Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government (19956 Views)

Update From Ongoing Ekwulobia Flyover By Anambra Government (Pictures, Video) / Suspected Killers Of Dr. Chike Akunyili Arrested By Anambra Police / Thousands Of Tricycle Operators Hold Rally In Support Of Buhari In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Felimax(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
Where are the hypocrites?...those ones now will soon relocate to Lagos and still come and constitue nuisance.calabar also was a capital city before lagos,so is calabar also everybody's property?,dunce...oya goan claim Abuja too,I don't know how you feel when u reason like a pig.

No seriously! The thing dey surprise me.
This your reply is monumental!

Some people reasoning go almost make you wan shit for pants.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by NwekereNdoki: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2022
ezenwajosh:
I laugh at those claiming nothing was borrowed from Chinese for the AIR PORT

CLownn It is just 2B. Why wil dey borrow?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Ezewuzie01: 11:41am On Sep 23, 2022
newcommer:

Abeg shut up. How many roads has the govt done so far? What do they do with the allocations they receive from the FG

You are stupid and demented. How old is Soludo's government and when last did the NNPC remit to the federal allocation?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2022
newcommer:

Indeed. Yet, in those developed countries you use in your example, the citizens of those countries see the dividends of their taxes with a quality economy and numerous jobs. They get annual tax returns from the government, a sort of 'thank you' for paying your taxes.

Yet, over here in the poverty capital of the world along with some of the richest politicians on Earth, we are supposed to pay taxes that will be embezzled by these demons we have as government

You're not serious.

That is why I talked about corruption being a big issue!

Corruption will have to be tackled by everyone!

Our part as citizens must be to unite and demand transparency, starting from voting in people of integrity which we both know Nigerians have not being doing for decades!

Let's assume we all fail or refuse to pay taxes, what next??! What do you propose with regards to needed revenue generation?!!

See, it's not always enough to fight online and criticize daily... What solutions do you have to proffer?!!
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by ogatboy(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2022
Soludo will be one of the worst governor of Anambra state in modern history
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by newcommer: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2022
Ezewuzie01:

You are stupid and demented. How old is Soludo's government and when last did the NNPC remit to the federal allocation?

So because the NNPC did not remit to the FG makes it okay for a governor to further impoverish his own people? People who elected him into the position as governor o

You're an idiot. Did Soludo complain to you that his state allocation reduced because the NNPC has not been remitting to the FG?

You're a true slowpoke. If we check your life now, you're probably #10,000 away from destitution and extreme poverty. Imagine defending a governor with access to billions of naira in allocation on an empty stomach

Onye ara

3 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Pacesetterz: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2022
akpunda86:

Yea out of it a certain percentage goes to the agbero chairman as agreed,wat they were charged is based on wat they pay daily monthly,so I'll advice them best if slashed to 10k.
Do u know that the agbero chairman eversince been staying in best hotel in Awka where raw cash delivered everday with bank coming to take it,but now has moved to his house after soludo ping am

Are trying to say the chairman is now suffering? grin
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Ola4lead(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2022
Timoleon:
On paper or to the ears it seems like much. But if you reflect on it, it’s small. When Soludo came in, one of the first actions he took was to rid parks of touts. These riders pay between 2000-5000 to these touts daily. You can calculate the sum of that in a month. Those monies are not remitted to the state Government in most cases. This 15000/month is a fraction of the money the motorcycle riders pay to touts and if the government uses it properly can aid funding for road maintenance and development.

“You said if use properly” That is IF and that’s why everyone can’t trust our politicians
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by newcommer: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

That is why I talked about corruption being a big issue!

Corruption will have to be tackled by everyone!

Our part as citizens must be to unite and demand transparency, starting from voting in people of integrity which we both know Nigerians have not being doing for decades!

Let's assume we all fail or refuse to pay taxes, what next??! What do you propose with regards to needed revenue generation?!!

See, it's not always enough to fight online and criticize daily... What solutions do you have to proffer?!!

The sacrifice shouldn't have to come from our end alone. All hands must be on deck!

Cut down the profligacy in government. A senator cannot earn #36,000,000 monthly asides allowances when the minimum wage of your country is a measly #30,000 in this biting inflation. Demons!!!

Open the borders. We are not food sufficient enough to operate closed borders. Strengthen our institutions. Nobody, not even the president should be above the law.

Restructure or operate a semblance of it. Stiff penalties for corruption with long jail sentences and seizures of assets.

All politicians children MUST school in Nigeria. If you elect to hold office for a number of years, you must be very friendly with your country. If you decide you have a taste for foreign goods, please vacate the position.

Partner with the private sector to handle a number of infrastructural needs, education and employment creation in return for a reduced tax burden for a number of years.

Tax churches. So many, many more if we are serious about things. This country is evil. God!!

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
newcommer:

The sacrifice shouldn't have to come from our end alone. All hands must be on deck!

Cut down the profligacy in government. A senator cannot earn #36,000,000 monthly asides allowances when the minimum wage of your country is a measly #30,000 in this biting inflation. Demons!!!

