Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World (678 Views)

FRSC Updates Rules : See New Rules And Penalties Attached / Lagos State New Traffic Rules: Offences And Penalties / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by joyandfaith: 7:32am On Sep 19, 2022
I have not seen any country where punishment for one way driving is auctioning of vehicles and jail term. It is usually fine with or without withdrawal of driving licence for years or life.
Lagos traffic law is barbaric and oppressive. It is about revenue generation.

3 Likes

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Mynd44: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2022
Okay, it is babaric. Then dont drive against traffic.

It is revenue generation, if no one drives against traffic, they won't be able to.

Keep to the laws and you won't be here complaining.

Reminds me of when they said if you steal ballot box, you should be shot and people were shouting. You wan thief ballot box?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by TRADELYN: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2022
No time to check time. embarassed

1 Like

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Zonefree(m): 7:40am On Sep 19, 2022
Mynd44:

It is revenue generation, if no one drives against traffic, they won't be able to.

Reminds me of when they said if you steal ballot box, you should be shot and people were shouting. You wan thief ballot box?
Did it stop ballot snatching? Why was BVAS introduced then?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Dreal1247: 7:40am On Sep 19, 2022
The truth is that Nigerians have disobedience to law and order in their DNA. This is the country where it is very difficult to work as a law enforcement agent. Everybody wants to be obeyed. Don't you know who I am? We need stiffer penalties to instill obedience into our people and system.

3 Likes

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by iamwilliamsfx(m): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2022
But Nigeria army do use one way almost every time
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Doorlarss(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2022
ONEWAY IS MY BEST WAY If u have money just follow every oneway
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Perfectbeing(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2022
Dreal1247:
The truth is that Nigerians have disobedience to law and order in their DNA. This is the country where it is very difficult to work as a law enforcement agent. Everybody wants to be obeyed. Don't you know who I am? We need stiffer penalties to instill obedience into our people and system.
This is the same country where FG gave people a year to link their sims with their NIN and even kept shifting and shifting the deadline until some people even started mocking them that they don't know what they're doing.
Even one of my friend that already have NIN didn't link it with his sim and when I asked him why, his reply was , "I'm a Nigerian. We nor dey hear word."

When FG barred unlinked sims from making calls, the same Nigerians that were mocking FG for being clueless started criticising the FG for being too harsh.

Any serious Government that wants to work should disregard the rantings of an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Perfectbeing(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:
But Nigeria army do use one way almost every time
There's a video of Lagos police showing an army officer shege for disobeying Lagos traffic laws. Go and verify

1 Like

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by MasterJayJay: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2022
Perfectbeing:
There's a video of Lagos police showing an army officer shege for disobeying Lagos traffic laws. Go and verify

I don verify. Army killed the policeman. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/547041-soldiers-beat-police-officer-to-death-in-lagos.html
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Great2017: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Mynd44:

The laws are meant for the people and not the people for the laws.
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by BATified2023: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2022
joyandfaith:
I have not seen any country where punishment for one way driving is auctioning of vehicles and jail term. It is usually fine with or without withdrawal of driving licence for years or life.
Lagos traffic law is barbaric and oppressive. It is about revenue generation.
y not go to a state that it’s traffic laws are friendly?

Is it a must u stay in lagos?
Them use rope hold u for lagos?
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Bontafa: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2022
BATified2023:

Show me Bola

1 Like

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by BATified2023: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
Dreal1247:
God bless u

Just this morning in front of access bank,a private car parked where it is clearly written that “no parking “

The security went to meet him n this guy was arguing with them,the cso went to meet him n he still parked there

It led to argument n hold up n d man keep shouting do u know who I am,it took d intervention of a bank official to beg the man to take his car away

Just imagine when u park in a no parking zone n u still dey argue

If to say I B road safety officer or I get power I will make sure the car is seized for complete 5 months with 500k fine

If u were dere u self go vex

In d course of d argument which lasted for over 10 minutes this man no carry d car comot
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by joyandfaith: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
BATified2023:

Are u ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Bontafa: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
BATified2023:
God bless u

Just this morning in front of access bank,a private car parked where it is clearly written that “no parking “

The security went to meet him n this guy was arguing with them,the cso went to meet him n he still parked there

It led to argument n hold up n d man keep shouting do u know who I am,it took d intervention of a bank official to beg the man to take his car away

Just imagine when u park in a no parking zone n u still dey argue

If to say I B road safety officer or I get power I will make sure the car is seized for complete 5 months with 500k fine

If u were dere u self go vex

In d course of d argument which lasted for over 10 minutes this man no carry d car comot

APC with fake stories like lunatics building imaginations

Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by BATified2023: 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2022
Bontafa:

APC with fake stories like lunatics building imaginations
I am not surprised Peter obi fan is posting mad man picture

That is where Peter obi gets his advice from so it’s normal
Re: One Way Driving And Penalties Around The World by Bontafa: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
BATified2023:
I am not surprised Peter obi fan is posting mad man picture

That is where Peter obi gets his advice from so it’s normal

Orrrrrrrr

Get ready because soon shettima will you pillow to kpai Bola inside the room

(1) (Reply)

Wike Is Fighting For Justice, support him / It's In Osinbajo, Amaechi's Best Interest To Support Tinubu- Afegbua / So Shettima Was The Intended APC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.