Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! (15373 Views)

Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically / Share Your Experience Physically Going To Submit Your C.v In A Company / Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Lymetsaucer(f): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
Being in one spot deprive you of exploring the city

2 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Electrochemistry(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Scandium: 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
I've never worked in an office and my workers work from home

Al I do is, I give them tasks, they deliver within the stipulated time and I pay them at the agreed time

Why would I spend money renting an office and having to transport myself to the place everyday when I can do everything at home
should I send my CV. I am looking for a Job
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Ezlynn: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Proven fact, smart jobs & stores are taking over and the majority now enjoy exclusive discounts off their choicest accessories on oraimo eShop.

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Paulianfa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Excuses is at work here
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by dangoteinlaw: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..
until they rob ur phone one early morning. seems covid 19 didn't teach a lot of u sense

2 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Coraje(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..

You need to evolve. The pros of working from home far outweighs its cons in Lagos. Although, it is obvious that this doesn't work for all kinds of Jobs.

Some people believe hard work is wasting time and stressing out in traffic, then getting to work to achieve little, only to close from work and face another line of traffic.

If company's can focus on achieving results rather than force their staff to operate the traditional way, they would be surprised at the growth they would experience.

4 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Datguy00: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Make sense
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Nonexisting1: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Yes you are right. I am an architect and building contractor, I guess I will start working from home like you proposed. I will take your order, draw, build your house and deliver it to you online. Mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
Many companies on Lekki/Ajah has settled to be working home from Tuesdays & Thursdays on weekdays to save cost because of high cost of running business.
harbayo20:
Like literally, who would still want to be choked up in early morning traffic/hold up in Lagos or Abuja if there's an opportunity to work from home?
We should be concerned about HOW we work and not necessarily WHERE we work from.
Who's with me?

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Krismas(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Al I do is, I give them tasks, they deliver within the stipulated time and I pay them at the agreed time

Why would I spend money renting an office and having to transport myself to the place everyday when I can do everything at home
grin Really? I will like to work 4U
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Softmirror: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Like literally, who would still want to be choked up in early morning traffic/hold up in Lagos or Abuja if there's an opportunity to work from home?
We should be concerned about HOW we work and not necessarily WHERE we work from.
Who's with me?

WORKING FROM HOME IS JOB SPECIFIC IT DOESN'T APPLY TO ALL. I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT.

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by somehow: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
DropsMic:
Working from home is not as sweet as people cut it out to be.. I can’t even remember the last time I had a conversation with a human other than my girl who comes around once in a while and the lady who buys me groceries.. It’s a very miserable life.

Don't you have a closing time?
No friends or family to visit?
No cinema, park or outing?

No phone interaction?

No neighbours in your environment?

Working from home doesn't mean you shouldn't have a start and stop timing and also an outdoor lifestyle.

I closed my office when Covid-19 came knocking and never reopened. I told all staff to work from home and then changed employment to freelancing - Meaning I pay you for the jobs you complete, no more pains of monthly salaries even on weeks or months without good revenue.

There are jobs you can't do from home but there are hundreds of jobs/businesses people shouldn't pay rent for.

2 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by lifenija: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

shut up
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Idiotmod: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
But Nigeria neighbors will tag someone as yahoo yahoo if dey don’t find you going somewhere in the morning and coming back at night

2 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by PS712: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

To an extent incomplete analysis is what you are presenting. While there are many workfromhome jobs, there are those you can't do from home, no matter what, except you are assigning to someone who has to go out to do it, so even while working from home and assigning tasks, there are some of those tasks that someone must commute. So it depends on who you are and what you do.
Fact still remains that no matter the advancement in ICT, there will always be those tasks that must be performed with physical presence and engagement.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by somehow: 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
Idiotmod:
But Nigeria neighbors will tag someone as yahoo yahoo if dey don’t find you going somewhere in the morning and coming back at night

Working from home shouldn't stop you from

(1) Register your business
(2) Keep your financial records as professional as possible.
(3) have a work Identity.
(4) Have a website if your business is firm enough, print business cards.
(5) Let your business be visible

Let people around you know what you genuinely do.

If they don't know what you do, then you're obviously using "work from home" as cover.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..
Life is not always about stress how many years person wan use wey stress go kon dey includ?
Abi the guy wey chop 7m for hin sitting room this morning he get two head ? So life is not always about hard work and stress.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by serverconnect(m): 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?

What is required in working balance is productivity in respective of any place you are working from.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Henryfortune(m): 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..

No it's about working smart not working too hard...
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by taju4free(m): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
It depends on the nature of your work
TalkTalkTwins:

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Kobicove(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Remote work is not suitable for all types of businesses eg restaurant biz grin

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Appliedmaths(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
3days on, 2 days off is fine. But you see that everyday suicide of going to the office especially in Lagos and Co. is a big no no.

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by TrebleChamp(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?
As a Doctor, can you do a major surgery in your sitting room?
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by PHIPEX(m): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?
At this time and age, mandating everyone to always be physically present in the office is poor thinking as long as the work can still get done remotely.

I know companies in Nigeria that have remained on remote work basis since 2020 yet doing very well
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by qanda: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by relaxandsmile: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?
I am with you wholeheartedly. Some people just want to answer; 'I am going out'!
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Skillsnigeria: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Those wey dey work for Lagos dey try Sha, the traffic no be here

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
lazkizz:
You have a nice point , but the pandemic and world inflation has make everything worst so now ... Even the whites are doing 3-7 jobs for survival in Europe, then imagine africa Nigeria in fact is worst in the whole world.

By the way , I sell dried fish in cartons different types and sizes

Note !!!
I don't sell pond fish or fish farm , these are all gotten from the lake chad basin
In Maiduguri all natural and sweet

Asa mangala
Bragi mangala ( Okpo)
Mai mama ( mudfish )
Catfish round e.t.c

My location is yola Adamawa state

we do Nationwide delivery
Wow

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by caprini1: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
Idiotmod:
In the world of today ,you should do what is good for you and not what neighbors think.Except the neighbor pays for your rent ,food and bills.

4 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Greenfaces: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..
lazy people are argued to be smarter because they find solutions to real problems.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
sleek214:

A typical naija man. Poor reasoning. That's why most have turned themselves to slaves. They go through similar circles for 365 days, no meaningful savings
Hahahhahahaha true leave the fo*l

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment In FCMB Bank!!!!!!!! / How To Apply For Graduate Trainee Jobs At United Bank Of Africa 2018 / Yes!! The Navy Dssc Form is On Sale Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.