Open the borders. We are not food sufficient enough to operate closed borders. Strengthen our institutions. Nobody, not even the president should be above the law.

Restructure or operate a semblance of it. Stiff penalties for corruption with long jail sentences and seizures of assets.

All politicians children MUST school in Nigeria. If you elect to hold office for a number of years, you must be very friendly with your country. If you decide you have a taste for foreign goods, please vacate the position.

Partner with the private sector to handle a number of infrastructural needs, education and employment creation in return for a reduced tax burden for a number of years.

Tax churches. So many, many more if we are serious about things. This country is evil. God!!

Well written sir. I completely agree!

However, can you see these things can only happen when the right people are elected into office especially the office of the presidency?!!

This is where we have been getting it wrong for decades now!

Imagine having visionaries at key offices starting from the presidency... These things you listed would have been common place by now!
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2022
Timoleon:
Nigerians are just terrible people and I just laugh and ignore people who are unnecessarily optimistic about the future of this country. Soludo has eased the burden of these commercial drivers by sending away motorpark touts that taxed them heavily without remitting to the state. Whereas these greedy tricyclists pay as much as 2000 - 5000 daily to touts before which would sum to 60000-150000 monthly before now, they are now throwing protests at a government that reduced it to15000.

Let’s continue deceiving ourselves that we want development.

Thank you for this!

Nigerians just want to enjoy everything good without making sacrifices!

Some are already labeling the Professor evil!

I tire for our citizens!

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Angelfrost(m): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ola4lead:

“You said if use properly” That is IF and that’s why everyone can’t trust our politicians

So, what do you suggest?!!

We should all collectively descend into anarchy?!!
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by DeepSight(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Haywhy3579:

The same way ur people feels about the east. As other tribe, to buy land for east na war to live with u people na war and to have opposite opinions in the east na suicide and still yet u people will come to lagos and come and claim it that Nigeria is one and u practiced non of it in ur state. Also, it is a lame excuse to want to lay claim to lagos because it was former capital. Don’t I know the meaning of former and calaba was also formal capital and no south west is laying claim to it. Lagos maintained its standard and that is y it attracts people from all over the world. Calabar does not maintained its standard. U can lay claimed to Abuja because it is the capital and not lagos Abeg.

I don't know why you people like to make assumptions. It really betrays not just your tribal bigotry but your small minds. I am not from the East, and I did not "come to" Lagos. I was born in Lagos and it is my home.

Secondly, Lagos is what it is on account that it was the capital of Nigeria for almost a century. It was not magically built up into what it is by a select group of Lagosians only. It has been made what it is by its role in Nigeria, and by Nigerian resources.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by AsomughaChuks05: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ezmans:
that is 500 naira daily it's better in anambra, here in lagos it's 2000 naira daily that is 60,000 monthly

They will comply eventually. Their protest was sponsored by agberos who are worried about their daily bread because the new tax regime eliminates them from the food chain.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Slynation:
nice...You really schooled that Olodo!! They are wishing for a very soft landing to clinch and hold onto someone's mansion and reap where they never planned on sowing...

Honestly, I don't really know how you guys think sha.

During the civil war when many Igbos left southwest, weren't their properties in yorubaland restored back to them after the war when they returned?

Whereas in the south south and far north, those Igbo owned properties were claimed by the indigenes of those regions.

But Yoruba must be badmouthed lol.

You guys are just funny.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Tegabadguy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by pegix(m): 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
Where are the hypocrites?...those ones now will soon relocate to Lagos and still come and constitue nuisance.calabar also was a capital city before lagos,so is calabar also everybody's property?,dunce...oya goan claim Abuja too,I don't know how you feel when u reason like a pig.
grin angry

U catch this ode

No.mind am

Make e go claim abuja join him father property

3 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Emperor88(m): 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:
They don't have sense na...look at the excuse the mumu gave.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by bonnyhope: 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
yemmight:
If it is Lagos, the noise will be everywhere.

Lagos own is going to private pocket

Anambra own goes to govt purse
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by chrixtoimoh: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
₦500 daily?
Are there no other illegal fees like Lagos agberos owo da?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Emperor88(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
DeepSight:

I don't know why you people like to make assumptions. It really betrays not just your tribal bigotry but your small minds. I am not from the East, and I did not "come to" Lagos. I was born in Lagos and it is my home.

Secondly, Lagos is what it is on account that it was the capital of Nigeria for almost a century. It was not magically built up into what it is by a select group of Lagosians only. It has been made what it is by its role in Nigeria, and by Nigerian resources.

Capital for almost a century? Are you okay? Are you sure you know what a century is? Who were the people who built Lagos pls? Who were the people that choose to abandon their state to come build Lagos. Why not go and build Calabar and Abuja. You agree Lagos is not built by Lagosians alone but when it comes to bad side of Lagos you won't agree it might the cause of immigrants and overpopulation of Lagos state but you choose to blame one man.

