Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police (538 Views)

COVID-19: Over 2Million GUNS Sold In U.S. In March As Virus Spreads(Pics) / Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics / U.K. Joins U.S. In Refusing To Condemn Israel At The U.N. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by AlBaqir(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Many do not know how very strict the US and UK were in the 1900s regarding public dressing. [See attached pics]. Of course, in the name of the so-called civilization, that has been thrown out of the window.

Islam has been maintaining its culture for more than a 1000 year when it comes to Morality. So, if in an Islamic society, a woman fail to comply with societal dress code, and she is dealt with, why the cries? It is a fact that everybody cannot be religious, the least expected of every citizen is to abide by laws of the land.

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by coke75: 11:51am On Sep 23, 2022
So basically your argument is that you are like neanderthals who's moral values haven't progressed in a 1000 years.

2 Likes

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by kris(m): 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
So you are saying that slavery is good today, because some people practiced it in the past? That we should accept it?

Yes Christians have killed a lot of people in the past in the name of religion, but that doesn't make it alright for other religions to do the same today. It was horrible then and it is horrible now.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by AlBaqir(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
coke75:
So basically your argument is that you are like neanderthals who's moral values haven't progressed in a 1000 years.

Ohhh... progress of moral value is unclothedness and indecent dressing that the Western World is known for today?! Hmmm
Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by AlBaqir(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
kris:
So you are saying that slavery is good today, because some people practiced it in the past? That we should accept it?

Yes Christians have killed a lot of people in the past in the name of religion, but that doesn't make it alright for other religions to do the same today. It was horrible then and it is horrible now.

Please try again later. Your juxtaposition never add up.
Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by RepoMan007: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lol. USA today is a nudity giant.
Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by coke75: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
AlBaqir:

Ohhh... progress of moral value is unclothedness and indecent dressing that the Western World is known for today?! Hmmm

No, it's about recognizing that it's not for you to dictate how other people live their life. You want to wear a head scarf? Go ahead, but don't force other people against their will to wear one.
If you come to me and tell me what to do, my answer is that I'm going to shove my AR15 up your asshole. And it seems like the brave iranian women have a similar idea.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by kris(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
Your great grand parents were just fine walking around naked for years.
AlBaqir:

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by Oches4me(m): 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
coke75:

No, it's about recognizing that it's not for you to dictate how other people live their life. You want to wear a head scarf? Go ahead, but don't force other people against their will to wear one.
If you come to me and tell me what to do, my answer is that I'm going to shove my AR15 up your asshole. And it seems like the brave iranian women have a similar idea.
Don't force other doing incest, way, lesbianism and robbery.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by coke75: 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
Oches4me:

What's the fundamental difference between robbery and not wearing a head scarf? Hm... I didn't think someone could be so amazingly stupid that I have to explain that.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by kris(m): 2:06am On Sep 24, 2022
How are they forcing you to be a lesbian? lol

Oches4me:

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by AlBaqir(m): 3:47am On Sep 24, 2022
coke75:

You still don't get it bro. Every society has laws that governs it. Iran is an Islamic state govern by Islamic law (following the referendum of 1979 where 98% of the population voted for Islamic Shariah law). It is rational that citizens and foreigners should abide by the laws of the land.

If Western World with their secular law prefer that their women should be roaming unclad on the street, that's their choice. Learn how to respect other people's law.

2 Likes

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by AlBaqir(m): 3:49am On Sep 24, 2022
kris:

Perhaps that was what yours did, roaming naked. Mine used to dress up well.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by coke75: 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2022
AlBaqir:

You still don't get it bro. Every society has laws that governs it. Iran is an Islamic state govern by Islamic law (following the referendum of 1979 where 98% of the population voted for Islamic Shariah law). It is rational that citizens and foreigners should abide by the laws of the land.
No, I get it bro. You're the one who doesn't 'get it'. I know Iran is based on sharia, thanks for the amazing insight.
So what? I'm saying that law is unjust. Immoral. Not so hard to understand, is it?
Just because something is a law doesn't make it just or moral. American law allowed slavery and later segregation. German law lead to the mass deportation and killing of Jews.

AlBaqir:

If Western World with their secular law prefer that their women should be roaming unclad on the street, that's their choice. Learn how to respect other people's law.
No. I respect the iranian women who fight for their freedom.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by kris(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
Dress up ko, dress up ni. Go sit down! grin

AlBaqir:

Perhaps that was what yours did, roaming naked. Mine used to dress up well.

1 Like

Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by jimetagambo: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2022
kris:
grin grin grin
Re: U.S In The 1900s With Moral Police by AlBaqir(m): 4:59am On Sep 25, 2022
coke75:

No, I get it bro. You're the one who doesn't 'get it'. I know Iran is based on sharia, thanks for the amazing insight.
So what? I'm saying that law is unjust. Immoral. Not so hard to understand, is it?
Just because something is a law doesn't make it just or moral. American law allowed slavery and later segregation. German law lead to the mass deportation and killing of Jews.

No. I respect the iranian women who fight for their freedom.

I'm not here to debate with you which law is just or upright. That's for another day. The point here is: "ìlú tí ko ba si òfin, ẹşẹ̀ ko si níbè (there is no sin in a lawless state)". What is the standard to judge Morality and justice? You or the Western world? grin grin

With all your dangling mouth and so-called moral justification, if you do something contrary to Nigerian civic law, you will be dealt with beyond recognition. Let's learn how to respect other people's law and principles first before subtly challenging it.

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Troops Face Uncertainty In Niger As Wagner Seeks To Capitalize On Coup / Russia And Israel / Expansion To The Jonathanland Royal Gardens Has Been Put On Hold?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.