Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,680 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets (79923 Views)

Biden Signs Cryptocurrency Executive Order On Digital Assets (Video) / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by sowhatifiamibo(m): 2:35am On Sep 17, 2022
Righteousness2:
That's the vanity of life. Nobody carries a pin to eternity.
Treat the things of this life with very Light Hands. Ensure you have the needful .
A Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ is the needful.
Give away your earthly belongings and go seek your Christ then! Talk is cheap[color=#990000][/color]!

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by phemmyfour: 2:58am On Sep 17, 2022
Righteousness2:
That's the vanity of life. Nobody carries a pin to eternity.
Treat the things of this life with very Light Hands. Ensure you have the needful .
A Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ is the needful.
yet, you love to secure front page spot on NL ....vanity indeed

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:00am On Sep 17, 2022
DAYOODS:

Your Uncle no get Property for Uk be that.
grin grin
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by thunderbabs: 3:00am On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:
UK government should just sell everything and send us the money since their families are untraceable.

Nigerians and Africans still living in foreign countries should learn from this before its too late, we're all gonna croak someday and leave everything behind.

This reminds me of Abacha's loot that is still unknown.

Personally I don't think I will buy any property or save huge amount of money in another country.

Meanwhile I'm over the moon that Russia is losing badly in Ukraine, dictator Putin has finally made Russia a laughingstock, Russia will be ranked number 10 in the next global military power

Russia jus geh weapons but lack skillful combatants on and off field. God don yeye Putin and his weapons grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Joeyfizzo: 3:00am On Sep 17, 2022
In Nigeria na d person lawyer go steal everything.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by darkstar6971(m): 3:42am On Sep 17, 2022
How I wish Hushpuppi Dey so we can claim dis assets
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by joyandfaith: 3:50am On Sep 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
So many of them are from dysfunctional families , cut off links from their families and even Nigeria so they ended up like that.

For those trash-talking and cursing Nigeria from a foreign land today, same fate awaits you.

Your condescending curses on our land here is what our land will return to you in multiple folds and those curses will follow you to your grave. I read of a few of such hate-filled unpatriotic Nigerians overseas who died during covid 19 and got buried in unmarked graves with no trace by their families till date. smh.

The land of Ngeria will bless those who bless it and curse those who curse it. That curse will follow you around even if you travel to antarctica.
May God bless Nigeria my fatherland for ever!
Hundreds of unclaimed bodies in mortuary. Many were given mass burial. Others are still waiting to be buried like that. Mass burial is normal occurrence in the north. Yes, Nigeria is cursed because of people like you.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by sharone21(f): 3:53am On Sep 17, 2022
maxtop:
Our own Fani Kayode will run ASAP to the British embassy to claim that property now. Since he didnt have any appointment lately and has already concluded to kiss Emilokan urchins ass. This seem to be a way out.

FKJ over to you baba. Food don done !!!

grin grin grin grin

You no serious oooo( lol)

FFK from grandparent sef na UK citizen so he doesn't even need embassy to fly go safe guard his wealth there.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by frankson1(m): 3:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Ceenachi:
My uncle's name suppose dey there oo sad
He traveled to UK in 1967 and never returned

UK PUBLISHED NAMES OF NIGERIANS WITH UNCLAIMED ESTATES AND ASSETS grin
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by ShenTeh(m): 3:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Can't find my uncle's name embarassed embarassed

I was there secretly looking for my father's name.

1 Like

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by sharone21(f): 4:02am On Sep 17, 2022
OnionBandit:
Mehn!

There is no way you can claim these properties without paying inheritance tax of 40% after deduction of any available nil rate band..and that is where I see a major problem. Hehe..The UK doesn't joke with inheritance tax, unlike Nigeria where you can inherit property worth billions and you have no tax to pay on them whatsoever.

Nigeria is a good country, we just don't know. All we need is a change of attitude..for we are all bad as a people

I mentioned nil rate band na, Mr oversabi..you and I know that most estates are worth more than the normal and resident nil rate band combined. Plus if it was left for the spouse which is exempt, the spouses would have been contacted and the owners names wouldnt have been published..talk another

Naija government charges on Letter of Administration but may not be same tax with that of UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Wilson500: 4:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Las las UK govt will inherit all the properties
All these ones na formality
See how selfish Nigerians in diaspora dash white people their hardwork at the expense of their loved ones back home
Africans need sense
Mad People Everywhere angry
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by MarxisGLABACK: 4:39am On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:
UK government should just sell everything and send us the money since their families are untraceable.

