Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? (3199 Views)

Is Samsung's 8K TV, Q800t (2020) Worth 2.5 Million Naira?! / Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date / Samsung Galaxy S9: Specs, Features, Price And Release Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by famep(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2022
Thinking About getting a new phone and i was wondering if samsung s9 is still good?
i play online games like Codm, Apex and Pubg.
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by MatrixReloaded: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
Galaxy A23 and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Okporiaku: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2022
Even though it is Android 8 or so

It is still faster than those infinix and tecno

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by bamdly(m): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
famep:
Thinking About getting a new phone and i was wondering if samsung s9 is still good?
please buy 4 me let me test it and when I am done testing it i will now advise you to also buy for yourself

1 Like

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Incredible128: 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2022
w
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Incredible128: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2022
I would say, If not for, maybe software and other little issues e.g like battery, some of those old phones would still be better even in 2025 as phones haven't really changed much and most of those old phones have stronger processors and camera hardware than some lower end and some proper midrangers would have even in 2025 lol grin grin. Except of course u're going for an equally high end or upper midrange of a current year

10 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Lerio(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2022
Totally
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by shogotermies(m): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2022
S9 is worth it in 2022 bro.
S9 is a flagship phone you can get at the price of a budget phone.
It gives room for one or two android update which can still make you do more.
The camera quality outshines those of the budget phones that are in the same price range due to Dollar increase.
The snapdragon or exynos processor can't be compared to mediatek processors, because oga na master.
You have a decent android experience as compared to thoses that bombard you with ads on every little thing.
You have a very good display compared to the budget phone of the same price, s9 surpasses 400nits in brightness I think.
Build quality- Great
Display- Great
Camera- Great
Performance- Great
Battery- Good

Alot of things make it good for 2022, but the two things I want you to consider are
1. The ability to resale at a valuable price after usage
2. The performance you will enjoy afterwards.

Although we all know repairing a Samsung screen is crazily expensive, but the rest about Samsung are as sweet as honey.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by SouthSouth1914: 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
shogotermies:
The camera quality outshines those of the budget phones that are in the same price range due to Dollar increase.
The snapdragon or exynos processor can't be compared to mediatek processors, because oga na master.
You have a decent android experience as compared to thoses that bombard you with ads on every little thing.
You have a very good display compared to the budget phone of the same price, s9 surpasses 400nits in brightness I think.
Build quality- Great
Display- Great
Camera- Great
Performance- Great
Battery- Good

Alot of things make it good for 2022, but the two things I want you to consider are

Although we all know repairing a Samsung screen is crazily expensive, but the rest about Samsung are as sweet as honey.

True! The iPhone 4, 6, and X are true definition of your comment.
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by phemmyfour: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2022
famep:
If it's not 5G.... don't buy

3 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by TeflonBlixx: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2022
It's still worth it bro.

Better processor than most midrange phones you'll find out there. Buy the Snapdragon version and you're gucci.

The three downsides are

1. Battery life!1!1! Disgraceful battery life, walahi. So if you're thinking of playing high end games, get a power bank too lo

2. Android version limitation. The software update stopped at 10 so if that isn't much of an issue....

3. Costly Screen

If the three issues above can be overlooked, then you're set. I'll personally recommend the note 10 plus.

4 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Foodie1(m): 10:44am On Sep 21, 2022
I use the Samsung S7 edge last year, it still served me well until it goy stolen,now I'm currently using the Samsung A50 it's performing well too.
So it's still worth it.
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Slimdan360: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
TeflonBlixx:
It's still worth it bro.

Better processor than most midrange phones you'll find out there. Buy the Snapdragon version and you're gucci.

The three downsides are

1. Battery life!1!1! Disgraceful battery life, walahi. So if you're thinking of playing high end games, get a power bank too lo

2. Android version limitation. The software update stopped at 10 so if that isn't much of an issue....

3. Costly Screen

If the three issues above can be overlooked, then you're set. I'll personally recommend the note 10 plus.
The camera is also poor
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Inali: 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2022
famep:
what's your budget first
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Inali: 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
shogotermies:
Build quality- Great
Display- Great
Camera- Great
Performance- Great
Battery- Good

flagship I'm what sense?
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by shogotermies(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
Inali:
flagship I'm what sense?

I know of three phone categories, namely;
Budget phones (BP)
Mid-range phones (MP)
Flagship phones (FP)
BP- is targeted for the common man, very affordable and quality is a 2.5 of 5 stars. Most tecno, infinix, and itel are the main phones here.
MP- Targeted for the well to do common man, not so affordable, and quality is a 3.5 of 5 stars. Samsung and redmi are battling with infinix, tecno and itel in this category.
For the win, most high end tecno and infinix mobile are in this category.
FP- Targeted for the well to do, rich and those ready to spend over 750 USD on mobile phone. Samsung, Google, and apple devices are the major in this league.
FP has 6 major boxes they must fill.
Build quality- they're usually, glass back (Gorrila glass back) and aluminum frame. Compared to the plastic frame and back in MP and BP.
Camera- sharp, stable, high definition, proper detailing of images all of these are expecting in FP, which are not so missing in MP but a big miss in BP.
Performance- FP must have a very great performance, at least you should be able to run a 500mb app, with no worries.
Display-
Battery-
Extras- This includes wireless charging, waterproof, reverse wireless charging, nfc, etc

