Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

How To Prepare Properly For JAMB UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare Properly For JAMB UTME (213 Views)

How Many Days Does It Take For JAMB Result To Be Out 2024? / How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High / 10 Tips To Score High In 2018 JAMB UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Properly For JAMB UTME by OwoukoUrua(m): 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2022
1) Start early
2) Study Exhaustively Using JAMB UTME Syllabus, Recommended Textbooks, and Credible Past Questions
3) Leverage on the Internet
4) Make proper/effective use of past questions

•When To Start
START EARLY.
*For those already done with secondary school, I'll recommend 6 months (4 months of extensive reading, and 2 months revision/practicing of past questions)
*For those still in secondary school, I'll recommend you start preparing for UTME immediately you start SS2.

A lot of people ask me when I started preparing for UTME and when I tell them, they're like "wow! Won't I forget most of what I learnt if I start that early?".
Well, here are some benefits of starting early:
°Less tension
°More time for detailed study
°Confidence booster

•What To Study
Four tools that are essential for proper preparation for UTME are:
*UTME Syllabus - It's quite sad that many Jambites don't know that there is a syllabus to guide them on what to study for the examination, and not all who know actually use it.
*Textbooks - For each UTME subject, there are textbooks recommended by JAMB and individuals.
*The Internet - There are topics you'll find in the syllabus that you won't see in your textbook(s), this is were the internet (Google, Wikipedia, etc.) comes in. You can also use the internet to connect with other Jambites in form of study groups.
Sites like Myschool serve as a source of past questions and answers.
*Past Questions - Past questions help you to know how prepared you are for the examination, how the exam questions are structured, and the topics from which questions are commonly drawn.
However, when using past questions, it is important that the answers provided are correct. For this, I recommend Myschool.

•How To Study
This depends mostly on individual preference, and on the amount of time you have to prepare.
For instance, you could choose to study a subject at a time, or all the subjects concurrently, taking a topic at a time. You could choose to make notes, highlight your texts, or only take mental notes.
If you however find it difficult to study on your own, please do well to sign up for tutorials from reputable tutors.

•How To Use Past Questions Effectively
Many students make the mistake of cramming/trying to cram past questions and their answers. Some study past questions instead of their textbooks.
Past questions are meant to be used for revision, practice, and self-evaluation (I e. after you might have finished studying your textbooks).
*It is important to note that not all answers provided for the past questions are correct. If you feel that the answer provided for a particular question is wrong, do well to find the correct answer.

•••Set A Target•••
Lastly, it is important that you have a target. Aim for a high (but reasonable) score, as the higher your score, the higher your chances of gaining admission into your preferred course/institution.

©Owouko Urua
©No Limits

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS TO CONFLICT IN THE CLASSROOM / The Free Education Era In Nigeria / BREAKING: ASUU Conditionally Suspends It’s 8 Months Old Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.