Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (20304 Views)

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital / Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja / Guaranty Trust Bank Opens 5 Additional E-branches In Lagos And Kaduna States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stagger: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
The first non-interest bank in Nigeria, Jaiz Bank PLC, was launched today in Abuja. Guess who the Chairman of the bank is?

The father of the underwear bomber himself! I personally have nothing against non-interest banking, but the bank could have avoided the choice of Alhaji Abdulmutallab as the board chairman at a time his son is undergoing trial for suspected terrorist activity.

House, what do you think?
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by tjide: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ poster,

From your comments, I am sure your are seriously staggering from drunkenesss while posting this thread.

Alhaji Abdulmattalab is a well respected person that have spents decades in the business world especially in the banking industry.

This man has over thirty companies that is employing nigerian and non nigerians incluiding christains.

Not forgetting the fact that he personally reported his son to the United States Government even before the incident.

The man stills goes to the U.S. as he likes till today

Nobody have ever spoken of him as being bias either religion wise or ethnic wise

So mr staggering idiota, what is your problem with this man?

Please let this man be

2 Likes

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by tjide: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
Staggering idiota,

I am sure you have completely forgotten that he was once the Chairman of First Bank for over over twenty years. His vast experirnce in both the business and financial industry must have been the yard stick

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stagger: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2011
tjide:

@ poster,

From your comments, I am sure your are seriously staggering from drunkenesss while posting this thread.

Alhaji Abdulmattalab is a well respected person that have spents decades in the business world especially in the banking industry.

This man has over thirty companies that is employing nigerian and non nigerians incluiding christains.

Not forgetting the fact that he personally reported his son to the United States Government even before the incident.

The man stills goes to the U.S. as he likes till today

Nobody have ever spoken of him as being bias either religion wise or ethnic wise

So mr staggering idiota, what is your problem with this man?

Please let this man be

You are indeed an idiot. If you read that post, you would know what I meant.

But of course, I do not expect cretinized imbeciles like you to know that at a time when his son is being tried on terrorism charges, that fact will create a situation where the bank's objectives will be overshadowed by those events. Do not tell me you are not aware of the controversy that has pervaded this issue.

B, astard cretinized slowpoke!
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stagger: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
And if you know you can stand me to my face to insult me, you reveal your identity and I dare you to repeat your comments.

Cretinized mothafucka!
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by 4shizzle(f): 5:44am On Aug 13, 2011
A father shouldnt be condemned for the sin of his son. The man earns it so why shouldnt he be the chairman? and what connection does terrorism have with banking?
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Greenpro: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2011
Alhaji Abdulmattalab is a seasoned bank with experience.

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2011
stagger:

And if you know you can stand me to my face to insult me, you reveal your identity and I dare you to repeat your comments.

Cretinized mothafucka!
Shut up your mouth, where are you let me meet you face to face and see if you can talk. Come here to talk rubbish and you have the boldness to issue threats. You had better be very careful. angry angry angry

And I am very sure you have fathered your siblings by your mother for you to throw such words at others

stagger:

Cretinized mothafucka!
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by hannie: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Stagger

by now you should know who and who not to argue with . . .

check it out blink182 is same as tjide . . .doesnt that just tell u something undecided
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by femmy2010(m): 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
4shizzle:

and what connection does terrorism have with banking?

Hmm.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by passyjango(m): 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2011
4shizzle:

A father shouldnt be condemned for the sin of his son. The man earns it so why shouldnt he be the chairman? and what connection does terrorism have with banking?
A father should be blamed for how his son turns out. He was his responsibility and he failed him, that is probably why he turned out the way he did. I would have agreed with you if it were the other way around. I will not want to go into the psychology of how he became a terrorist, but I am sure his father is not totally free of any blame.

However, you do not need to be a good father to be a good banker, so I do not see how his failings to his child is relevant in this case.

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by kosoro: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2011
Hopefully the bank considered that the next time his son appears in court, he will be referred to as the son of the Chairman of Jaiz Bank, an islamic bank - you all know how the western media operate. I'm not sure what that will do to the company's PR.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by strangest(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2011
If he
4shizzle:

you need money to buy weapon of mass destruction and banks can provide such money

can not call his son back when he noticed what the son got himself into, as young as he is, then i doubt if he is in a position to manage any establishment that involves peoples money
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by klas(m): 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
Mutallab has been the chairman of the company since it was established in 2002

What is the link to your story about the launch. The last time I checked, the bank was yet to fulfil the capital requirement. Hope you are not refering to the annual general meeting of the company held in abuja
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by cicero(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
I don't think it is a wise decision making this man the banks Chairman.
First islamic banking is like a foot in the door for jihadists, majority of christians objected but you ignored them and went ahead.
Now you decided to rub it in by appointing a terrorist-in-closet as chairman, meanwhile his son had just come out of the closet and is standing trial.
Even if he has 300 companies and employs only pastors, it is in bad taste.

