Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website (859 Views)

I Built This Blog App Using Django - Please Give Feedbacks / Review My App I Built From Scratch / I Just Built This MLM Software...features Include Tree Structure For Three Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
I know the website is ugly .I probably need to take a design course. But just focus on the functionality even though it’s still fragile ( it actually breaks every now and then). Also the authentication token is stored in memory meaning if you refresh the page , you will be logged out. It is social media app like Facebook. Actually I copied the design from Facebook. These are the technologies involved:
1. Tailwind css
2.react
3.node and Express
4. Sequelize
Pls criticize constructively as I chop my eye while building this app. Thank you
Login details: Ebuka@gmail.com , Ebuka123@
Or better still you can register an account

https://luppi-react.herokuapp.com

1 Like

Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by HawkToBar(m): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
I know the website is ugly .I probably need to take a design course. But just focus on the functionality even though it’s still fragile ( it actually breaks every now and then). Also the authentic token is stored in memory meaning if you refresh the page , you will be logged out. It is social media app like Facebook. Actually I copied the design from Facebook. These are the technologies involved:
1. Tailwind css
2.react
3.node and Express
4. Sequelize
Pls criticize constructively as I chop my eye while building this app. Thank you

It's not that ugly. The UI is nice
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
HawkToBar:

It's not that ugly. The UI is nice

Thanks man
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by Karleb(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
For a website that is not live, the password criteria is too cumbersome. Fix that.

E remain make you ask for shark head and lion 's bane.
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by Tunechi5(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nice work.....why not store the token in your local storage storage to avoid logging a user out after refreshing
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Karleb:
For a website that is not live, the password criteria is too cumbersome. Fix that.

E remain make you ask for shark head and lion 's bane.

Lolz, no mind me ooo
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
Tunechi5:
Nice work.....why not store the token in your local storage storage to avoid logging a user out after refreshing

The app is hosted on heroku using free tier. Browsers don’t save cookies for apps on *.herokuapp.com. That’s why I am I am not using cookies
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by Karleb(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

The app is hosted on heroku using free tier. Browsers don’t save cookies for apps on *.herokuapp.com. That’s why I am I am not using cookies

Cookies and local storage are different.

You could store user token in session too and heroku allows that.

BTW, did you know heroku free tier is getting suspended soon.

1 Like

Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Karleb:

Cookies and local storage are different.

You could store user token in session too and heroku allows that.

BTW, did you know heroku free tier is getting suspended soon.

Yea I know. I will find alternative before then. About the using local storage, I never thought about using local storage to store the token. I will do just that.
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by rowosky(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2022
You are using style to phish
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
rowosky:
You are using style to phish

lolz. does this look exactly like facebook?

or did i ask you to register with your facebook account?
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by LikeAking: 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
I know the website is ugly .I probably need to take a design course. But just focus on the functionality even though it’s still fragile ( it actually breaks every now and then). Also the authentic token is stored in memory meaning if you refresh the page , you will be logged out. It is social media app like Facebook. Actually I copied the design from Facebook. These are the technologies involved:
1. Tailwind css
2.react
3.node and Express
4. Sequelize

Amazing
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
LikeAking:

Amazing

Thanks bro
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2022
Seems someone was following some twitter clone tutorial and then converted it to something else... grin.

Well... basic Ui

Main functionalities I think would have been a challenge...

site doesn't actually look alive... on hover on some elements nothing actually happens to tell u you're interacting with that specific element...

No page to handle a 404 When one is actually logged in.

once I intentional visited a nonexisting page ur site starts misbehaving or just crashed grin

Bad request here and there... meaning only ur react app running now and node have gone to sleep. grin

The title of your thread wasn't sarcastic as I've thought.... But genuinely valid... I concur with thee.

1 Like

Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Seems someone was following some twitter clone tutorial and then converted it to something else... grin.

Well... basic Ui

Main functionalities I think would have been a challenge...

site doesn't actually look alive... on hover on some elements nothing actually happens to tell u you're interacting with that specific element...

No page to handle a 404 When one is actually logged in.

once I intentional visited a nonexisting page ur site starts misbehaving or just crashed grin

Bad request here and there... meaning only ur react app running now and node have gone to sleep. grin

The title of your thread wasn't sarcastic as I've thought.... But genuinely valid... I concur with thee.

Ok thanks , I will add the 404 not found page on the backend. But I wasn’t following any tutorial not to talk of twitter tutorial. I believe the app doesn’t look like twitter. I started everything from scratch , from drawing the designs of the pages on paper while borrowing ideas from Facebook. And I believe the twitter tutorial you are talking about wasn’t built using a combination of tailwind, react, node and sequelize combined. Appreciate effort when you see one. Thank you all the same for taking out time to thorough test the app.
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Ok thanks , I will add the 404 not found page on the backend. But I wasn’t following any tutorial not to talk of twitter tutorial. I believe the app doesn’t look like twitter. I started everything from scratch , from drawing the designs of the pages on paper while borrowing ideas from Facebook. And I believe the twitter tutorial you are talking about wasn’t built using a combination of tailwind, react, node and sequelize combined. Appreciate effort when you see one. Thank you all the same for taking out time to thorough test the app.

U can't blame me for saying it looks like Twitter.

They're obviously many similarities...

And yes.... There's no shame in one building something after following a tutorial....

You'll obviously be learning from it.
Re: I Cant Believe I Built This Ugly Website by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

U can't blame me for saying it looks like Twitter.

They're obviously many similarities...

And yes.... There's no shame in one building something after following a tutorial....

You'll obviously be learning from it.

cool

(1) (Reply)

What Degree Is Best For Me? / Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? / Where Can I Buy Dialogic Card In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.