Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (20307 Views)

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital / Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja / Guaranty Trust Bank Opens 5 Additional E-branches In Lagos And Kaduna States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by luluosas(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2011
stagger:

You are indeed an . If you read that post, you would know what I meant.

But of course, I do not expect cretinized imbeciles like you to know that at a time when his son is being tried on terrorism charges, that fact will create a situation where the bank's objectives will be overshadowed by those events. Do not tell me you are not aware of the controversy that has pervaded this issue.

B, astard cretinized slowpoke!
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by luluosas(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
stagger:

You are indeed an . If you read that post, you would know what I meant.

But of course, I do not expect cretinized imbeciles like you to know that at a time when his son is being tried on terrorism charges, that fact will create a situation where the bank's objectives will be overshadowed by those events. Do not tell me you are not aware of the controversy that has pervaded this issue.

B, astard cretinized slowpoke!
You are a big fool. When EFCC accused Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of your slow motion president, on fraud, didn't you went ahead to thumb print for Jonathan? Patience battered the image of Jonathan, and yet, you saw nothing wrong with that. Wake up from your delusions.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by sabawex(m): 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2011
staggering and druken shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry person is not always with the rightful sense so analyze issues properly, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy u c the end result poor judgment of issues
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Actionleap: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2011
Mutalab's father is one of those holding Nigeria hostage with bg influence in PDP and govt circle. As a big player in First bank, i want to believe he's Sanusi's mentor, either when he joined First bank, sponsorship to those Islamic universities and when being nominated for CBN governor.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by abelian: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2011
dustydee:

Why should he be penalized for the sin of his son? If his son had won an award in banking will you recommend him for a top job in the bank? your statement is a little bit irresponsible.

let the father of the Norwegian guy Anders Behring Breivik try that in Norway and see what the response would be
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stagger: 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2011
I am so loving this,
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by stone11(m): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
strangest:

If he

you need money to buy weapon of mass destruction and banks can provide such money

Islamic bank is for money laundering to fund terrerism. Both sanusi and abdulmutalab are one way or the other connected to a terrorist group

can not call his son back when he noticed what the son got himself into, as young as he is, then i doubt if he is in a position to manage any establishment that involves peoples money
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Ayoobscom(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2011
If there should be a christian banking the likes of the transactions would be ,gambling,prostitution,extortion/tighte and conspiracy sponsoring, why wouldnt they be jealous that Islam is about to salvate this wobbling economy of ours.

why wont they?
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by tinnymerit(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2011
Do u think d bank could operate for long?.150 millions against 6.5 billions they got so far.sanusi is an alfa and not an accountant,did he ever consider BAD DEBT and other DEBTS.interest is compulsory in bizs even if its 1%.are they not going to pay their staffs,paper works,tax on the building they would use and other expenses.i pray it works for a year before ,
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2011
^^^
Please google non-interest banking before you make post as these
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Cappuccino: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nigerians!
Religious fights are what cause problems in our society.
Criticizing the integrity of others isnt the better life.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Redstone(m): 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2011
Why do we concentrate on crumbs instead of the cake? The man is obviously qualified to chair the bank, but why Islamic bank at this time and season when the country is trying to diffuse tensions along religious borderlines?, why is it that a bank must be called Islamic bank,? Why not just call XYZ bank; a non interest bank for all, is it that Islam is trying to establish stronghold in Nigerian economy or that Sanusi feels Islam has no place in Nigerian economy yet and now wants it to paly a role?

A non interest bank must not necessarily be an islamic bank, it could just be a conventional bank that operates without interest if they feel they can survive that way. Come to think of it, how does this bank make profit, who is funding or who is the father christmas?, what are the conditions of getting an interest free loan from the bank?

We should be careful along religious lines, Nigerians are too diverse to be carjoled into religious servitude. There is freedom of religion, association and what have you.

