Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report (1338 Views)

YIAGA Africa’s Report Validates Kogi Governorship Result / Lagos Ranks 133rd Among World’s Most Polluted Cities – IQAir / Accountant-general Idris Set To Wed 16yrs Old Girl As 4th Wife On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by totit: 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
tctrills:

I don't understand much of what you wrote but just so you know, before 1960, Lagos was already the richest city in Nigeria. Lagos gave Abuja almost 80 years gap. Also, Abuja does not have a seaport.
Lagos has many years gap over all other cities. Lagos is not the only state with a federal airport but it has the biggest by far. It also has the biggest and most developed seaport.
The fact that no country grows or develops through importation means nothing here. Businesses would grow in a city where they have easy access to imports and exports and Lagos is the only city in Nigeria that has such infrastructure.
So before the whites came the biggest civilizations in Nigeria were Benin, Kano, and Borno. Lagos is a product of post-European coming. It is a product of the entire Nigerian nation. Nigerians have invested more into Lagos than any other city even before Tinubu was born.

As much as I typed that in a hurry I am quite sure what I wrote was clear and straightforward.

Well, now, you seem to deviate and contradicted all of a sudden cos first, I was wondering how a normal person who claims kr seem to sound intelligent and learned base tbe economic growth of a country or state on that economy killer " Importation " WFT was that?

The bone of contention here is how far, so far with Lagos, how long does it take Lagos to develop into a city like you claimed developed doesn't necessarily mean the whole 80-year dooorh! And it's why I asked since the capital was moved to the north over 30 years ago what's going on when compared to Lagos in terms of development or must we wait for 100years for that to happen?

And when you guys talk about Seaport, Airport was that also a British invention, or must say the seaport is what makes Lagos develop if we have many in the country eg, South-south with airport /seaport as well?

Dude, before the British arrival we have Oyo civilization as you wrote in your early post and there was nothing like Lagos doorhh what is a tribe, Yoruba so what are you talking about? The Oyo civilization is the reflection of what Lagos is today. You can only give what you have dude.

And yes, you are wise to correct that mistake with " Importation' cos it adds no value to any economy, especially a developing country.

Hey, when we talk about Tinubu we talk about Lagos cos his blueprint is there.
Lagos wasn't the 4th largest economy before until now.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2022
So when will anamabra with over 5 million catch up to Accra or we should continue to shut our mouth like foolish Igbos do about Anambra while the state keep degenerating

tctrills:

Again we could compare Lagos a city of over 20 million people producing wealth worth $100 billion to Accra a city of 5 million people producing a wealth of $50 billion. We should do more in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2022
TrackerXL:
So what is the population of Cairo Anamabra n Adamawa why can't the two state compete with Cairo at all

That's not a very intelligent question. If we the Nigerian people invested in any other place as we have in Lagos, we would have similar results. The Entire people of Nigeria concentrated most of our investments and developments in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
totit:

As much as I typed that in a hurry I am quite sure what I wrote was clear and straightforward.

Well, now, you seem to deviate and contradicted all of a sudden cos first, I was wondering how a normal person who claims kr seem to sound intelligent and learned base tbe economic growth of a country or state on that economy killer " Importation " WFT was that?

The bone of contention here is how far, so far with Lagos, how long does it take Lagos to develop into a city like you claimed developed doesn't necessarily mean the whole 80-year dooorh! And it's why I asked since the capital was moved to the north over 30 years ago what's going on when compared to Lagos in terms of development or must we wait for 100years for that to happen?

And when you guys talk about Seaport, Airport was that also a British invention, or must say the seaport is what makes Lagos develop if we have many in the country eg, South-south with airport /seaport as well?

Dude, before the British arrival we have Oyo civilization as you wrote in your early post and there was nothing like Lagos doorhh what is a tribe, Yoruba so what are you talking about? The Oyo civilization is the reflection of what Lagos is today. You can only give what you have dude.

And yes, you are wise to correct that mistake with " Importation' cos it adds no value to any economy, especially a developing country.

Hey, when we talk about Tinubu we talk about Lagos cos his blueprint is there.
Lagos wasn't the 4th largest economy before until now.
Let me make things short and easy for you, Lagos has been top four richest cities in Africa for over 50 years. Please do your research if you don't know. If you think that Lagos became the 4th richest city in Africa this year then you have so much to learn and I don't know where to begin from. Just so you know, Lagos as a city is older than Cairo. you guys should learn some history.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by totit: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
tctrills:

Let me make things short and easy for you, Lagos has been top four richest cities in Africa for over 50 years. Please do your research if you don't know. If you think that Lagos became the 4th richest city in Africa this year then you have so much to learn and I don't know where to begin from.

And according to you via * IMPORTATION "

This was your quote ;

We made Lagos the import capital of Nigeria. We made Lagos the investment hub. The Lagos airport, the Federal government infrastructure, The corporate world investments. Lagos has over 100 years gap on most Nigerian cities.

