Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) (24038 Views)

Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos; Four Confirmed Dead / Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) / Another Storey Building Collapsed At Kakawa, Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Angelfrost(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
So, as it stands... Residing in Lagos has currently become quite perilous! embarassed
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by sslcrypt: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
lailo:
These building were built before Tinubu came onboard in 1999. These were the gains of Lagos from reckless Nigeria's military government of corruption. The gains have become pains. Thanks to our loving and visionary daddy @ABAT for uncommon leadership. The Lagos rebuilding works are ongoing and no 1 billion Osus can stop it.

useless bstddddddd.... the curse will only be upon you
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Eltoro13: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
So sad, I hope lives weren't lost.

Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
If you see the way properties are being developed in Lagos, you would know there are still many more waiting.

Mushin
Ita-faji
Apongbon
Yaba
Daleko
Ilasamaja

All those places. All those houses need to be bulldozed. That are mostly death traps. Incidents waiting to happen.

But ofcourse, no one cares. When each one collapses we all say out fair share of "Eyas" and "Omase" and we all move on like nothing ever happened.

What a country. No value for human life.

1 Like

Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by iamsolasoul(f): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
Period007:
The building besides it should be demolished ASAP
it’s the same building just the one done with a verified architect the other is an extension.

My thoughts and prayers hope no victims but it doesn’t look like it sha. Amen Amen
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by ogelekpomgam(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
This could be as a result of structural defect.Another possible reason could be due to the swampy nature of Lagos.The soil bearing capacity could be poor, leading to what is called settlement..the transmitted load of the building through the foundation surpassing the shear stress of the soil, leading to collapse.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by TheOgaBoss: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Omihanifa:
See as the thing be like war zone
even some buildings that were bombed in Ukraine did not scatter like this
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Irupetepete: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Na abasido handwork be this, developer isonu
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by deflover(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
lailo:
These building were built before Tinubu came onboard in 1999. These were the gains of Lagos from reckless Nigeria's military government of corruption. The gains have become pains. Thanks to our loving and visionary daddy @ABAT for uncommon leadership. The Lagos rebuilding works are ongoing and no 1 billion Osus can stop it.

Stop it
Tinubu built lagos
Why are u shifting blames grin
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Bmaster(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
when nearly all the money man pikin gather is spent on purchasing land alone,why won't there be a case of using sub standard products ?
cry
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by deeva2: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
In 7 subjects, 4 F9s, 2 Ps and managed to get 1 C5.

Obi na "cupion" lace
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by boom99(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
As I park commot for one of these kin building, I just dey thank God every day. Though I surprise say the building never collapse since last year. Gov. go mark building finish for demolition, landlord go use bribe stop the demolition. It is well
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Treasure17(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Most houses in Lagos are substandard especially story buildings and those saddled with the responsibility to checkmate all these illegal constructions feign ignorance due to corruption that has become a norm in our society.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Khaysee: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
Building materials is expensive dont build story buildings if u can't afford it
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by DModeCntStopMe: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
The lagos Amoda built.

Lagos is an overrated piece of slum
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by 2rez: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
Obrigado.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by abbey621(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
Efuaye:
Lagos state government knows what to do to put an end to this menace!
Go to Surulere and Mushin axis you'll see houses visibly sinking like PISA Tower in Rome!
Besides what is wrong and difficult in providing affordable housing for the citizens?

Jakande, Gowon and Shagari did it in Lagos.

Jakande Gowon Shagari did not have to deal with over population, it is easy to care for 1 million people but when it gets to 15 million and above, it's time to start sweating especially when the federal government does not give a flip about state governments and state government does not give a flip about local governments. The problem of building collapse is not affordable housing, the problem is poor construction, cheap labor and cutting corners. Most of the houses in Mushin are over 30 years old, considering the materials and engineering back then, I'm surprised we have houses in that area still standing.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by SaLongs1(m): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lagos will soon be competing with war torn Ukraine for the highest number of collapsed buildings
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by zincnike(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Chai
Lord I pray u remove unqualified engineers for us
Na so one Yoruba experience artisan (so called engineer) was employed to come erect structure 4 east won kum do nonsense work , thank God my client contacted me to partner wt d moonchoco him 4 do wonders 4 dat house
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by zincnike(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
Fake engineers everywhere
Pls make proper investigation b4 u employ dis so called engineers
FOR THAT PROPER AND DESIRED DESIGN CONTACT ZINCTRUST INTL COY @ 08061535052
YOU WILL NEVER REGRET
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Fatteh: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Can you please connect me with someone you know there? I'm a journalist and will want to make some inquiries

Starboytwo:
Damn that’s my hood. Gotta call mi luv ones, hope everyone aight.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by alibiz: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2022
When everybody na engineer.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by adioolayi(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
Most of these old level buildings, especially at flood prone areas, are weak due to year on year floods...

Maybe old buildings will need to be demolished and rebuild
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Starboytwo(m): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Fatteh:
Can you please connect me with someone you know there? I'm a journalist and will want to make some inquiries

cant drop his number here
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by JBoss25(m): 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lalasticlala dey always promote this Tinubu, u don see say na fraud him be now.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by crafteck(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
More

Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by Olayetan(m): 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
My area and didn't hear of this, but there's no street named sonuga in Palm avenue area.
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by newoffer: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
Just one 1.0 Earthquake most houses in Lagos will be gone
Re: Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) by blueAgent(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Mario619:
Who built Lagos? He built it with half bag of cement and one tipper of sand abi?

I no call anybody name ooo

Vote OBI-DATTI

Lol...bad guy,

You forget to mention diapers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Construction Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms / Invest In Real Estate &get Turkey Permanent Residence Permit In Yalova Turkey / Gravitex Paint For Walls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.