Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,607 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

I Now Understand What Life Means - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Now Understand What Life Means (3122 Views)

Npower: What Payment ID Pay/08/11/202100000001 Means / What Is The Best Means To Join The Nigerian Police As Graduate? / What Life Skills Are Not Taught In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by ClassicMan202(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
CaveAdullam:

But how can one sustain till learning a skill? Except you don't have anyone to sustain you at all as you are learning a skill, then look for a job, but you must create a time to learn that skill because that's your only means of ascendancy except you are no longer ambitious and lose touch with your goal.

Some people work 7am-7pm, Mondays to Saturdays, for chicken change.... No single time for personal development, then after 30years, they retire and the company will give dem a mug with their picture on it
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by photon3106: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
ClassicMan202:

Some people work 7am-7pm, Mondays to Saturdays, for chicken change.... No single time for personal development, then after 30years, they retire and the company will give dem a mug with their picture on it

HMMMN! THIS IS APT!

Sometimes, people end up doing certain work for the rest of their lives even though that work was initially intended for a short time sustenance.

At first, it would all seem like a regular cycle for a means to an end.

They soon realize how difficult it is to break the cycle. "Next year i will stop this work and move on... Oh no! Just one more year... Gosh! Who's gonna pay the bills?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by Lawl(m): 12:54am On Sep 22, 2022
Serial48:
I''m' not 'am'
... What's the difference
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by Threesha(f): 1:14am On Sep 22, 2022
dollyj1996:
In my entire life, I don't think I have felt this depress as I am presently. Life hasn't been funny at the fact that I don't have physical job since I passed out in April this year. Over four months of been in my parent's house and all my online hustle has generated what I have been sustaining me and I have been to save a substantial amount of the revenue but the feeling living with my dad and stepmom is another thing to deal with. Am an Accounting graduate (B.Sc). I have dropped C.V on different online platforms and reside in Abeokuta. Please I don't know why am seriously depressed and my emotional state isn't balance. I hope someone will come to my aid and support me with physical job or advise that can better my hustle. Thanks
Google farms in ABK, start from there
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:52am On Sep 22, 2022
dollyj1996:
In my entire life, I don't think I have felt this depress as I am presently. Life hasn't been funny at the fact that I don't have physical job since I passed out in April this year. Over four months of been in my parent's house and all my online hustle has generated what I have been sustaining me and I have been to save a substantial amount of the revenue but the feeling living with my dad and stepmom is another thing to deal with. Am an Accounting graduate (B.Sc). I have dropped C.V on different online platforms and reside in Abeokuta. Please I don't know why am seriously depressed and my emotional state isn't balance. I hope someone will come to my aid and support me with physical job or advise that can better my hustle. Thanks
Find a teaching job to do bro . Your location too has limited opportunities, you can relocate too.
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:57am On Sep 22, 2022
Nwaotu10:

Me na even 6 years now. The dude is funny, honestly grin grin
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by NozinoGroup: 3:12am On Sep 22, 2022
Nr be competition of who suffer pass na
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by sageb: 6:26am On Sep 22, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. The educational system operating in the world today is for political gains. The government is building many universities and creating many courses of study not because they want to help the masses but to create a system that can accommodate everyone, including the poor just to siphon their money.

2. That's why after graduation students are void of any knowledge or skills that are applicable in reality.

3. School ought to be the place to gain the "4 years, 5 years, 6 years experience" employers and organizations of labor ask for, however, those years are wasted learning almost nothing about their respective work fields.

These employers or organizations still train their employees for 6months or more to make them acclimatized to the workplace. So, if it takes employers to train hands for the job for about 6 months - 2 years, why do they waste their undergraduate years studying what's not necessary?

4. Some will "say school is not supposed to provide you a job, think out of the box". As true as that statement may sound, it simply shows how the educational system is so porous that one can't even come up easily with an innovative, scientific, or economic idea in a short time after leaving the university to help create a source of livelihood for themselves.

5. The essence of University education is to provide what's necessary and can be effectively used in the world. The curriculum of most courses of study is vapid, except for STEM fields, however, which still involves maneuvering your way around it.

6. The shock always comes after graduation, especially for those in the third world and developing nations. The reality sets in and like the eureka moment: you just discovered that you wasted fruitful years exchanging time for what's not profitable. In developed nations, the shock is easily absorbed and the poor curriculum of academics oblivious to the masses because the economy is prospering.

7. The system is rigged, the best is to sit down and maneuver ways to play the game too to your advantage.

8. You play the game too by learning skills that are valuable, long-term, and proficient.

It is not easy learning a new thing after you have dedicated fruitful years to learning illusions, it is painful and stressful, coupled with the uncertainties of life. But this is what playing the game involves - going back to the base, the square one, with good strategy and movement towards the goal.

9. This may seem like ridiculous advice: if you are jobless, don't look for a job, learn a valuable skill.

But how can one sustain till learning a skill? Except you don't have anyone to sustain you at all as you are learning a skill, then look for a job, but you must create a time to learn that skill because that's your only means of ascendancy except you are no longer ambitious and lose touch with your goal.