The question is, what sustains the 4th position, who's in charge, yes, why has there been growth year in and year out? What is other down, eg, Abuja and some other states with fed structure?

You want to exclude the brain behind her sustainability?

In one breath you claimed it was " importation " in another breath, it's the British?

Lmaop grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2022
You Igbos give the most foolish response to questions especially out of bigotry. Did Nigeria already not directed all it resources to Abuja for over 30 years now how is that working out for Nigeria. Is Abuja among the cities listed here or as it overtaken Lagos.

I am sure if Nigeria concentrated it resources to a wretched state like Anambra it will do even worse unlike Abuja that is growing so when you argue please be logical rather than foolish, that only expose your Igbo bigotry which I won't be helping you with here today.

tctrills:

That's not a very intelligent question. If we the Nigerian people invested in any other place as we have in Lagos, we would have similar results. The Entire people of Nigeria concentrated most of our investments and developments in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by totit: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2022
TrackerXL:
You Igbos give the most foolish response to questions especially out of bigotry. Did Nigeria already not directed all it resources to Abuja for over 30 years now how is that working out for Nigeria. Is Abuja among the cities listed here or as it overtaken Lagos.

I am sure if Nigeria concentrated it resources to a wretched state like Anambra it will do even worse unlike Abuja that is growing so when you argue please be logical rather than foolish, that only expose your Igbo bigotry which I won't be helping you with here today.

Dude said " dem made Lagos economy BIG with their * IMPORTATION and yet still claim Nah British , and them deviated and said, na because Lagos get Seaport as if na only Lagos get seaport.

Lwd grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
WOW ! Bigotry as ruined the lives of many miserable igbos I swear.

The same Cairo of Egypt that brought about the Renaissance is what a Lagos that was created by the British a fortnight ago is now older than.

This is how endemic bigotry n chronic hate by igbos as ruined the lives of their youths. It is what you are witnessing live on NL.

How a tribe can be full of envy n hate. Should every Nigerian not be happy one of our state even made the list ? Nigeria indeed need this terrible set of humans to have their Biafra.

tctrills:

Let me make things short and easy for you, Lagos has been top four richest cities in Africa for over 50 years. Please do your research if you don't know. If you think that Lagos became the 4th richest city in Africa this year then you have so much to learn and I don't know where to begin from. Just so you know, Lagos as a city is older than Cairo. you guys should learn some history.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2022
TrackerXL:
WOW ! Bigotry as ruined the lives of many miserable igbos I swear.

The same Cairo of Egypt that brought about the Renaissance is what a Lagos that was created by the British a fortnight ago is now older than.

This is how endemic bigotry n chronic hate by igbos as ruined the lives of their youths. It is what you are witnessing live on NL.

How a tribe can be full of envy n hate. Should every Nigerian not be happy one of our state even made the list ? Nigeria indeed need this terrible set of humans to have their Biafra.

The Igbo's have no reason to be envious of our property. We are major stake holders in Lagos. How can you be Jealous of what you own.
Now for your education, Lagos was founded by the Portuguese not the British. It was founded in the Fifteenth century.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
Moh247:
cool

What of Anambra and Adamawa

What of Osun?
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2022
TrackerXL:

Igos see Lagos and Abuja as ours so we can't be bigots when responding to issues like this. I own a property in Lagos, do you? I am a stakeholder. But then I traveled. I understand what a great city is. When I criticize Lagos, I am criticizing the Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa, and other stakeholders of Lagos so don't take it personally. I am probably more invested in Lagos than you would ever be.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by BloomingDale(f): 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
How I wish Lagos state government can reduce all the touts and agberos. Make Lagos more expensive so the poor can jappa, leaving just a few poor, the middle and upper class. It will make Lagos more livable. Right now every tom, dick and Harry is moving to Lagos
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2022
I own malls in anamabra n also own estate in Abia so you see why pathetic Igbos like you should worry more about your Igbo state because like it or not Lagos will always take care of itself

Just imagine an home owner talking rubbish like you do. If we ask you for prove now you start acting like a lunatic.

tctrills:

Igos see Lagos and Abuja as ours so we can't be bigots when responding to issues like this. I own a property in Lagos, do you? I am a stakeholder. But then I traveled. I understand what a great city is. When I criticize Lagos, I am criticizing the Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa, and other stakeholders of Lagos so don't take it personally. I am probably more invested in Lagos than you would ever be.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
TrackerXL:
I own malls in anamabra n also own estate in Abia so you see why pathetic Igbos like you should worry more about your Igbo state because like it or not Lagos will always take care of itself

Just imagine an home owner talking rubbish like you do. If we ask you for prove now you start acting like a lunatic.

