Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,553 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - (1620 Views)

Meet The Four (4) Biafra Fighter Who Are Yoruba - / David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - by Spandau: 1:40am On Sep 18, 2022
Grandmeister:

But you said the coup was only orchestrated by the Igbos? But Maj. Ademoyega was one of the guys that lead squadrons of soldiers to do the shootings. But you guys have wickedly removed their names from history and only mention nzeogwu. Very typical.

The question is why the Igbos didn't fulfill their own part of the operation. Why would they kill everyone and allow theirs to escape.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - by Grandmeister(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2022
Spandau:

The question is why the Igbos didn't fulfill their own part of the operation. Why would they kill everyone and allow theirs to escape.
What are you even saying? Where was nzeogwu’s base? Was it not in the north? If he was in the east, it is safe to say he would have started the operation from there. The military governor of the north, Hassan katsina was spared when he encountered nzeogwu’s men.

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27état

Some notable Igbo military men in the north and west were also killed. I am not absolving the coup plotters at all and I understand why it will be seen as an Igbo coup. My point is, a Yoruba major was involved in that coup (he. Even wrote a book on it later) northern military officers were also involved in the active shooting but somehow only nzeogwu’s name is mentioned every time.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - by ScamHunter: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2022
Grandmeister:

What are you even saying? Where was nzeogwu’s base? Was it not in the north? If he was in the east, it is safe to say he would have started the operation from there. The military governor of the north, Hassan katsina was spared when he encountered nzeogwu’s men.

Some notable Igbo military men in the north and west were also killed. I am not absolving the coup plotters at all and I understand why it will be seen as an Igbo coup. My point is, a Yoruba major was involved in that coup (he. Even wrote a book on it later) northern military officers were also involved in the active shooting but somehow only nzeogwu’s name is mentioned every time.
The reason is that Nigerians find unity if the adversary is Igbo.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - by seunmsg(m): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2022
PDPdestroyer:

Don't blame the Igbos. If there's anyone to blame, it's definitely the myopic and naive Yorubas always willing to go to any length for those who don't care about them, in the name of Southern brotherhood which is nothing but a ruse. It's the same thing happening yet again with some myopic and brainwashed Yoruba youths forming 'woke' on social media, castigating Tinubu with stellar records in public service in favour of a mediocre Obi with no standing legacy after 8years as governor of a relatively homogeneous state.
May every Yoruba working against the progress of Tinubu and the Yoruba nation end the way of Victor Banjo, maybe that will teach them that blood is actually thicker than water!!!

Nothing more to add. Some of us shall continue to do our best to open the eyes of our woke brothers. It’s a duty we owe to humanity and Yoruba race.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - by Spandau: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
Grandmeister:

He masterminded it. He was the leader. Period!
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - by Akanoaaa(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2022
AmehTsaev:

I've already addressed this misleading and poignant ignorance in my rebuttal above you already.

And once again to cure your ignorance, the largest and most successful Biafran campaign in the war was the ABAGANA AMBUSH and not your fairytale nonsense about Banjo's heroics in the Midwest (cause the events that played out in the Midwest campaign proves your assertions to be pure bullsh!t)

Google the Abagana Ambush led by the one and only Colonel Joe Achuzie (Hannibal of Biafra), and cure your stupidity. That was the ambush that headlined almost all media outlets and correspondents of both the BBC and American newspapers/TV for its devastatingly remarkable outcome.

Do I have to drag anything with you? You people are known for ingrate and victim mentality. So, keep you moonlight tale to yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Governors To Decamp To Labour Party Before December 2022 / Yoruba Are From Lineage Of Traitors And Cowards, Will Soon Be Landless”-kennena / BREAKING: Unknown Gunmen Kill Enugu Former Commissioner, Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.