Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Java Internship Full Time - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Internship Full Time (3714 Views)

How Do I Get Java Development Kit On My System? / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. / Java Programmers ,I Need Help Fixing This Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Internship Full Time by batistutajulio: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hi everyone.

I got an internship for a Java Backend role as an intern that will last for 12 months. The offer is $250, do you guys think it is okay as an industry standard. Its a company in Central Europe and I would be working remotely from Nigeria.

Is there anything I should ask or know before I accept the offer?
Re: Java Internship Full Time by arejibadz(m): 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
Bro u in Nigeria and it pays in dollars just accept it

1 Like

Re: Java Internship Full Time by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

I got an internship for a Java Backend role as an intern that will last for 12 months. The offer is $250, do you guys think it is okay as an industry standard. Its a company in Central Europe and I would be working remotely from Nigeria.

Accept it, it's a good one.
How did you get the internship? I'm also a java backend dev.

2 Likes

Re: Java Internship Full Time by batistutajulio: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
Accept it, it's a good one.
How did you get the internship? I'm also a java backend dev.

I searched through Google.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by peropoliet(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

that pay is poor for an internal
Re: Java Internship Full Time by batistutajulio: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2022
peropoliet:
that pay is poor for an internal

What should be the ideal pay for an intern? I have not said accepted yet.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

I highly recommends you to accept this offer.

1 Like

Re: Java Internship Full Time by Frontend: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
Bros connect me am also looking one thanks.

batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

Re: Java Internship Full Time by ovanda(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

good day, bro. Please how did you get the internship position? I am a java developer also please connect me, thanks.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by jansonn(m): 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

The pay might not be perfect but you need the experience and recommendation on your CV. If you don't have other better offers, I'd suggest you accept it

1 Like

Re: Java Internship Full Time by RepoMan007: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
Omo! Na to port go java o. Better than wasting time with over hyped stacks.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by jesmond3945: 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
Op please accept that offer, get the experience. Then apply to bigger firms. Your current firm might even give you an offer to keep you, then weigh their offer with other offers and choose the best.

1 Like

Re: Java Internship Full Time by Nueleze(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2022
batistutajulio:

Hi everyone.

If it's $250 monthly it's a good offer.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by qtguru(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
That's 117k naira monthly in my opinion not bad, but the pay is low, but regardless take it,

It will be a Java job experience, remote company experience and from there you can learn enough for the next job. take it, you could also be referred for other projects on the side from colleagues if you do a very good job. I am helping my foreign colleague with his side project for cash.

wink

No dull

4 Likes

Re: Java Internship Full Time by qtguru(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
wait 250$ monthly or for 12 months
Re: Java Internship Full Time by Sulele04(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:
That's 117k naira monthly in my opinion not bad, but the pay is low, but regardless take it,

It will be a Java job experience, remote company experience and from there you can learn enough for the next job. take it, you could also be referred for other projects on the side from colleagues if you do a very good job. I am helping my foreign colleague with his side project for cash.

wink

No dull
I need your advice boss.

I am currently learning Asp.Net, I can write C# well already, and I know that C# is very similar Java so I can pick up Java.

But I don't know if I should continue with Asp or switch to spring boot of Java considering job availability and pay.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by qtguru(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sulele04:

I need your advice boss.

I am currently learning Asp.Net, I can write C# well already, and I know that C# is very similar Java so I can pick up Java.

But I don't know if I should continue with Asp or switch to spring boot of Java considering job availability and pay.

It depends, for Nigeria both will get you jobs, but Java/Kotlin is a more relevant language because:

1. Java is more popular and established libraries Apache Commons
2. Android Dev and Spring boot at once
3. and other Java dialect platforms.

But I would advise picking Java so I can forward your resume to Interswitch they need a lot of Java Engineers.

4 Likes

Re: Java Internship Full Time by Sulele04(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

It depends, for Nigeria both will get you jobs, but Java/Kotlin is a more relevant language because:

But I would advise picking Java so I can forward your resume to Interswitch they need a lot of Java Engineers.

I will start learning Java and spring boot, and I will update you.

Also do I need to learn Kotlin too cause I thought Kotlin is just for Android dev.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by qtguru(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sulele04:

Also do I need to learn Kotlin too cause I thought Kotlin is just for Android dev.

You only learn Kotlin when you know Java to a degree. It's meant to be easier. You can use Kotlin for Spring boot and Android

1 Like

Re: Java Internship Full Time by ovanda(m): 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

bro good day, please i just sent you a mail, abeg respond, thanks.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by LikeAking: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

To do wat?
Re: Java Internship Full Time by LikeAking: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sulele04:

Lolz
Re: Java Internship Full Time by LikeAking: 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sulele04:

I need your advice boss.

Oga just cool down learn only one Lang. Wen d Lang pay u can learn more... No go confuse ya sef.

2 Likes

Re: Java Internship Full Time by Sulele04(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

You only learn Kotlin when you know Java to a degree. It's meant to be easier. You can use Kotlin for Spring boot and Android
Ok thank you sir.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by batistutajulio: 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

I replied to her for an increase to 400 EUR/Month and they are preparing my contract as a Java intern next week. do you think it is okay?

Guys, they are looking to forward to working with me and I am looking forward too. can't wait to become a full time employee!!! Europe here I come.

4 Likes

Re: Java Internship Full Time by qtguru(m): 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
batistutajulio:

I replied to her for an increase to 400 EUR/Month and they are preparing my contract as a Java intern next week. do you think it is okay?

Guys, they are looking to forward to working with me and I am looking forward too. can't wait to become a full time employee!!! Europe here I come.

That's 270k Monthly(black market) that's not bad, take it and keep studying Java, read on Java Design Patterns, Java Optionals and Java collections, all the best

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Java Internship Full Time by batistutajulio: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
qtguru:

That's 270k Monthly that's not bad, take it and keep studying Java, read on Java Design Patterns, Java Optionals and Java collections, all the best

Thank you.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by Sheriman(m): 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
LikeAking:

Oga just cool down learn only one Lang. Wen d Lang pay u can learn more... No go confuse ya sef.
Leave them. NIGERIANS dey can learn 20 languages and frameworks but they can't develop great Application with any of them.

2 Likes

Re: Java Internship Full Time by 3exe3: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2022
batistutajulio:

Congratulations....be prepared the money will increase.... always remember the reward is increase in value.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by emmyN(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2022
qtguru:

Are they open to hiring entry level devs?
Re: Java Internship Full Time by qtguru(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2022
emmyN:

Are they open to hiring entry level devs?

Entry level with basic Java Experience yes, but entry entry no.
Re: Java Internship Full Time by batistutajulio: 9:40am On Sep 28, 2022
3exe3:

Congratulations....be prepared the money will increase.... always remember the reward is increase in value.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result / The Best I.T Course To Study.... / with how Much Can I create An Online Retail Website And APP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.