Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel (489 Views)

PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Udom Emmanuel / Two Nigeria Politicians That Can Never Stand By Their Words / President Buhari Returns: Can They Now Swallow Their Words? - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2022
The chairman of the Presidential campaign council of the Peoples Democracy Party, PDP, Udom Emmanuel has stressed the need for people to keep to their words.

The Akwa Ibom State Governor made the call while reacting to the withdrawal of Governor Nyesom Wike’s camp from the presidential campaign council of the PDP.

Wike’s camp is demanding for the resignation of the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu and the zoning of the position to the south.

Ayu had been quoted to have promised to resign from his position if a northerner emerges the presidential candidate of the PDP.

However he appeared to have reneged on the “promise” insisting that he had a four year mandate.

Speaking on Channels TV Sunrise Daily on Thursday, the Governor said Nigerians must learn to fulfill the promises they make.

He said, “one thing I discovered about politics and life is that people should try to do what they said they would do. That’s the crux of some of the problems.

“If I say I would do this when A happens, let me keep to that. If I say I will do B when C happens, let me also keep to that.

“Everybody has the right to express himself how ever he wants.

The earlier as a country we keep to our words and promises, the better for every body.

Reacting to claims that the removal of Ayu must follow the constitution of the party, the governor said, “some things are lawful but not all things are expedient. I’m coding my expression here. So let look at those things that are expedient for peace sake.

“I believe somebody like me if I know, even as lawful as that thing may be, if it is expedient for the sake of peace and for us to move, I think I can take certain actions”.

He, however, expressed hope that the issues within the party would be resolved soon.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/22/pdp-crisis-people-must-keep-to-their-words-gov-udom-emmanuel/?

Mynd44 seun

Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2022
Where are those PDP supporters that thinks it's going to be business as usual in the south in 2023, udom is a neutral party in the ongoing crisis but he's still clamoring for the right thing to be done. He knows that selling Atiku to his people in 2023 is a herculean task..

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Laggafin: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2022
Another goal scored. Wike 2---Ayu ---0

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by underpinna: 11:17am On Sep 22, 2022
The earlier the South stands their ground the better for them. It mustn't be business as usual.
The South must have a voice, enough of slavery mentality.
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2022
Shikamaru1:
Where are those PDP supporters that thinks it's going to be business as usual in the south in 2023, udom is a neutral party in the ongoing crisis but he's still clamoring for the right thing to be done. He knows that selling Atiku to his people in 2023 is a herculean task..
As it is now
*Atiku can boast of Northwest and Northeast
* Tinubu Southwest excluding Lagos
* Peter Obi South-south, South-east and North-Central

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2022
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Dreal1247: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2022
Does it mean that people failed to understand the game. Ayu helped Atiku to secure the presidential ticket of PDP. He was made the party chairman because it was believed that the President must come from the south. He declared Tambuwa the hero after helping Atiku to emerge. Now equity demands that the chairmanship position be shifted to the south. Wike was even saying that they were banking on presidential support to snub him.
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Redstubpen: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2022
cheesy
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by yomi961: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2022
post=116904410:

As it is now
*Atiku can boast of Northwest and Northeast
* Tinubu Southwest excluding Lagos
* Peter Obi South-south, South-east and North-Central
obi south south??
Delusion of grandeur.
Even the south east no sure for am.
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2022
yomi961:
obi south south??
Delusion of grandeur.
Even the south east no sure for am.
you're the deluded person, do you stay in the south south Mr man? You think we're voting party this time around..
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Prince111111: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2022
Shikamaru1:
Where are those PDP supporters that think it's going to be business as usual in the south in 2023, udom is a neutral party in the ongoing crisis but he's still clamoring for the right thing to be done. He knows that selling Atiku to his people in 2023 is a herculean task.
if you understood what Udom was saying, you would know he was referring to Wike that promised to back whomever the winner of the ticket. Ayu did say he would step down, but mind you he didn't say it in that contest. He said, if a Northerner emerges the winner, he would step down if the NWC wants it. NWC is the highest decision maker of a political party that in their wisdom passed a vote of confidence just last week or so. If Wike is as strong as he claims to be, he could have bought a few of the NWC. The last time I checked, he could only be supported by Taofeek Arapaja and maybe Anyanwu which I doubt its possibility. And mind you Udom is a mature political leader that does not make noise. He knows that the fault was on the Southerners that contested the ticket. They could have supported just one of them but none was ready to step down. That Ayu praised Tambuwal as the hero of the convention does not portray Ayu as being partisan to favor a candidate. He needed to do that because of what he could have perceived as a probable crisis the convention would have caused on the same night. After all, which father would pray for his house to be razed by fire?
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by yomi961: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2022
Shikamaru1:
you're the deluded person, do you stay in the south south Mr man? You think we're voting party this time around..
oya na
Mr south south.
Time will tell
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 22, 2022
Prince111111:
if you understood what Udom was saying, you would know he was referring to Wike that promised to back whomever the winner of the ticket. Ayu did say he would step down, but mind you he didn't say it in that contest. He said, if a Northerner emerges the winner, he would step down if the NWC wants it. NWC is the highest decision maker of a political party that in their wisdom passed a vote of confidence just last week or so. If Wike is as strong as he claims to be, he could have bought a few of the NWC. The last time I checked, he could only be supported by Taofeek Arapaja and maybe Anyanwu which I doubt its possibility. And mind you Udom is a mature political leader that does not make noise. He knows that the fault was on the Southerners that contested the ticket. They could have supported just one of them but none was ready to step down. That Ayu praised Tambuwal as the hero of the convention does not portray Ayu as being partisan to favor a candidate. He needed to do that because of what he could have perceived as a probable crisis the convention would have caused on the same night. After all, which father would pray for his house to be razed by fire?
Mr man stop trying to turn logic on its head, do you think we're fools? Atiku said he cannot remove ayu because of the constitution, didn't you see the part where udom said you don't have to do what is lawful?
You guys are always trying to twist narrative in your favor even with fact staring you on the face..
Reacting to claims that the removal of Ayu must follow the constitution of the party, the governor said, “some things are lawful but not all things are expedient. I’m coding my expression here. So let look at those things that are expedient for peace sake.

“I believe somebody like me if I know, even as lawful as that thing may be, if it is expedient for the sake of peace and for us to move, I think I can take certain actions”.

You need to get brighter grammar or go for English classses
Re: PDP Crisis: People Must Keep To Their Words – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Mynd44: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2022

(1)

Peter Obi Will Deliver Nigeria To The West / Money Laundering: EFCC To Arraign Former Lagos AG, Supo Shasore / Bandits Have Overrun Nigeria Because Government Allowed Them, Says TY Danjuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.