Nigerians and Africans still living in foreign countries should learn from this before its too late, we're all gonna croak someday and leave everything behind.

Personally I don't think I will buy any property or save huge amount of money in another country.

Meanwhile I'm over the moon that Russia is losing badly in Ukraine, dictator Putin has finally made Russia a laughingstock, Russia will be ranked number 10 in the next global military power

Instead of u to advice that family members from States concerned go to claim, even if they sell it it will be given to these same set of ur corrupt leaders, think wisely abeg
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by MarxisGLABACK: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2022
emmabest2000:
The number 2 in the list
is it not FFK relative

FFK is a danm prodigal son grin

NA DE LIVING DEAD
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by seunmind44: 4:45am On Sep 17, 2022
someone should help me spell konsikwensis
as in... you'll face the konsikwensis
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by sulakishop(m): 4:46am On Sep 17, 2022
So my uncle name no dey there? Unbelievable!
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Cutehector(m): 5:01am On Sep 17, 2022
whirlout:
Some people head already calculating how to forge papers to lay claim to some of those assets..
bida people already on it.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Sixfiguresmart(m): 5:12am On Sep 17, 2022
Adorasion:
They will soon find more of Abachas money
Abacha's money??

His money?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Sixfiguresmart(m): 5:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Can't find my uncle's name embarassed embarassed
it is written on the scream
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by georgeakins: 5:24am On Sep 17, 2022
beejay85:

Samuel Sevlon ....u can download its pdf online for free
Thanks
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Elidrisy20: 5:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Nigeria government needs those assets, the government is broke, you hardly find a northern in this kind of mess
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by AngelicBeing: 5:46am On Sep 17, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
this is rubbish l am writing, my brain is demented and dead, l am an idiot , even my self mean nothing?l am a useless nonetity belch by a village witch, frustration will finish me in Nigeria,
I am the most useless idiot on planet earth , grin
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by mukthar2000(m): 6:04am On Sep 17, 2022
No place like home ooo, our Nigerian brothers and sisters in diaspora.
Though most of them are scared and don't trust any of their realatives in Nigeria to help them handles their project here in Nigeria, that is why they prefer buying estate property in other countries, forgotten that death is inevitable and unpredictable.
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by OkodiDenzel: 6:21am On Sep 17, 2022
New update for yahoo boys. Something to get down to work with...
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by akin9ja78(m): 6:21am On Sep 17, 2022
I regret been an afonja, how can people be so selfish
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by Abaman001(m): 6:31am On Sep 17, 2022
Ceenachi:
My uncle's name suppose dey there oo sad
He traveled to UK in 1967 and never returned
Why are all of you claiming uncles and no one is claiming father? Pls, what did uncles do to you guys...the hatred on uncles is too much in Nigeria, more especially the uncles from the father side....
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by caye(m): 6:33am On Sep 17, 2022
bhella10:
Reminds one of the book The Lonely Londoner

Read that book in around 1998-2000!

#classic
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by deflover(m): 6:35am On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:

Instead Russia to loose
Putin will use his last weapon
He will nuke America
And drag dem into the war

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by GEEBITE: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2022
The probate registry of the state issuing the letter of admin and the least charge is 10% of the value of estate in tangible assets.
OnionBandit:
Okay..So who administers this tax? Who collects it? The FIRS or the lawyers on behalf of the government..Cos to the best of my knowledge, inheritance tax is not part of what the FIRS collects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by wowcatty: 6:48am On Sep 17, 2022
Are they going to release them without estate tax or death tax?
Re: UK Publishes Names Of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Estates, Assets by liver123(m): 6:52am On Sep 17, 2022
If it is Nigeria my country, some group of people would have cornered the property

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Earthquake Rocks Italy Amid Coronavirus Outbreak / Donald Trump Is Google Face Of "Idiot" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.