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Perfectbeing(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
cherana:
This is wickedness from the government's end. This is actually much. How much do they make daily?

Most of them do not even own the tricycles they drive. They have people the remit money to daily?

How does the government expect them to raise that amount?
If it is N500 per day that will kill them let it kill them.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Slynation(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Solsix:

Even though I thought valentine ozigbo would have been a better choice however, soludo is doing great with the available resources at his disposal. On Willie obiano, he inherited a debt free state and a whooping 75billion . Remember insecurity was very severe when soludo took over and had to fight this it. This alone cost Anambraians huge amount of money.
well...You are right tho, but from the looks of things, Soludo might wake up and realized 4 years has elapsed and nothing has been done...
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Udoboss(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
joey150:
I know in most major parks across the country, commercial operators have to pay a daily fee which is usually at least 500 naira.

If they paid 1k daily before, why does 15k in 30 days irk them so much?

Well, clearly they prefer the daily charge.

The state should revert to that or make it 500 naira daily or 12k monthly.

There you go, problem solved.

No... daily which accumulated to #1000 monthly..

My state charge #50 *30= 1500

So you see why they're protesting...The increase is too much
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by akpunda86: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Are trying to say the chairman is now suffering? grin

No not suffering but reduced percentage

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by MissLeslie(m): 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
U mean this is happening in Ipob land too, �
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by joey150(m): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
Udoboss:

No... daily which accumulated to #1000 monthly..

My state charge #50 *30= 1500

So you see why they're protesting...The increase is too much

In Lagos it's not less than 500 naira daily to the park before you can queue for passengers.

I think it varies with location. But the catch here is to incentivise them to pay monthly by offering a discount.
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Slynation(m): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
safesurfer:

Honestly, I don't really know how you guys think sha.

During the civil war when many Igbos left southwest, weren't their properties in yorubaland restored back to them after the war when they returned?

Whereas in the south south and far north, those Igbo owned properties were claimed by the indigenes of those regions.

But Yoruba must be badmouthed lol.

You guys are just funny.
In my post, I didn't mention any tribe, neither did I mention any region, but you just took it upon yourself that it's Yoruba, well, maybe that's what your folks are seriously praying for...

But come to think of it, the Yoruba man that occupied my Uncles house and claimed he bought the house is from the North abi...!! If one or two Yoruba's decides to be nice and relinquished some properties, it doesn't translate to all Yoruba...!!

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Cantonese: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lanretoye:

Olodo, talking history that you know nothing about.

Was Calabar ever the capital of Nigeria? Simply ask historians to inform you about the history of the country before and after the amalgamation.

We had the northern protectorate of Nigeria and the southern protectorate before the amalgamation in 1914. The Northern protectorate had Zungeru, the train city and Kaduna at different times as the capital.
Calabar was the capital when we had the Protectorate of Southern Nigeria, but most of the colonial, diplomatic activities and high-level official businesses were carried out in Lagos. Note that it had been carried out in Calabar before 1906.

Lagos became the capital in 1914 and remained so until 1991 when that status was moved to Abuja, under the presidency of IBB. Abuja became the administrative capital while Lagos became the commercial capital. Hopefully you understand what it means to be a commercial capital.

Next is your warped thinking on the subject matter.

Who will relocate to Lagos? Tricycles pay more in Lagos to nobody in particular. In Lagos, they pay between 2k and 3K or more to their union depending on their location. They pay with pain and sorrow. Have you heard the state government giving any account of revenue accrued from either NURTW or the park management committee in Lagos?

Common sense should tell you that what Anambra state government has done is to ensure that revenue from that sector ends up in government purse. What is your problem with that? Common sense should tell you that 15k monthly translates to N500 daily, which is far cheaper than 2 -3 k paid daily in Lagos. How do you expect the operators to relocate on the basis of government requirement, when the cost of business is cheaper for them in their state?
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by Sleekfingers: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
If it is lagos, awon olori pelebe no go let us hear word......
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by crafteck(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
incandescentena:
Lol Mc Oluomo and Tinubu urchinnns live in Anambra

See them o.....they were busy carrying propaganda and cheap lies saying in Lagos Tinubu agberos, Lagos park management aka MC Oluomo are aggressively collecting 500 Naira from Keke Napep operators to support campaigns, but indeed it was Anambra government who adopted the 500Naira tax collection

Hot Amala served by Governor Soludo grin

Ignoramus, lagos is suffering more, the tax is just being transferred straight to comuters, a marwa pays about 2k to 3k if not more daily, 50naira journeys don reach 150 but lagosians have no choice, na who get peace of mind de protest
Re: Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government by k2money(m): 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
Latakia:
U are right those ones are worst than robbers especially those that Igbo touts that called themselves Tax coollectors within the Second Niger bridge axis.
They are ready to beat anybody that doesn't cooperate with them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 PDP Governors May Join APC / Tanker Falls At Opic Estate, Ogun State (Photos) / Aliyu Madaki - Inconclusive Elections: Buhari’s Integrity Should Be Questioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.