Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget (12435 Views)

2023: Chief Jumoke Akinjide Berates Bola Tinubu / Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku / Richard Akinjide Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by AnonPoet: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
I Will bribe budget officials to pad the budget*Akinjide Kazeem Akinola. Oyo Rep Candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inDZdcMj0_I

*I will bribe Budget officials to Pad the Budget- Akinjide Kazeem Akionla. Rep Candidate.

The Accord Party House of Representatives candidate for Egbeda/ONa Ara in Oyo state, Capt Akinjide Kazeem Akinola (rtd) has promised to bribe Budget officials 2 million naira each to pad the budget if he wins the election into the House of Representatives.

Akinjide Akinola said this when he was addressing supporters in In Olode, Egbeda LGA ibadan while seeking for their votes.

Capt Akinjide Akionla was an APC chieftain and former loyalist of the APC Presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu before he decamped to the Accord party after losing out on the APC ticket .

Capt Akinola(rtd) was forcefully retired from the army at a very young age after some shady oil deals in the Niger Delta during his posting to the oil rich region.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nigerians degree of everything is bribery!

13 Likes

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by PandoraObi: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out late and deny it because some political oppositions might be mischievous, Alaba market for example, where piracy was a norm

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by wildkat: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
What nonsense
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Princeton92(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
The shame now has no level.... Our leaders are not human beings they're vultures

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Mpcoll001: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Okay na

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by spy24(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
; This one concern him people

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
cheesy

Behold...a honest , non hypocritical politican!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Racoon(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Another already formed criminal budget padder heading for the NASS.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Sambeef: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
See the yeye youth wey wan rule him people for house of rep. Shame on you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Alexiiydon: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin no sense because na illiterates he Dey follow talk for there

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Okay.
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Lawalabiodun(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
To be sincere corruption is already flowing through his vein.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by wahles(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin
madness x10
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Oluwaseunomo: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
Lol normal lifestyle
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by seanwilliam(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2022
What an effrontery
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by jeff1993: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
Na Agbado master be him mentor na
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by FalseProphet1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
2023 would shock most politicians who would still believe that it's business as usual.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Cmanforall: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
Corruption
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Emman08: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
A crook will always be a crook
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Raho101: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Definitely not the kind of youth leaders that we need, corruption is really deep in the bone marrow of some people in this country.
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by CheapHomes1: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
Sambeef:
See the yeye youth wey wan rule him people for house of rep. Shame on you

What he said is what everybody does and knows. Its what every candidate will do. The difference is that he is just being honest about it

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by olusipimp(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
AnonPoet:
I Will bribe budget officials to pad the budget*Akinjide Kazeem Akinola. Oyo Rep Candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inDZdcMj0_I

*I will bribe Budget officials to Pad the Budget- Akinjide Kazeem Akionla. Rep Candidate.

The Accord Party House of Representatives candidate for Egbeda/ONa Ara in Oyo state, Capt Akinjide Kazeem Akinola (rtd) has promised to bribe Budget officials 2 million naira each to pad the budget if he wins the election into the House of Representatives.

Akinjide Akinola said this when he was addressing supporters in In Olode, Egbeda LGA ibadan while seeking for their votes.

Capt Akinjide Akionla was an APC chieftain and former loyalist of the APC Presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu before he decamped to the Accord party after losing out on the APC ticket .

Capt Akinola(rtd) was forcefully retired from the army at a very young age after some shady oil deals in the Niger Delta during his posting to the oil rich region.
C mindset
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by NohurryInLife: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
Problem wey videoing for any gathering/events go cause ehn. As e dey help some rise, naso e dey make some ppl fall.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Pleasant01: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
Most of you sef no watch the video
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Realmi: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
grin...he was forcefully retired the Army over shady deals and he was not put behind bars.......now he is taking political post in the same country that knows his record as a criminal grin grin grin.....so why would bribing officers be a news......

Nigeria is really a comedy channel

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by bestman09(m): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
shocked
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by Passionate888: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
angry
Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by dominique(f): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
I watched the video twice, I didn't hear anything about budget padding o. What he said is he doesn't mind tipping off legislators up two million to prioritize projects in his constituency. Nothing about budget padding. We know politics are corrupt and not trustworthy but conjuring false narratives about them makes you worse than them

7 Likes

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by anonimi: 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
AnonPoet:

Capt Akinola(rtd) was forcefully retired from the army at a very young age[b] after some shady oil deals in the Niger Delta during his posting to the oil rich region.[/b]

His loyalty to the drug lord crook is understandable.
Just as birds of a feather flock together, so also crooks flock together.

Francis5:
04.27.155:18 AM ET

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

General Muhammed Buhari’s political partner is a former bagman for two heroin traffickers. But that’s just business as usual in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s election last month was celebrated as an unlikely victory for democracy in an African country with a tenuous record of free and fair representation. But the man most responsible for midwifing General Muhammed Buhari’s ballot triumph over current President Goodluck Jonathan has a spotty CV. Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinjide Kazeem Akinola: I Can Bribe Officials To Pad The Budget by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
We know it not a new thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Videos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Adamawa / Governor Ugwuanyi Receives PDP Governors In Enugu (Photos) / We’ll Stop And Search Aregbesola’s Convoy - Senator Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.