of the officer. I park where I'm not supposed to ... place my job placard on the dashboard ... I'm not ticketed 99.9% of the time ... others are almost all the time. When I'm ticketed.... I go pay the fine... after all.... I was parking illegally. The same discretion applies in sane countries and the chief violators are Police.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by fman(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
OboOlora:
Someone broke tha law and his vehicle was confiscated, so he didn’t know it was his means of livelihood when he broke the law?

Since he wants to assist every predicament-inclined Nigerian, he should also go and bail all yahoo boys in efcc net, as long as they can claim they are into fraud cos the govt couldn’t provide jobs for them
You are the one been sentimental here.
E dey pain u?
Nobody every body wicked like u
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by fman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
moneyissweet:
And na Yoruba man wan help them,while my Igbo brothers is one Corner eating akpu and oha soup.
E be like u like that soup?
Always bear in mind that
Help can come from any angle..
Irrespective of tribe, religion or class.
So no dey see things from the tribal angle!!
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Wwwq: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ok
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by IamAtikulate: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
You people should stop comparing Nigeria to other countries. We operate under different rules of engagement. Besides the USA does not have the insane character element of most Nigerians. I just came back from Abj, Abj doesn’t have traffic challenges like Lagos, hence the difference in their rules of engagements. Traffic laws will be harsher in Lagos because most traffic troubles are caused by motorists. I opine as someone who has to deal with the daily challenges of traffic jam in Lagos.
No wahala

I hope you will maintain the same energy when someone takes away your daily bread for a crime (or mistake) a fine would have been an appropriate punishment for?
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Cravemore: 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
Anybody wey no dey carry body... knack am something... smiley
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by wirinet(m): 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2022
Softmirror:

WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE IN A CASE OF A TRAFFIC OFFENSE SUCH AS DRIVING ALONG 'ONE WAY' WHICH RESULTED TO LOSS OF LIFE DUE TO ACCIDENT.

The driver should be charged for manslaughter, the car should be fined appropriately and returned to the owner.

Whether he drove one way, drunk while driving or drove dangerously, once a life was involved, the driver should be prosecuted for manslaughter.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ayk8:

Go to any of the developed countries and see why they thrive. They have LAWS!

By the way he must have been told to pay a certain fine which he failed to. Then he abandoned he's vehicle. That's what l think would have happened.

I saw it in tv yesterday, they said many of them abandoned their vehicles with them when they are supposed to pay certain amount to get back their vehicles e.g 45k.

So let's be realistic, without LAW, there will be chaos and carnage! so stop spreading lies.
Na poor man law dey catch.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by meobizy(f): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
2Radii:

Ti iya e o ba n se didirin, afobojona, koni bi akindanidani bii tie.

One day u wil be a victim of reckless driving in one way. Abunu.
Mynd44.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by meobizy(f): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
2Radii:
na u stupid..oponu.

Put ur motor for one way den.. olodo.

One day u will directly or indirectly be a victim of one-way driving, den u will know the scores.

Abi didn't u hear the the government gave dem the ample time to pay fine or defend it in court??
Mynd44.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by 2Radii: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
meobizy:
Mynd44.
if u don't call mod for them as u called for me then u re mæd..
U dey creize
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by meobizy(f): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
2Radii:
if u don't call mod for them as u called for me then u re mæd..
U dey creize
Here we go again.

Mynd44.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by 2Radii: 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
meobizy:
Here we go again.

Mynd44.

Yes, not until u report all of us, why did u spare their uncouth words towards me but u re reporting mine ??

U re an Imbec!le

Afonu.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by meobizy(f): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
2Radii:

Yes, not until u report all of us, why did u spare their uncouth words towards me but u re reporting mine ??

U re an Imbec!le

Afonu.
Mynd44.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by 2Radii: 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
meobizy:
Mynd44.
Stop mentioning me else u wil keep receiving insult.

I don't know why u guys love double standards, two persons are talking, u left one and u re reporting the other.. cant u see u re dem3nted??
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by meobizy(f): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2022
2Radii:
Stop mentioning me else u wil keep receiving insult.

I don't know why u guys love double standards, two persons are talking, u left one and u re reporting the other.. cant u see u re dem3nted??
Mynd44.
Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by alizma: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
Is this one of the achievement that tinubu is bragging about?Why will Lagos state government seizes someone's car and sold it out because he violates traffic rules? Meanwhile government officials who drive in convoys are worst in breaking traffic rules.But they are never arrested.

Re: This Man Is Ready To Help Dorothy Dike & Son (picture) by alizma: 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
OboOlora:

Don't mind them. The state government has done it's part, let them buy him another vehicle, write only source of living on it then they should advise him to drive against traffic again, government will still seize that one too

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Young Man Stabbed To Death After Visiting His Girlfriend In Minna / EFCC Arrests 13 Yahoo Boys, Recovers Laptops, SUV, Toyota Highlander, Corolla / Nigerian Arrested In India With Drugs Worth N161 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.