3 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Inali: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
shogotermies:

I know of three phone categories, namely;
Budget phones (BP)
Mid-range phones (MP)
Flagship phones (FP)
BP- is targeted for the common man, very affordable and quality is a 2.5 of 5 stars. Most tecno, infinix, and itel are the main phones here.
MP- Targeted for the well to do common man, not so affordable, and quality is a 3.5 of 5 stars. Samsung and redmi are battling with infinix, tecno and itel in this category.
For the win, most high end tecno and infinix mobile are in this category.
FP- Targeted for the well to do, rich and those ready to spend over 750 USD on mobile phone. Samsung, Google, and apple devices are the major in this league.
FP has 6 major boxes they must fill.
Build quality- they're usually, glass back (Gorrila glass back) and aluminum frame. Compared to the plastic frame and back in MP and BP.
Camera- sharp, stable, high definition, proper detailing of images all of these are expecting in FP, which are not so missing in MP but a big miss in BP.
Performance- FP must have a very great performance, at least you should be able to run a 500mb app, with no worries.
Display-
Battery-
Extras- This includes wireless charging, waterproof, reverse wireless charging, nfc, etc
so with your analogy, Is the Samsung S9 a flagship?
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by shogotermies(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
[quote author=Inali post=117003577]so with your analogy, Is the Samsung S9 a flagship?[/quote

Yes, it was a flagship device for the year 2019 or 18, I can't remember.
Meaning, it was among the powerful phones for that year.
Meaning for that year, the specs were high end.

5 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by TeflonBlixx: 1:13am On Sep 26, 2022
Slimdan360:

The camera is also poor

Not true
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Cyril009(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
famep:

hey,have you already gotten the Samsung if not get a pixel 3 or 3 XL they have the same chipset sd 845 and they run on A12 to A10 on the s9
my 2 cents though
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Inali: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
[quote author=shogotermies post=117009765][/quote]nope, it wasn't
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by donbenie(m): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
shogotermies:
Build quality- Great
Display- Great
Camera- Great
Performance- Great
Battery- Good

So,according to you,the Snapdragon 845 Chipset on the S9..
Is better than Mediatek's Dimensity 9100?
Lol. grin
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by Deicide: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
It's not worth it get the S9± cause it has 6Gb ram unlike the S9 that just have 4Gb.
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by shogotermies(m): 12:11am On Oct 04, 2022
donbenie:
Lol. grin

According to me, I referred to the budget phones in this comment.
Budget phones will use budget mediatek processors,
High end infinix and tecno, will use high end mediatek processors.
Then you can now compare the high-end processors of snapdragon with mediatek high-end processors let's see.

1 Like

Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by shogotermies(m): 12:13am On Oct 04, 2022
donbenie:
Lol. grin

Lastly remove that image, I clearly know that you are insulting me, but I'd love you take it down.
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by donbenie(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by sawalseufrit198: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is one of the most popular mobile phones in Nigeria. From its stunning Infinity Display to its advanced camera system, the Galaxy S9 Plus offers a great package of features and performance at an affordable price. Here you will find an overview of its specs, features and performance, as well as some tips on how to make the most of your phone. For all the information you need about the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, visit thecriticsvoice_000_pe/2023/06/09/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerian-mobile-phones/ today..

Here you will find an overview of its specs, features and performance, as well as some tips on how to make the most of your phone. For all the information you need about the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, visit thecriticsvoice_000_pe/2023/06/09/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerian-mobile-phones/ today..

For all the information you need about the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, visit thecriticsvoice_000_pe/2023/06/09/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerian-mobile-phones/ today..
Re: Is Samsung Galaxy S9 Worth It In 2022? by soganpofat1986: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the most popular mobile phones in Nigeria. With its sleek design, powerful processor, and top of the line specifications, the Samsung Galaxy S9 is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-end phone.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and 4GB of RAM, making it one of the most powerful phones on the market. The S9 has 64GB of internal storage and is expandable up to 400GB via a microSD card. The rear camera has a variable aperture of f/1.5-2.4 which allows you to take better low-light photos.

It has a 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels, making it one of the most vibrant displays on the market.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with a 12MP rear camera and an 8MP front-facing camera. The camera also has dual-pixel autofocus and optical image stabilization which helps you take blur-free photos.

One of the best features of the Samsung Galaxy S9 is its battery life. The S9 also has fast charging technology which allows you to charge up your phone quickly.

The S9 also has a dual-tone LED flash which helps to brighten up your photos. It has a 3000mAh battery which provides you with up to 15 hours of usage time.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the best phones on the market and is a great choice for anyone looking for a powerful and stylish phone.

The S9 also has fast charging technology which allows you to charge up your phone quickly. To find out more about the Samsung Galaxy S9 and to compare prices in Nigeria, read our article at opinionspotlight_000_pe/2023/06/09/samsung-galaxy-s9-mobile-phones-review-find-the-best-prices-in-nigeria/..

To find out more about the Samsung Galaxy S9 and to compare prices in Nigeria, read our article at opinionspotlight_000_pe/2023/06/09/samsung-galaxy-s9-mobile-phones-review-find-the-best-prices-in-nigeria/..

(1) (Reply)

The Largest Oem Manufacturer Of Mobile Phone In China! / Have You Realy Won A Promo In Nigeria / Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.