Boko haram must stop the bombing.
I rest my case.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by rocean: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
thats a good idea
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by deols(f): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
Who is this stagger

am so interested in how his threats are carried out. sounds like one papa old soldier thinking he's still in the military era.

no matter what anyone says, Islamic banking is here to stay! by Allah. .and please can People always read about what they have no knowledge of before posting . Its annoying when u hear such comments as-
tinnymerit:

Do u think d bank could operate for long?.150 millions against 6.5 billions they got so far.sanusi is an alfa and not an accountant,did he ever consider BAD DEBT and other DEBTS.interest is compulsory in bizs even if its 1%.are they not going to pay their staffs,paper works,tax on the building they would use and other expenses.i pray it works for a year before ,
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Ceaser84: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2011
Focus guys! you have all demonstrated some level of irresponsibility and neglecting the point behind staggers first statement. How can Nigerians benefit from JAIZ BANK
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by lukman2001: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
The commencement is a welcome development in Nigeria.In 2004, the Jaiz International Bank applied to set up a non-interest bank based on Islamic principles and was given an approval-in-principle in 2005 by the CBN. The CBN approved the operation of non-interest banking in Nigeria because it is another means of attracting the much needed foreign investment to develop infrastructure in the country. Non-interest banking is a form of specialized banking like merchant banking, investment banking or micro-finance banking that could be used as positive catalysts in the banking sector. Thirdly, it is a global financing business worth over $1trillion. In addition, it is also a means of guaranteeing financial inclusion for more Nigerians, especially for those who desire a non-interest, profit-sharing form of banking and finance irrespective of their religious affiliation.
Currently, non-interest Islamic banking is in vogue in many countries of the world that share the same secular environment like Nigeria. While it is true that Muslims majority states are leading in Islamic finance, it is currently being operated in more than 75 countries across the globe. These countries include the United Kingdom, France, Luxemburg, Japan, USA, Kenya, Zambia, Senegal to name a few. Indeed, UK ranks 8th above many predominantly Muslim states like Turkey and Sudan in terms of Islamic global banking assets.  In fact, France, UK and Luxemburg are all competing to become the hub of Islamic Finance in Europe. Statistics have shown that between 40 and 50 per cent of customers of Islamic banks in some of these countries are non- Muslims.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 12:37am On May 19, 2012
We can actually state our points clearly without insulting each other, let's act like educated people please.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by bendazum: 5:40am On May 19, 2012
[quote author=tjide]@ poster,

From your comments, I am sure your are seriously staggering from drunkenesss while posting this thread.

Alhaji Abdulmattalab is a well respected person that have spents decades in the business world especially inemploying nigerian and non nigerians incluiding chri
So mr staggering idiota, what is your problem....

I might not know this man well but JACK BAEUR '24' has taught me not to accept people at face value. We area talking about BOKO HARAM and this is happening. Easy access to funds.Who runs this country sef?!
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 6:28am On May 19, 2012
Depends on who will patronize the bank knowing fully well that majority of Nigerians are sentimental. Once they hear, thats terrorist's father. Its 440. Lets be frank, the appointment will make the bank non-appealing to people especially me.
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 19, 2012
This is a good developement for banking...I'm not interested in whether its islamic or nonIslamic,the no n interest banking phrase there is a welcome developement....pls do they have a website?twitter handle or facebook page? Anyone that has these info should kindly drop for me...thanks yall
Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by dasparrow: 8:04pm On May 19, 2012
@Post

I would not mind banking with a bank that offers 0% interest rate. I am glad they have actually opened the bank. I guess they chose Alhaji Abdulmutallab because of his wealth of experience in the banking sector.

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hey when dem go open ibadan..?I'm a christian...I must open an account with them..make una dey thereeach dey insult una selves..xtain nd muslim na humanbeing..God is one :

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marilyn-Joan Obiora Of Diamond Bank Stole 125 Million Naira / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC / Chrisvicmall Is A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.