Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets (79913 Views)

Biden Signs Cryptocurrency Executive Order On Digital Assets (Video) / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by famouscargo4u: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
God1000:
UK government should just sell everything and send us the money since their their families are untraceable.

Nigerians and Africans still living in foreign countries should learn from this before its too late, we're all gonna croak someday and leave everything behind.

This reminds me of Abacha loot that is still unknown.

Personally I don't think I will buy any property in another country

Femi Fani kayode's grandfather's house is there. That family too sabi book. His great grand parents had masters in law as at 1885, his grandfather had master degree. His father had master in law and was a SAN before becoming deputy governor.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by famouscargo4u: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
emmabest2000:
The number 2 in the list
is it not FFK relative

FFK is a danm prodigal son grin

His grandfather.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Enimin: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD

Any yahoo boy wey sure say im sabi work, oya come forward! grin
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Theoarhics: 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
I just saw my father's name. Let go and claim my father's property.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SugarGirl44(f): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Na Yoruba Names full here, still they won't claim developer

Abi ooo...
I noticed it too.
It is empty barrels that make noise sha.

But some certain people who came to develop populate the enite universe won't let us rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by OnionBandit(f): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
MT:

When someone passes and you go get letter of administration. I am not sure of the exact percentage again, but i think it is 10% of the inheritance that will be forfeited to the Govt. This is no hearsay, I witnessed few years ago.

Lawyers in the house can enlighten more.
Okay..So who administers this tax? Who collects it? The FIRS or the lawyers on behalf of the government..Cos to the best of my knowledge, inheritance tax is not part of what the FIRS collects
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by cm4078: 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
this is amazing
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
So many of them are from dysfunctional families , cut off links from their families and even Nigeria so they ended up like that.

For those trash-talking and cursing Nigeria from a foreign land today, same fate awaits you.

Your condescending curses on our land here is what our land will return to you in multiple folds and those curses will follow you to your grave. I read of a few of such hate-filled unpatriotic Nigerians overseas who died during covid 19 and got buried in unmarked graves with no trace by their families till date. smh.

The land of Ngeria will bless those who bless it and curse those who curse it. That curse will follow you even around even if they travel to antarctica.
God bless Nigeria for ever!
Absolute rubbish! You don't know their circumstances or what really happened, you sit in your ignorant small minded hut and concluding. You that have large families you are in contact with i am guessing you will live forever. cheesy naigerian is a shithole when i die i will be buried here where i am. Fork nigeria! My step brother the only brother i have in nigeria scammed me of millions of naira, he is living in my mansion right now in nigeria with his wife and 4 children, he refused to move out, he sold all my properties in nigeria and kept the money, he even threatned to kill me if i ever step foot in that shithole. So tell me why i shouldn't cut him off.

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by OnionBandit(f): 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
Johnn44:

Chartered accountant? grin
Guessed right?
Abi na chartered bus cheesy
Never knew the guy 's not chartered. He went on Google to copy and paste here. This Nairaland sef grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Positiveme2020: 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
And Nigerian banks and other financial institutions sit on dead customers assets. Even when there is Next of kin. They never cared to contact the family members.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SugarGirl44(f): 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
onome2013:
Can this happen in Nigeria

Don't be quick to cvrse your country because of the 'kind' gesture of these people.
The properties are not worth stealing, that's why they didn't touch it.
They would rather steal Africa's resources which are worth way more and more..., along with your artifacts.
Go and check their museums and be wowed.

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by FreeStuffsNG: 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Absolute rubbish! You don't know their circumstances or what really happened, you sit in your ignorant small minded hut and concluding. You that have large families you are in contact with i am guessing you will live forever. cheesy

Eeya....Someone is really pissed. Thank God for the "small huts" in Lagos city, Nigeria,
May God bless my "small hut" and bless the fatherland Nigeria of my forebears it stands on. No vesss omo oju ori ola ri wink

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Someone is really pissed. Thank God for the "small huts" in Lagos city, Nigeria,
May God bless my "small hut" and bless the fatherland Nigeria of my forebears it stands on. No vesss omo oju ori ola ri wink
Yes, i am pissed, my only step brother i have in nigeria scammed me of millions of naira, he is living in my mansion in nigeria right now, with his wife and 4 children, he refused to move, he sold all my properties, diverted all my landed properties and kept everything, he even threatned to kill me if i ever set foot in that shithole, or try to fight him for my properties. So tell me! Why i shouldn't cut him outta my life. As i ve said, you don't know the circumstances. So stay in your ignorant small minded hut

What da fork does omo oju ori ola ri means? You think everyone understands your small hut language?