By the way, the son's predicament is in islam the dream of most parents but elsewhere, a sign of parental failure.
The man may be suitably qualified for the position but they could have waited for the trial to end before the appointment.
His appointment might be a deliberate move to ridicule some people.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by gregg2: 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2011
4shizzle:

On the bolded
How old are u? Ok, simple answer, terrorist networks are financed by such institutions.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stagger: 1:30am On Aug 16, 2011
blink182:

Shut up your mouth, where are you let me meet you face to face and see if you can talk. Come here to talk rubbish and you have the boldness to issue threats. You had better be very careful. angry angry angry

And I am very sure you have fathered your siblings by your mother for you to throw such words at others

Mr Blink,

I take it you have never been a guest of the military intelligence, Restrict yourself to your dollar exchange rate discussions and be careful what you say here. Do not insult my family again, you could get your life very complicated indeed!
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 16, 2011
of all the posts I have read on nairaland, this is the stupidest and funniest. thank you for making me laugh, Mr drunkard.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by adezjamz(m): 5:20am On Aug 16, 2011
The mans experience is what we need here not his terror child which have noting to do with this matter in my own view.

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Remii(m): 5:58am On Aug 16, 2011
passyjango:

A father should be blamed for how his son turns out. He was his responsibility and he failed him, that is probably why he turned out the way he did. I would have agreed with you if it were the other way around. I will not want to go into the psychology of how he became a terrorist, but I am sure his father is not totally free of any blame.

However, you do not need to be a good father to be a good banker, so I do not see how his failings to his child is relevant in this case.

That is it, you may be against him if is elected as chairman of parent teacher association of you kids school, not charmain of a bank. after all we cope with brats and spoilt kids as long as they are good strikers or sports men. Chukwukifu Oputa is one of best jugdes in Nigeria, are you saying his son, Charlie Boy is an example of best kids?
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stagger: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2011
Can the mischievous moderators here tell me why they decided to add Islamic bank in bracket to my original title which was "Jaiz Bank PLC Opens for Business"?

Whoever of the moderators did this, be careful. I am warning you. Do not go adding things to people's posts. angry
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by dustydee: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2011
Why should he be penalized for the sin of his son? If his son had won an award in banking will you recommend him for a top job in the bank? your statement is a little bit irresponsible.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2011
stagger:

Mr Blink,

I take it you have never been a guest of the military intelligence, Restrict yourself to your dollar exchange rate discussions and be careful what you say here. Do not insult my family again, you could get your life very complicated indeed!
So it hurts, but when you insult the family of others
Cretinized mothafucka!
it doesn't hurt? If at all the life of anyone could get complicated it will be yours. Hear yourself speaking as though you are some sort of god. Go get your bloated ego massaged somewhere else.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by MSabir: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2011
9jirians,why ar we judging a man by hs son did we 4get that we only try our best bt we cant change destiny and faith,if we ar to judge our peopl by thr childrns action 80% of us wil nt xcep.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by shadrach77: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2011
Greenpro:

Alhaji Abdulmattalab is a seasoned bank with experience.
is good english so difficult to write?  angry angry
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^
At least you got the idea of what he was trying to say, I believe its typo error
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by begwong: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2011
I NEED A LOAN OF 1BILLION NAIRA. SHEBI NO COLLATERAL? PLS FURNISH ME WITH THE FULL ADDY FOR ABUJA. grin grin grin
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by muntakamo(m): 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
alhamdulillah 4 withnessing this day, a day that pple will gather in the name of ja'iz bank in nigeria, a non intrest banking, a bank that will transform the nigerian economy and soon we will all divert all our bank activities to this particular bank to avert RIBAH and other illegal activities that do take place with our means.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2011
I actually can't wait for their operations to start, I'll rather share my profits than pay cut throat interest rates
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by MyJoe: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
stagger:

Mr Blink,

It is in particularly bad taste to insult people's families and that should not be condoned. But you should not use your military links or connections to settle personal scores.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Kx: 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2011
Lets not crucify the poster pls.
He is only saying"
"The chairman of the first Islamic bank in Nigeria- Jaiz- is the father of the terrorist bomber trained by the world's most dreaded Islamic group Al Qaeda"
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by teeq(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
You this stagger of a guy why are been naive what is the correlation between a son who choose to be a criminal and a father who has chosen to work hard. If Alh. Mutalab is the chairman of jaizz bank so what? If you don't have reasonable topics to post stay of your system or better sleep.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Business To Start Having Low Capital In Nigeria / Eleme Petrochemicals Gives First Bank 48-Hour Court Notice / The Must Know Taxes For Doing Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.