Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,977 members, 7,838,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Mum Insulted Me So Bad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Insulted Me So Bad (2059 Views)

Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted / He insulted me / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by Reggaemich(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. Whatever a 16-year-old is doing with such a phone, it is not her brother's place to violently assault her in any way. undecided

2. I beg to differ. He is wrong for violently assaulting his own sibling. undecided

3. Wow... you already have the backstory to this even before OP himself is informed of it? undecided

4. How very convenient of him to have said that of his father in this situation. Again, domestic violence, even under the guise of what you claim is manly dominance, is always wrong! undecided
your number 2 answer shows u are not a Nigerian or if u are a nigerian, then you are presently not in these country, because u used the word violently.

In Nigeria here, we use Cain, slap, etal to correct a child,

Even your neighbors will help u train (use Cain, slap) your child if they misbehave

Question
What is the solution to removing bad fruit or leaves from a big tree

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by gameova(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2022
NemoDatQuod:
@Kajaard.
It is never a good idea to call anyone names. Never a good idea. When you call people names, you lose the respect of decent men and women and your viewpoint is lost, no matter how good it is. It get's even worse if your view point is not grounded in reality.

Kobojunkie is right. The young man was violent towards his sister and if it was here in London, he'd be in jail and end up in prison for it, if reported by his mother or his sister. He also has no right to question his sister. What he has is the tool available to each of us. That is the opportunity to use friendship/respect to influence.

I am equally against his mother's reaction to the event. That was callous. She ought to know better.

That is London, here is Nigeria. Different society. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Too much civilization sometimes is not good. We have our own culture. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by Kobojunkiee: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
Reggaemich:
1. your number 2 answer shows u are not a Nigerian or if u are a nigerian, then you are presently not in these country, because u used the word violently.

2. In Nigeria here, we use Cain, slap, etal to correct a child, Even your neighbors will help u train (use Cain, slap) your child if they misbehave

3. Question What is the solution to removing bad fruit or leaves from a big tree
1. You may have grown up in a household where domestic violence of this sort was praised but in no way means you grew up right as you seem to believe still that violence is the way to go. undecided

2. In the very same Nigeria, there are many who are raised to understand that violence is never the answer, even when it involves dealing with one's own siblings. undecided

3. Again OP is a sibling, not a Parent. And this situation he should have reported to his parents whose responsibility it is to train their kids in the best possible way. undecided

As for removing bad fruits or leaves from a big tree... violently shaking the tree is obviously the wrong approach. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by Kobojunkiee: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
That is London, here is Nigeria. Different society. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Too much civilization sometimes is not good. We have our own culture. Thanks
I was raised in that very same Nigeria to understand that domestic violence is wrong. There is nothing African about domestic violence. It is instead born of a barbaric mentality that assumes control/domination is the only way to go about getting results. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
daboy18:
My little sister of 16 years came home with a iPhone 12 Pro max I asked her where did she get the phone from, she said it is her phone I asked her where did she get the money or who gave her the phone she said none of my business so I slapped her and seize her phone while I was waiting for my parents to come home. Only for my mum to cursed me so bad she told me I have no right to questions my sister about the phone and the day I will lay my hand on her again she will threw me out of the house my dad didn't say anything because he wear the wrapper my mum wear the trousers he just shooked his head and went inside the house. I am hurt by my mum words but I know one day i will make her happy and she will change her mind about me . did I do anything wrong for wanting to know where my sister who is a minor got the expensive phone from?

what a family...i guess your mother think in such a strange way. what else can you do than accept the type of family you got.
Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by Reggaemich(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

As for removing bad fruits or leaves from a big tree... violently shaking the tree is obviously the wrong approach. undecided
this comment is very funny, grin

U did not even say, u will pluck the bad fruit away

"Correction is the cure for bad character"

(Correction) in this case, means beating, using cane

If u like if u see little children around u or from your extended family, exhibiting bad character, don't correct them Õ,

That same thing, you fail to correct today will come tomorrow to deal with u

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by Kobojunkiee: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2022
Reggaemich:
this comment is very funny, grin U did not even say, u will pluck the bad fruit away "Correction is the cure for bad character" (Correction) in this case, means beating, using cane. If u like if u see little children around u or from your extended family, exhibiting bad character, don't correct them Õ,

That same thing, you fail to correct today will come tomorrow to deal with u
Violence isn't an effective method of correction. You can correct a person or an issue (the tree) without needing to resort to violence... undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by DontBullshitMe: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
To be fair you have no right to seize her phone nor hit her. She's your sibling not a punching bag.

Don't ridicule yourself. This life is chaotic enough. What concerns you with your sister's life choices?
Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by Preciousppearl(f): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
duro4chang:
Well,it may be like that. But many parents of nowadays do not bother to know where their children get money. They want the money so quickly. I got a story yesterday of a woman who came to report her husband in the church. According to her, her son built a house and told the father and mother to pack in. The mother was so excited but the man was trying to ask how the boy got the money. The man was suspecting the boy of doing internet fraud but mama was not bothered. She was angry with the husband.
just this morning I heard my manager telling someone on phone how he sent his 12yrs old son for yahoo spiritual cleansing, the reason he was calling the person was to confirm how to collect money the client promise to send. A boy of12 o. It's so sad what a lot of parents are turning their kids into because of money. I have decided to change the guy tho make e no b say he dae use something work with me.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by duro4chang(m): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2022
Preciousppearl:
just this morning I heard my manager telling someone on phone how he sent his 12yrs old son for yahoo spiritual cleansing, the reason he was calling the person was to confirm how to collect money the client promise to send. A boy of12 o. It's so sad what a lot of parents are turning their kids into because of money. I have decided to change the guy tho make e no b say he dae use something work with me.
That is the situation we find ourselves.
Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by frozen70(f): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
daboy18:
My little sister of 16 years came home with a iPhone 12 Pro max I asked her where did she get the phone from, she said it is her phone I asked her where did she get the money or who gave her the phone she said none of my business so I slapped her and seize her phone while I was waiting for my parents to come home. Only for my mum to cursed me so bad she told me I have no right to questions my sister about the phone and the day I will lay my hand on her again she will threw me out of the house my dad didn't say anything because he wear the wrapper my mum wear the trousers he just shooked his head and went inside the house. I am hurt by my mum words but I know one day i will make her happy and she will change her mind about me . did I do anything wrong for wanting to know where my sister who is a minor got the expensive phone from?

You did right to seize the phone but you shouldn't have slapped her

Your mum is taking sides with her and your dad has been in a helpless situation because of your mum

What you should do is to double your efforts and move on and stop watching your sister so that you wont receive curse from mum

One day the true picture will appear
Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by boxer022(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
My brother oh don't be discouraged by her insults. A day is coming when water will pass garri and she and your whole family will read the hand writing on the wall. Just continue correcting her. Sorry to say but your mum is a bad mum who supports evil.
Re: My Mum Insulted Me So Bad by NoToPile: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
16 years old lemme nor tok before they say I am old school.

ibechris:
Your mother is increasing the number of irresponsible children in Nigeria.

That phone is about #839,500 in the world market.

She should pray she does not amount to bigger problem that can't be tamed when she grows up.

Chai lots of parents have failed, which work is she doing?

Me I don't see anything wrong in flogging 16 yrs old oo if she needs brain resetting, but her problem has started from way back, it can't be corrected now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Can Conceive Like Women / A Parent's Worst Fear / Man Sacks Wife, Marries Woman With 7 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.