Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars (870 Views)

Top 5 Cars The Nigerian Police Are Usually Afraid To Stop At Checkpoints / Car Purchase From USA And Canada. / Why Nigerians Are Afraid To Buy Some Car Brands? - Gabriel Salifu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 12:57am On Sep 17, 2022
Why are you afraid to do business or buy car from Nairaland car dealers
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:17am On Sep 17, 2022
We don't trust one another. Even ordinary conversation where money is not involved, many Nairalanders are dishonest, so imagine if money were involved and you'd see the need for ubercaution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:18am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:
We don't trust one another. Even ordinary conversation where money is not involved, many Nairalanders are dishonest, so imagine if money were involved and you'd see the need for ubercaution.
Sure I understand, lot of dishonest people around, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t help each other’s businesses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:23am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:

Sure I understand, lot of dishonest people around, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t help each other’s businesses

We don't buy cars or anything to help anyone's business. Just as the car seller does not sell me car because they are helping me, so too do I not buy a car to help the seller, and not knowing this is precisely why the car seller is not trusted.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:29am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

We don't buy cars or anything to help anyone's business. Just as the car seller does not sell me car because they are helping me, so too do I not buy a car to help the seller, and not knowing this is precisely why the car seller is not trusted.
So are you implying that am not to be trusted
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:30am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

And also is car business difference from other business like real estate, selling of laptop, phones buying of Goods
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:42am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:

And also is car business difference from other business like real estate, selling of laptop, phones buying of Goods

Indeed it is. It is not uncommon for car sellers to sell one a lemon that breaks down as soon as one drives it away from the seller.

At no business does 'buyer beware' apply more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:50am On Sep 17, 2022
I don’t do business like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:50am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:

So are you implying that am not to be trusted

No, I am not implying you are not to be trusted. I don't know you enough to know whether you can be trusted or not, and I don't make claims about people I do not know. But when it comes to buying expensive things like cars, trust does not apply, which is why I'd bring my mechanic to check the car for me, and police to ensure its not stolen before I even consider paying you.

And even then, trust still does not apply. All I'd know is whether I am happy or not with the car I bought from you, and that is what would motivate me to recommend you to others or not.

Basically, you are not only selling cars, but your integrity too. At least that is what I'd be paying you for when I buy a car from you. And if I am happy with my purchase, I'll be back for more, and I will recommend you to my friends and family too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:51am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

Indeed it is. It is not uncommon for car sellers to sell one a lemon that breaks down as soon as one drives it away from the seller.

At no business does 'buyer beware' apply more.
I don’t do business like that… what I can’t accept I can’t give
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:52am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:
I don’t do business like that

Well, you would hardly expect your word to be taken for it now, or would you?

You'd show me reviews from previous buyers so I can see how they feel about the car you sold them, and even then, see my checks above.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:53am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

No, I am not implying you are not to be trusted. I don't know you enough to know whether you can be trusted or not, and I don't make claims about people I do not know. But when it comes to buying expensive things like cars, trust does not apply, which is why I'd bring my mechanic to check the car for me, and police to ensure its not stolen before I even consider paying you.

And even then, trust still does not apply. All I'd know is whether I am happy or not with the car I bought from you, and that is what would motivate me to recommend you to others or not.

Basically, you are not only selling cars, but your integrity too. At least that is what I'd be paying you for when I buy a car from you. And if I am happy with my purchase, I'll be back for more, and I will recommend you to my friends and family too.
you are right, I am not only selling cars but my integrity. And my integrity is very important to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:55am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

Well, you would hardly expect your word to be a taken for it now, or would you?

You'd show me reviews from previous buyers so I can see how they feel about the car you sold them, and even then, see my checks above.
I have no problem to show you review cus I sell with intergrity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:56am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:

This your sentiment is rather unbecoming!

Sorry, but I do not buy anything to help the seller's business. I buy things to help myself and even expect the seller to help me for the benefit of their own profit.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 1:58am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:
I have no problem to show you review cus I sell with intergrity

So what's the problem? Have you considered that Nairalanders might be broke ass people with no money to buy cars?

That might be the reason we are not buying cars from you you know. We just might not have the money to buy your cars and your integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 1:58am On Sep 17, 2022
budaatum:

This your sentiment is rather unbecoming!

Sorry, but I do not buy anything to help the seller's business. I buy things to help myself and even expect the seller to help me for the benefit of their own profit.
You speak like an economist… well I get you even thou you don’t get me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by budaatum: 2:06am On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:

You speak like an economist… well I get you even thou you don’t get me

I was hoping I spoke like a realist, but the important things is that you got me.

May your car business prosper.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by oloyedprince1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
Amen � bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by LiveWithIt: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
oloyedprince1:
Why are you afraid to do business or buy car from Nairaland car dealers
Nairaland car dealers are the most greedy, if you see a potsed car for 4.5m that same same would be around 3.2 by the original poster, and besides more that 8 of them would Post it with increament up to 6m..
Very greedy dealers

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Afraid To Purchase From Nairaland Expecially Cars by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 12:19am On Sep 18, 2022
Personal experience here.

Few months back when I went car hunting was when I gave up on NL car dealers.

A car that has been badly used and repainted,. U will see sellers quoting less than a year use, first body etc. With very ridiculous price when u go for inspection with ur mechanic that is when u will see the car is just a repackaged nonesense with more than 5 yrs usage.

The mechanic u took for inspection wasn't for free óò and other logistics cost so u spend alot inspecting nonesense

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sharp Toyota Camry V4 Engine For Sale / Please Any Information About The New Plates/registration / Problem With Radiator Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.