Fork families! When i die i will be buried here where i am!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 11:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
Unbelievable sad sad
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by jojothaiv(m): 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
This thread just gave life to one of SoundSultan classic Area...

How I wish say I fit reach you anywhere you dey.....

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by bemagnify: 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
Johnn44:

Chartered accountant? grin
Guessed right?
Abi na chartered bus cheesy

You are mistaken me for someone else. Me we no sabi calculation. abeg.....o
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by adolfHitler1934: 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ceenachi:
My uncle's name suppose dey there oo sad
He traveled to UK in 1967 and never returned
Lol
First generation japarians.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Johnn44: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
bemagnify:

You are mistaken me for someone else. Me we no sabi calculation. abeg.....o
grin grin grin
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Nonexisting1: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
FFK done hammer be that. Maybe he will now stop eating crumbs from Tinubu's table.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by MT: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
OnionBandit:
Okay..So who administers this tax? Who collects it? The FIRS or the lawyers on behalf of the government..Cos to the best of my knowledge, inheritance tax is not part of what the FIRS collects

It all happens at the probate. There is a dedicated government account for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by OnionBandit(f): 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2022
MT:

It all happens at the probate. There is a dedicated government account for it.
Thank you!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by AngelicBeing: 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
God1000:
UK government should just sell everything and send us the money since their families are untraceable.

Nigerians and Africans still living in foreign countries should learn from this before its too late, we're all gonna croak someday and leave everything behind.

This reminds me of Abacha's loot that is still unknown.

Personally I don't think I will buy any property or save huge amount of money in another country.

Meanwhile I'm over the moon that Russia is losing badly in Ukraine, dictator Putin has finally made Russia a laughingstock
Hian, for laughing at the idiot called Putin, I will send your details, home address, street number, pictures, Facebook account,, your bank details and pictures to the Kgb and the Kremlin in the next 96 hours, you will be arrested and flown to Russia and detained for 500 years tongue
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by GistFullGround: 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
God1000:
UK government should just sell everything and send us the money since their families are untraceable.

This reminds me of Abacha's loot that is still unknown.

Personally I don't think I will buy any property or save huge amount of money in another country.

Meanwhile I'm over the moon that Russia is losing badly in Ukraine, dictator Putin has finally made Russia a laughingstock

Thief!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Okhuadams(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD
with this information now our 419 brothers/sisters go don dey prepare document we go still here news
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by AngelicBeing: 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
Righteousness2:
That's the vanity of life. Nobody carries a pin to eternity.
Treat the things of this life with very Light Hands. Ensure you have the needful .
A Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ is the needful.
Gbamsulotely, naked we come and naked we exit, only The Redeemed of The Lord, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ will enter The paradise of My Father, God Almighty, Halleluyah cool
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by God1000(m): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian, for laughing at the idiot called Putin, I will send your details, home address, street number, pictures, Facebook account,, your bank details and pictures to the Kgb and the Kremlin in the next 96 hours, you will be arrested and flown to Russia and detained for 500 years tongue
lol, his fan boys on nairaland are hiding their faces

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
OnionBandit:
Mehn!

There is no way you can claim these properties without paying inheritance tax of 40% after deduction of any available nil rate band..and that is where I see a major problem. Hehe..The UK doesn't joke with inheritance tax, unlike Nigeria where you can inherit property worth billions and you have no tax to pay on them whatsoever.

Nigeria is a good country, we just don't know. All we need is a change of attitude..for we are all bad as a people

I mentioned nil rate band na, Mr oversabi..you and I know that most estates are worth more than the normal and resident nil rate band combined. Plus if it was left for the spouse which is exempt, the spouses would have been contacted and the owners names wouldnt have been published..talk another
So if you happen to inherit any of these properties your worries would be 40% inheritance tax? sad what bout the person who died and left the property? What should they be worrying about? Are you greedy or what?

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by AngelicBeing: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
God1000:
lol, his fan boys on nairaland are hiding their faces
True that tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Donald Trump Is Google Face Of "Idiot" (Photos) / Earthquake Rocks Italy Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.