Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,809 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time (26656 Views)

Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? / Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) / Huge Crocodile Killed In Umunze, Anambra & Taken Home On A Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by FuckDModz: 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
grin

See this one coconut head
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Afamed: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2022
When Asiwaju told them about Agbado and Cassava economy, the children of low knowledge went on rampage. Ask the children of frustration, where did they get Abacha from?
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by TUANKU(m): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Na wa o. All nairaland men look the same.

By the way, we from Abia make the best abacha cos it originated from our place and we call it Ncha.

It is best served with azu iwuwu, ukpaka and those tiny garden eggs.

Our traditional marriage is not complete without this delicacy. In fact, it's the first thing that's served before main meals.
I'm not Igbo but i agree with you having lived in Umuahia for 8 months. Wish i could find such here in Abuja, the one i get here at GSM village is just okay but not as good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by BigCowHornn: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
Yeah, prepared well it is so notorious and delicious we eat it every afternoon in the east.

It's just like Ofe Owerri and ofe Ukazi... to get the ingredents complete and the best cooks you gotta go to the South-East.
Here in Lagos they never get it right. Even if the woman knows how to cook them the ingredients are not all in the market here.

All these foods are igbo delicacies.
Prepared correctly they are so expensive.
There is an anxion that goes...... He who isn't rich doesn't eat Ofe Owerri.

You won't understand until you travel and hear the price of the original Ofe Owerri in Imo state.
Na you go run go manage Egusi soup. After all soup na soup grin grin grin

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by AyakaDunukofia: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2022
Corridon:
Where in Umunze did you tasted it?
The falling standard of education in Nigeria can be felt in every corner.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by moshino(m): 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2022
Corridon:
Where in Umunze did you tasted it?

Please from now onwards, speak/write only in 'broken', I beg you.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
emmabest2000:

Don't let Enugu people see this your post grin

Abacha ndi Enugu is overhyped.
It's usually dry, and they put ogiri in theirs.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Ulunne777(f): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
@Blessedmercy8 grin grin grin
With their”isi sit Igwe" grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by BigDawsNet: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
Chijeep:
Between SOUTHEAST and SOUTHSOUTH who have more super nutritional meals?

LIKE for SOUTHEAST, SHARE for SOUTHSOUTH

I will say both...

They both hav vegetables in common...
SS/SE foods without vegetables is not complete

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
I have this at home but don't have the right ingredients to prepare it. I have never tasted it too, so how do I even know it's the right thing?

I think it is best to first try it out from those who know how to make it, to see if you'd like it (before preparing it), to avoid wasting your time and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Judgesledge(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2022
pocohantas:

grin grin They will na tell us that they are the prize.

That said, no abacha is worth my time.
we love our abacha, that is why we won't be looking your way anytime soon
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Fabnaija: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
Our best food. My father dont play with this food. We call it Ncha in our dialet and enjoy it Azu Iwuwu, Nkpuru na Akwukwo Anara, Ukpaka and also with Anunu etc. Anybody from my Umunneochi know all these.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Pat081: 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hmmm you are right very good food I remember Ugo in lmo State any time she give this food to me na sex she want
sameks08:
it will taste until you travel the other side and taste their own but all the same abacha is a nice food
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by etrange: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
The best abacha is the one I ate in Enugu state.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Paracetamol01: 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2022
You don witch and you have being bewitched
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Mummyfour(f): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

By the way, we from Abia make the best abacha cos it originated from our place and we call it Ncha.

Our traditional marriage is not complete without this delicacy. In fact, it's the first thing that's served before main meals.
Are you from Arochukwu?
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Mummyfour(f): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2022
etrange:
The best abacha is the one I ate in Enugu state.
I agree with you. I am from Abia. But I prefer Enugu Abacha to my own native way if preparing it.
I kind of like it dry than the ncha type

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Sureboyy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2022
Dididrumz:
I still dey fear to try this thing.

I hear it's nice, but I'm too selective when it comes to food.
You are totally missing out

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by etrange: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mummyfour:
I agree with you. I am from Abia. But I prefer Enugu Abacha to my own native way if preparing it.
I kind of like it dry than the ncha type

I'm not from Enugu myself. In fact, it's been almost 15 years since I was there. But I still remember the taste of thier abacha. Lol
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Manna4Gurls: 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2022
Abacha ncha abacha ncha. This abacha ncha anytime I try eating it, I will end up in having stomachache which will lead to vomit.

I lived in Anambra for years now, abacha no follow. Enugu abacha has not competition whatsoever.
If you love abacha ncha eat it don't say Enugu abacha is fried or overrated. Is still the number one in naija no cap
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by favour32(m): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
Dididrumz:
I still dey fear to try this thing.

I hear it's nice, but I'm too selective when it comes to food.
You are right.
It is okay with sweet cassava.
The bitter cassava should be carefully prepared or resultant poisoning from hydrogen cyanide.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Emmyxclusive: 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2022
I love umunze, Ezira, Isulo. I hope to be back in those places someday. Good people, lovely foods, good culture.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Nonywendy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
massmediang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJUchMS0ZmA

I have been hearing about Abacha Umunze. People say it is the best in the entire country so I travelled to Umunze to see how it is prepared. I eventually tasted it for the first time and ... just see my reaction in this video. You can learn how to make Abacha Umunze which was explained in this video in simple terms.

https://massmediang.com/why-abacha-umunze-is-unique-video/

Enugu abacha is the best. This one will purge the hell out of u
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2022
Only garden eggs, cassava, and ugu leaves with palmoil, how can you call this a complete meal? Save for the palmy .
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

Abacha ndi Enugu is overhyped.
It's usually dry, and they put ogiri in theirs.

Cant eat anything that doesnt have protein in it, no wonder they look malnourished.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by GboyegaD(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Yet, na una dey rush us.
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2022
My brother home coming is never complete if he never taste abacha, the last time he came to Nigeria immediately he dropped his bags off he goes, to look for abacha.

I laugh tire that day..
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by YorubaSlur: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Undisputable, Isuochi makes the best Abacha. I wonder who is deceiving Enugwu and Anambra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by YorubaSlur: 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2022
Faber:
Orumba South(Anambra state) Umunneochi and Isikwuato (Abia state)

Na them get the most tasty and creamy abacha.

Enugu abacha is too dry and not much ingredient.

I don dey remember my days with my grandparents at villa, infact I must chop abacha today grin grin

This is very true
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by onwumereoluebub(f): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
Emmyxclusive:
I love umunze, Ezira, Isulo. I hope to be back in those places someday. Good people, lovely foods, good culture.
. Na we dey here.�

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

I think it is best to first try it out from those who know how to make it, to see if you'd like it (before preparing it), to avoid wasting your time and ingredients.
Thanks. I don't know anyone who makes it. I would even buy if I can find it here
Re: Nairalander Tastes Abacha Umunze For The First Time by GALAXY11(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2022
dettolgel:

Where have you eaten Abacha in Enugu? Give us names before we begin talk. grin grin
bro abeg come udi,no be fight bro..na u go spread the good news like others,we don’t brag about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? / How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / How To Cook Edikaikon Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.