You can own whatever you like. Lagos is as much an Igbo state as Anambra. It probably has more Igbo population and defiantly has more Igbo investment than any other state. So use all the abusive words in your tribalistic dictionary but you really can change nothing.
I got my property in Lagos just 7 years after NYSC. I have done business in every single SW state. I can bet that I know the SW much more than you do. Several Igbo boys that came to Lagos with nothing are today buying lands on the Island. My advice to you is to forget your unproductive tribalism and get serious about life.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
TrackerXL:

There are actually Igbo who own malls, businesses, and property all over the SW but you don't have any reasonable number of Yorubas doing well in the east so We see the SW as our football field. It's a very important region to us. So we don't have the luxury to be hateful like you. I wish you well so that you would have the money to keep buying from my shop.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 1:38am On Sep 21, 2022
It's amusing when igbos nurtured with endemic bigotry and chronic hate start lecturing about tribalism.

A fool can open open to claim he owns Eiffel tower or even the stature of liberty. You shouldn't have waited after nysc to have your first property in Lagos, you should have acquired from your the womb of your tribalistic bigoted hate filled mother.

tctrills:
You can own whatever you like. Lagos is as much an Igbo state as Anambra. It probably has more Igbo population and defiantly has more Igbo investment than any other state. So use all the abusive words in your tribalistic dictionary but you really can change nothing.
I got my property in Lagos just 7 years after NYSC. I have done business in every single SW state. I can bet that I know the SW much more than you do. Several Igbo boys that came to Lagos with nothing are today buying lands on the Island. My advice to you is to forget your unproductive tribalism and get serious about life.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by Quintopia: 1:51am On Sep 21, 2022
Moh247:

Lol

You people are funny... Lagos vs Cairo?

Egyptian civilisation VS Yoruba civilisation

Abeg don't compare Lagos to Cairo

We have managed the little resources, and built Infrastructure for the use of the entire Nigerians

IGNORAMUS.

EGYPTIAN CIVILIZATION IS YORUBA CIVILIZATION.

THE PRESENT ARAB OCCUPIERS OF EGYPT ARE DESCENDED FROM INVADERS OF EGYPT, WHILE THE YORUBA HAVE PROVEN ANCIENT LINKS TO THE NILE VALLEY CIVILIZATIONS OF EGYPT AND NUBIA.

Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2022
TrackerXL:
It's amusing when igbos nurtured with endemic bigotry and chronic hate start lecturing about tribalism.

A fool can open open to claim he owns Eiffel tower or even the stature of liberty. You shouldn't have waited after nysc to have your first property in Lagos, you should have acquired from your the womb of your tribalistic bigoted hate filled mother.

Oga this was yesterday's topic. No so the thing dey your body.
Please find another topic to discuss today. Like I said I can't hate you. I wish you well so you can keep buying from my shop.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
Says an Igbo clown nurtured from his bigoted mother's womb with endemic bigotry n chronic hate.

tctrills:

Oga this was yesterday's topic. No so the thing dey your body.
Please find another topic to discuss today. Like I said I can't hate you. I wish you well so you can keep buying from my shop.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by walefresh3(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
TrackerXL:
Says an Igbo clown nurtured from his bigoted mother's womb with endemic bigotry n chronic hate.

Finishing
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
TrackerXL:

My boy, I don't have the luxury of being hateful. I see you as my customer. I trade in the SW' so I don't wish bad to any of my customers. You guys have been very good to my market. So if you felt I was going to insult you for your tribalism, I don't see it that way. When I look at you, I see more money in my pocket.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by Christistruth00: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
BATified2023:
we no see their face

No wonder igbos wan kolobi lagos

Igbos are Traders

and Traders love high Cash flows areas

It keeps their boats and businesses Sailing

Yorubas didn’t name Oba of Lagos ‘Olowo Eko”(The Rich Owner Of Lagos)

for Nothing

Lagos was where Titanic Wealth was at
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by TrackerXL: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
Glad your wretched soul escape poverty from your wretched cursed land. Anyway, Yorubas have always being accommodating refugees from Igboland from time memorial so you are welcome to come slave your soul away.

There is certainly enough crumbs here for the refugees Ekedilichukwu Chisco ABC Ekesons Ifesinachi GUO GIG n others will bring from Alaigbo today. Keep it up n keep.

tctrills:
My boy, I don't have the luxury of being hateful. I see you as my customer. I trade in the SW' so I don't wish bad to any of my customers. You guys have been very good to my market. So if you felt I was going to insult you for your tribalism, I don't see it that way. When I look at you, I see more money in my pocket.
Re: Lagos Ranks As 4th Wealthiest City In Africa – Report by tctrills: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
TrackerXL:
Glad your wretched soul escape poverty from your wretched cursed land. Anyway, Yorubas have always being accommodating refugees from Igboland from time memorial so you are welcome to come slave your soul away.

There is certainly enough crumbs here for the refugees Ekedilichukwu Chisco ABC Ekesons Ifesinachi GUO GIG n others will bring from Alaigbo today. Keep it up n keep.

No problem, remain at peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deputy Governor’s Son Femi Hamzat, Didn't Joins The Obidient Rally / I Won’t Condemn ESN Over Violent Attacks In South-east -Peter Obi / Peter Obi Has Become A Household Name In The North - Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.