10. There is 50% free information online to kick-start you, you must put in the work and dedicate time, and you'll have a higher chance of success. Even success can't be guaranteed.

Thanks.

You understand the clime very well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by oamenimonin: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2022
I laugh at your comments, just month (3) you are having depression na 2013 I graduate and service 2014 no job now.na phone repair and accessories I dey do y trusting God for open doors
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by dollyj1996(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2022
Sucre6:
Baba drop your kpali and go do menial jobs, while hoping and praying for better days, also learn physical skills that people could use your service on a regular basis

Never give up, because that's not even an option, don't just sit there and complain, the system is rigged by the rich for the rich, but breaking through the system is a must, never give up hope cool
thanks brother. I do follow my sister's husband to his workplace, he is into borehole drilling but the work is not steady.
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by dollyj1996(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2022
matman34:

pls which online hustle. Kindly link me up
freelancing (Fiverr) web designing, synthetic trading and foreign task project.
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by dollyj1996(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2022
abumeinben:

This is not life, just a phase in your experience. A lot of people here went through am. Calm down. E go pass.

Like someone suggested, learn something...mechanic, woodwork, barbing....you know where you're going, how to get there shouldn't be the issue.
yeàh thanks for your suggestions. I learnt computer engineering before gaining admission into the varsity. The work is not has lucrative as before but presently am into borehole drilling but my fear is still this uncertainty with borehole business.
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by abumeinben(m): 8:25am On Sep 26, 2022
dollyj1996:
yeàh thanks for your suggestions. I learnt computer engineering before gaining admission into the varsity. The work is not has lucrative as before but presently am into borehole drilling but my fear is still this uncertainty with borehole business.

You would need lots of machinery do borehole business. Learn something you can be called on immediately... mechanic, barbing, computer/phone repairs, ....
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by Nwaotu10(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2022
Boss, try to calm down.
This is my 6th-year post-NYSC, and I have no job.
video editing is currently sustaining me, while I keep jostling aggressively to augment. grin grin
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by babington91(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2022
dollyj1996:

Baba, drop pali for house and hustle like a drop out. Along the line, good job could fall in. I graduated 2015, served 2016. No job, startedearning tiling July 2021, and few months now I will be done. Thou, it ain't easy. But, hustling is the koko. And as regards still living in your father's house, it's not a crime my brother
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by Zanzibar1: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2022
oamenimonin:
I laugh at your comments, just month (3) you are having depression na 2013 I graduate and service 2014 no job now.na phone repair and accessories I dey do y trusting God for open doors
God go do am. Never stop applying
Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by virginboy1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. The educational system operating in the world today is for political gains. The government is building many universities and creating many courses of study not because they want to help the masses but to create a system that can accommodate everyone, including the poor just to siphon their money.

2. That's why after graduation students are void of any knowledge or skills that are applicable in reality.

3. School ought to be the place to gain the "4 years, 5 years, 6 years experience" employers and organizations of labor ask for, however, those years are wasted learning almost nothing about their respective work fields.

These employers or organizations still train their employees for 6months or more to make them acclimatized to the workplace. So, if it takes employers to train hands for the job for about 6 months - 2 years, why do they waste their undergraduate years studying what's not necessary?

4. Some will "say school is not supposed to provide you a job, think out of the box". As true as that statement may sound, it simply shows how the educational system is so porous that one can't even come up easily with an innovative, scientific, or economic idea in a short time after leaving the university to help create a source of livelihood for themselves.

5. The essence of University education is to provide what's necessary and can be effectively used in the world. The curriculum of most courses of study is vapid, except for STEM fields, however, which still involves maneuvering your way around it.

6. The shock always comes after graduation, especially for those in the third world and developing nations. The reality sets in and like the eureka moment: you just discovered that you wasted fruitful years exchanging time for what's not profitable. In developed nations, the shock is easily absorbed and the poor curriculum of academics oblivious to the masses because the economy is prospering.

7. The system is rigged, the best is to sit down and maneuver ways to play the game too to your advantage.

8. You play the game too by learning skills that are valuable, long-term, and proficient.

It is not easy learning a new thing after you have dedicated fruitful years to learning illusions, it is painful and stressful, coupled with the uncertainties of life. But this is what playing the game involves - going back to the base, the square one, with good strategy and movement towards the goal.

9. This may seem like ridiculous advice: if you are jobless, don't look for a job, learn a valuable skill.

10. There is 50% free information online to kick-start you, you must put in the work and dedicate time, and you'll have a higher chance of success. Even success can't be guaranteed.

Thanks.

Number 9, very important. Thanks for always sharing...You are a great guy

1 Like

Re: I Now Understand What Life Means by CaveAdullam: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2022
virginboy1:

Number 9, very important. Thanks for always sharing...You are a great guy

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate it. Promise to improve and do better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mansfield Energy Nigeria Limited / Invitation To Graduate Reqruitment, Training And Selection Fair (fcmb)? / Diamond Bank Test For 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.