Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,399 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) (23380 Views)

LASG Initiates Removal Of Illegal Properties To Prevent Flooding / COVID-19: Britain Starts Evacuation Of Nationals From Nigeria (video) / Lasg Intensifies Cleaning Of Manholes Across The State To Prevent Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by Allisgud: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2022
If I were to be a commissioner for environmental and cleanliness I will bring strict rules to generate revenue,if u are caught dumping refuse in the gutter whether 1 sachet of pure water u will pay fine of 50k or do community service for 2weeks by clearing gutter in lagos
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by OceanRed(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2022
TimmyTen:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, over populated, filthiest, disorganized and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

Headquarter for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism and all.

Amoda’s supporters will never admit.
More than 50% of lagos population are non indigenes, just wondering if those had stayed back in their respective states and make living there instaed of flooding lagos to and making it the way it is now. Lagos is choked it needs to breath.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by christistruth01: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2022
People who dump Rubbish anyhow

Should be sentenced to Clearing up and

Cleaning up Lagos Gutters and Drains

every weekend for a year
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by BATified2023: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2022
ceeceeco:
Tinubu will be a total disgrace to Nigeria at the international level if he becomes the president. I can't imagine such a vegetable as a president, I reject it. I want to be proud of my president and not to be so ashamed.
u igbos go cry tire
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by frog12: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Oh my GOD. who wan enter that rubbish
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by tofolo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
PresidObi:
Is that Joe Igbokwe in there?
Vawulence...
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
The massive System 5 drainage system at Babs Animashaun in Surulere wearing a new look after massive cleaning and dredging by Office of Drainage services @jidesanwoolu @drobafemihamzat @followlasg @Mr_JAGs @gbenga_omo @shodeeson @LasgMOE

Good works, except that of Awolowo to Kokoro-abu,in Ikorodu seems to have been gradually slowed down or abandoned,as nothing is going on there for months now!
Kudos to the Commissioner for Drainage too!
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by ceeceeco: 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
BATified2023:
u igbos go cry tire
So for your mind, anybody wey no want Tinubu na Igbo? Stay there dey deceive yourself. E go shock u.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by frog12: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
and they say he improve Lagos. do these people get SICK living in this area? this na serious cholera!

ceeceeco:
Tinubu will be a total disgrace to Nigeria at the international level if he becomes the president. I can't imagine such a vegetable as a president, I reject it. I want to be proud of my president and not to be so ashamed.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by frog12: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
why government no fit FLOG dem?

aylagos:
A lot people will still blame Tinubu and Lasg for this forgetting that they are the real problem here. You block the drainage and still want to blame the government.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by frog12: 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
something is wrong here. we used to have 6 months dry season and 6 months wet season. Now, it is only 3 months dry season. WETIN now?

anexxus:
I just wonder why this was not done during the before the rainy season of 2022 or during the peak rainy season. This is September.

Or better still it could be done between December and February when it is dryer. All the same, this kind of thing should be done more regularly and strategically. If it was done earlier, it would have saved a the 2 lives (that I know were lost this year to flood) and properties.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
TimmyTen:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, over populated, filthiest, disorganized and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

Headquarter for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism and all.

Refugees from other states are the problem
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by hush15: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
aylagos:
you see now environmental sanitation that some people refuse to carried out in some markets, now you are telling that is the responsibility of the government fine government wants to close the market now for them to get sense you are complaining that it’s against your tribe. Fuuuuuk all of your haters of Lagos and Yoruba land.

Mr Bleep, am yoruba and even a Lagos boy, born and breed. Am not against environmental sanitation but the manner of execution is the reason why its fallible. In saner climes, do they have a day of the week for environmental sanitation for their environment to be clean?

Cleanliness is an everyday thing. If government set up the right mechanism to ensure clean and sustainable environment in a honest and transparent manner,like not contracting waste collections to party members, who in turn turns themselves to demigods, like if government engages road cleaners and compensate them adequately, if government wouldn't turn regulatory agencies who understand their role in the society to revenue agencies who act aggressively in corrupt manner to rid people of their goods and services, if government could stop playing politics with their environmental policies, just maybe, there will be light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by adeoba2008(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
PresidObi:
Is that Joe Igbokwe in there?
No. Its Sanwo Olu.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by Spandau: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Oxygn:
Great job guys, long overdue

What great job, niggah? They are piling the mud by the sid of the drainage and then another rain will fall and the mud slides right back. When roads are constructed without side pavements and concrete walk, that's what you get.
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by Mkayfrenzy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
TimmyTen:

You are completely on point. I support what you said 100000%. God knows I no fit live in Lagos
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by akindigba(m): 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Good. Flood in Adamawa state yesterday alone hen. And I knw all those water are still coming to lagos.. flood submerge a whole school building in Numan
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
Reinaldo:
See the paradise they built cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some people are obviously high on fermented cassava juice and dried agbado. grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by davidque: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Joe Ibokwe in action
Re: Lagos Starts Evacuation Of Drain Silt To Prevent Flooding (Pictures) by Righteousness02: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Datti Ahmed: What Obi, LP Will Do In Four Years / Buhari Hosts George Weah / Osun APC Governorship Election Mega Rally In Ikire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.