Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb (1177 Views)

MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by Rhino5dm: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2011
By Ikeddy Isiguzo, Chairman Editorila
Board
FORMER President Ibrahim Babangida
has explained his call for the release of
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief
Security Officer to late Head of State, General Sani Abacha. Al-Mustapha is on trial for the alleged
murder of Mrs. Kudirat Abiola, whose
husband, Chief MKO Abiola, died in
detention contending for the validation
of his victory in the June 12 1993
elections. Gen. Ibrahim Babangida “ I think I need to explain the basis for
the comments,” General Babangida said
in an exclusive pre-70th birthday
interview he granted Saturday
Vanguard. “Nigerians believe in justice. They also
want to see justice being meted out to
all.

I made those comments on Al-
Mustapha simply because he has been
on trial for 14 years without a
conclusion. The duration of the trial is a cause for concern,” he explained. General Babangida continued, “Suppose
he was tried quickly and he was to
serve 21 years. Having spent 14 years,
he would have been due for amnesty.
He has spent 14 years and the case is
still inconclusive. This has dragged on for so long, which is why I am making
that appeal. “My considerations are the length of
time he spent in confinement. Suppose
at the end of the day he is not found
guilty?

How do you compensate a
young man who has spent 14 years of
his life undergoing trial? Nobody even knows when the case will finish. He
should be freed,” he said. General Ibrahim Babangida also spoke
on every matter – Al Mustapha’s trial,
Obasanjo, coups, creation of states,
privatisation, Oputa panel, tenure
elongation, zoning, and his
administration. On June 12 and Abiola, he said,“While
the crisis was going on , we met two or
three times to find a solution to the
problem.

Abiola was my friend; I will
say a good friend. The only thing that
went wrong was that the election was annulled. It did not affect our personal
relationship. At best, I will say we had
an ideological difference from that
point.” General Ibrahim Babangida speaks
exclusively to Vanguard on every
matter – Al Mustapha’s trial, Obasanjo,
coups, creation of state, privatisation,
Oputa panel, tenure elongation, zoning
and the 2015 elections, and his administration – with a candour that
you will never find elsewhere. Available
on our pages from Wednesday 17
August when the General turns 70.
Re: Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by Rhino5dm: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2011
Re: Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by rhymz(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2011
The idiot deserves a bullet in the head, fooooool
Re: Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by AndreUweh(m): 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2011
IBB is wrong in this case. If those who were involved in the Nazi mayhem are still tried till date, or even the Bosnian crisis, why not this murderers of 14 years ago. Did IBB spare those who attempted to overthrow him by force?.
Re: Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by okadaman2: 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2011
Yes Abiola was his personal friend, Mamman Vatsa too, he was actually his bestman if I recall.

Mamman Jiya Vatsa (Dec 3, 1940 - March 5, 1986) was a Nigerian soldier and writer. He was a Major-General in the Nigerian army, Minister of the Federal Capital Abuja, and a member of the Supreme Military Council. He was executed by the Nigerian Government of Major General Ibrahim Babangida on March 5 1986 following accusations of his involvement in an abortive coup.

Mamman Vatsa was also an accomplished poet and writer, publishing eight poetry collections for adults and eleven for children, with titles such as Back Again at Wargate (1982), Reach for the Skies (1984) and Verses for Nigerian State Capitals (1973). His books are about ordinary people's lives and simple creatures including the Pidgin collection Tori for geti bow leg (1981), his cultural picture book in Hausa, Bikin Suna, and a charming picture storybook, Stinger the Scorpion (1979).

He was a facilitator and patron of the arts in Nigeria where he organized writing workshops for his fellow soldiers and their children and got their works published. He helped the Children's Literature Association of Nigeria with funds, built a Writers' Village for the Association of Nigerian Authors, and hosted their annual conferences.

Most of IBB's personal friends die tragic deaths, if he does not kill them himself, he will find someone else to do it. Pray never to be IBB's personal friend, if you doubt, call Dele Giwa. Erm sorry. . .he's dead too. Blown to pieces!

IBB wants Al-Mustapha released for two reasons:

1. So he can stop talking, (too much talk will spill dangerous beans)

2. So he can Kill him quickly and bury secrets.

Read this guys story about IBB: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-302365.0.html
Re: Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
Andre Uweh:

IBB is wrong in this case. If those who were involved in the Nazi mayhem are still tried till date, or even the Bosnian crisis, why not this murderers of 14 years ago. Did IBB spare those who attempted to overthrow him by force?.
Ask that iddiot who ought to be shot.Will he asked for such release if mustapha had been a yoruba or southerner ? Where was he when Abacha wanted to kill Diya and co ? When Nzeogwu killed their own sardauna and the sultan,they were screaming kill the coupists.Why should this one be spared ?
Re: Why I Want Al-mustapha Freed--ibb by Abagworo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2011
The thing about IBB is that he is too brainy.He is aware that Jonathan will free Al-Mustapha and he is trying to make amends by publicly calling for his release.IBB was instrumental to Al-Mustapha's fate and wish he died long ago.There will be a power swing in the North where the Abacha boys are likely to retake power from Kaduna mafia which IBB belongs.He will work his way into the group as usual.

(1) (Reply)

Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? / Taped Pre-interview With Babakura Alhaji Fugu Just Before His Assasination / Unbelievevable:senator Buys Jeep&house For Top Nollywood Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.