Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku (25233 Views)

Showdown Looms At ICPC As Dissolved Board Members ‘stage Comeback’ / Benue 2023: Youths Stage Walk For Governor Ortom (Pictures) / BREAKING!!! IPOB Members Stage Heavy Protest In Aba, Defy Military Presence(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by AnonPoet: 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2023
2023: Group stages solidarity walk for Atiku in Oyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZegER7Se0A

People’s Democratic Party coalition under the auspices of National Mandate Group, Oyo state chapter, on Wednesday staged a ‘Freedom Walk For Atiku’ in Ibadan, Oyo state capital in support of Atiku Abubakar, the People’s Democratic Party’s Presidential candidate in the 2023 General elections.

The National Mandate Group, Oyo chapter which comprises Party Stalwarts, Youths, Women and mobilizers from across the state were seen on major streets in Ibadan metropolis marching with banners and campaigning for Atiku ahead of the February 25th Presidential Election.

On the streets to lead the Freedom Walk For Atiku were Former Minister of State for FCT, Hon. Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide; Elder Wole Oyelese, Former Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Alh. Azeem Gbolarumi, Former Deputy Governor, Oyo state, Engr. Jide Adeniji, Director Special Duty, PCC, Engr. Femi Babalola (Jogor), PDP members, Support Groups, Non indigenous groups, and National Mandate Group members.

Speaking with newsmen in Ibadan, one of the conveners of the group, Hon. Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide, said, Atiku is a Pan-Nigerian and one who will lead Nigeria out of her current Socio-economic and political challenges.

“We will campaign for Atiku in Oyo on the basis of merit and on the basis of fidelity to our great party. There’s really no divide in the PDP. It is a fight for space. So, I don’t think the public should worry themselves because the day they make up, they’d be on Television smiling and back slapping and calling each other brother and you wonder why you wasted so much energy on it.

“Let us face what is of concern to 200 million Nigerians which is the Five Points agenda to recover and restore Nigeria which Atiku is proposing.”

“Our Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar is promising to Unite Nigeria, secure the country, build a prosperous economy, restructure and devolve power to the federating units, education system that allows our people to compete nationally and globally and these are core issues that are of interest to the Nigerian People”.

You would recall that PDP has been enmeshed in internal political crisis since the emergence of Atiku Abubakar. Five of its governors, the G5 have been calling on the national chairman of the Party, Iyorchia Ayu to step aside following the emergence of Atiku who happens to be from the same Geopolitical zone with Ayu.

The governors describe Atiku’s candidacy and that of Ayu’s position as the Party’s chairman as grave injustice to southern Nigeria and governor Seyi Makinde who is one of the G5 governors was conspicuously absent from the Walk.

However, Jumoke Akinjide, while addressing members of the PDP during the Freedom Walk in Ibadan, stated that the PDP members in the state should ignore the visitors that will be coming to Oyo state tomorrow to poison the minds of the people against the party’s presidential candidate.

“Tomorrow, we will be having the Governor’s own rally and inauguration. All of us intend to be there as well, but I want to say something: If some of tomorrow’s visitors come and speak against PDP or Atiku, what are we going to say? No to their antics! We are brave people and we must demonstrate that tomorrow, ” he concluded.
https://leaders.ng/2023/01/04/2023-gridlock-in-ibadan-as-jumoke-oyesele-and-thousands-of-pdp-members-march-for-atiku/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by southsouthking(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Though I'm for Peter Obi, i still believe Makinde should thread properly and apply his number 6.
Wike has nothing to lose

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Lalami3232(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
If you sell your vote because of tribe, religion, salt, rice or even 5K, make you know say na 8yrs na you and your family go suffer.
I say make I just update you sha.

I don talk am and I go talk am again, "if you sell your vote because of irrelevant stuffs, make you know say your suffering na 8yrs of premium anguish and lamentation"

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by veekid(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Awon Oni yeye

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Chris2863(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Juanmike(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Walk of shame

Though still better than than Tilumbu.
A close source is telling me that Tinubu is sponsoring the G5.
That He would collapse his structure to LP as he sees that his chance of winning is as tiny as the vulture meat seller brain.
Latest Jan 26 he would defect to LP.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Light78: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Peter Obi will win this election.

All this North and south West votes will be divided.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by iwaeda: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by SlavaUkraini: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
The "Rented Crowd Crew" will soon come here and start crying blood

7 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by XploraBen(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
Okay, good for mikaonites. grin

What I know is that Obi's election as the next president will do Nigeria a lot of good.

Please no BATstard should quote me; y'all can go on licking the ass of Tinubu. cheesy grin

15 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by pagekollection2(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
I hope atiku is here to waste money

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Ramanto(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
They are deceiving him. BAT all the way

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by lexy2014: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
AnonPoet:

https://leaders.ng/2023/01/04/2023-gridlock-in-ibadan-as-jumoke-oyesele-and-thousands-of-pdp-members-march-for-atiku/

If nigerians can pull their weight like this when it comes to protesting against bad governance, nigeria for don better

9 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by DeAdvokate(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Chop Atiku money. Atiku ti lule grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Samogloby: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
One upper iweka miscreants spotted. That's their way]Walk of shame[/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by NwokoloOwa: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Grid lock every where. Town A shut down by Tinubu, Town B shut down by Atiku, Town C shut down by Obi. I am happy the zero hour no far again so we go rest from all these shut downs and gridlock, both real and imaginary

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by BouquiLake: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Where is the gridlock?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by ATLIEN2027: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
grin

Jokers.
Tinubu has Oyo locked down.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by jidamsel43(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Southwest is already Batified.

Their walking is an effort in futility

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by smokinloud(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Just few weeks to declare BAT President.

6 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by honestivo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
Atiku look strong in southwest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by kennisman(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
The crowd is not encouraging.
Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Samogloby: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
Juanmike:
Walk of shame
One of upper iweka miscreants spotted

6 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Chinjo2: 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
These are the real omoluabis. Not the school boy Seyi Makinde that is being held by the hand by his guardian Wike

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
Poor turnout grin

Akinjide? Like father like daughter
Winning123:
Following in her Father's footstep who is notorious for betraying the people's course.

As if you read my mind

3 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by Juanmike(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
Samogloby:
One of upper iweka miscreants spotted
I am sure you are chatting from Oshodi under bridge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by OGwales(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
One spoon of rice plenty pass them grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku by HitSong: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
Awọn ọmọ ale odua

Awọn ọmọ ẹrán

Awọn ọmọ rederede

Awọn ọmọ irankiran

Anyway, most are rented crowd.

ATHIEFKÚ will never be the president of this country.

THERE ARE ONLY TWO PEOPLE IN THE RACE

TINUBU and Obi and my vote is for Tinubu.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG / Pictures Of Nigeria In 1967 / Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.