Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

I Oversleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Oversleep (984 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Oversleep by pheesayor(m): 12:14am On Aug 19, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,
It's Pheesayor again and this time I need help. I'm in a helpless situation where I fall alseep unwillingly especially when I'm in class or reading my books. I'm a computer science student and I need to spend more time with my books. I must sleep for almost 12 hrs b4 I get myself.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!
Re: I Oversleep by TOLABABE1(f): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2007
I guess u've bn beating by tse tse fly,so guy see your doctor before it get out of hand.
Re: I Oversleep by TOLABABE1(f): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2007
I guess u've bn beating by tse tse fly,so guy see your doctor before it get out of hand.
Re: I Oversleep by PTBNaija(f): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2007
Get an alarm clock, coffee. . .and a bucket of ice. You'll stay awake.
Re: I Oversleep by yvy1(f): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2007
try red bull.
Re: I Oversleep by PTBNaija(f): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2007
Haha. . .I can't stand the taste or Red Bull. . .always have to dilute that stuff. But one thing is for sure, never ever drink it on an empty stomach lol. I promise that you will regret it. Ditto for coffee though.
Re: I Oversleep by pheesayor(m): 12:55am On Aug 22, 2007
whats the redbull stuff all about?
Re: I Oversleep by PTBNaija(f): 1:07am On Aug 22, 2007
Re: I Oversleep by debosky(m): 1:14am On Aug 22, 2007
red bull isn't a long term solution, abi you want the poor boy to spend all his money buying red bull everyday?

see a doctor to see whether you have a sleeping disorder or the tse tse fly disease, if there is nothing wrong there, then you need to mentally sit up. Maybe you've been relaxed for too long, but the world will pass u by if that kind of sleep habit continues.
Re: I Oversleep by yvy1(f): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2007
debosky:

red bull isn't a long term solution, abi you want the poor boy to spend all his money buying red bull everyday?

see a doctor to see whether you have a sleeping disorder or the tse tse fly disease, if there is nothing wrong there, then you need to mentally sit up. Maybe you've been relaxed for too long, but the world will pass u by if that kind of sleep habit continues.
Right. It's a temporary solution, 4x more caffeine than a teaspoonful of regular coffee. But I notice that the doctors in the house have answered pheesayor's question in another thread so all I can say is please get better asap.
Re: I Oversleep by sherocks: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
I am not sure that resorting to caffiene is a such a good idea because once you start, your body will become dependent on it.

You might need to go for a blood test in order to find out what the problem is. There are many possible reasons as to why you oversleep. Do you always feel tired ? You might be anaemic and need a blood test to prove this.

See a Dr to discuss it. Im sure you'll get to the bottom of it when you do.
Re: I Oversleep by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2007
hi all,
I'm also in this same bullshit pheesayor is in, my own case is, whenever i have nothing to do or i have to be in a fixed position, like reading,working on a workstation, watching TV, in a meeting e.t.c, i just doze off,
i dont really know if i can be helped, what i love most, is doing things that involve me walking around.

Can I still be helped?

(1) (Reply)

oh my gosh / How To Calculate A Circle / Help ! My Eczema Is Killing My Self Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.