Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? (1177 Views)

Home Of Former IGP, Hafiz-Ringim Bombed / Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK / I Did My Best - Former IGP Hafiz Ringim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
Its no longer news to us when a bombing occurs in Nigeria anymore. Since the October 1st bombing which was attributed to Henry Okah, there has been no solution to this problem. As a matter of fact, apart from the crackdown raids done by army no body has been successfully prosecuted, no sponsors caught absolutely nothing, just the same ol' "we are ontop of the situation and Nigerians should go about their businesses without fear" statement as usual.

I would have thought that after the headquarters bombing in which he almost died, he would have resigned but thats apparently not the case.

So please does anyone here know why one of the most incompetent Inspector General of Police ever has not been fired?
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by kodewrita(m): 8:12am On Sep 06, 2011
Please tell us how firing him will stop the bombings? this is not NFA you know? he's not a technical adviser that you fire after every tournament. he's doing a job and doing his best.
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by generalzango(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2011
kadewrita, don't mind d idiot! Let him go! Ask his father that question, his just too stupid, he does not have media appliances in his house that why he doesn't know whats happenning .
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:20am On Sep 06, 2011
Since October 1 of last year when the first Bomb went off in Abuja till date, not one prosecution and you are telling me he is doing a good Job, yet GEJ just fired his special adviser on security abi terrorism?
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2011
generalzango:

kadewrita, don't mind d ! Let him go! Ask his father that question, his just too silly, he does not have media appliances in his house that why he doesn't know whats happenning .

Maybe I am silly, and only listen to the news on my a.m radio, but that dosent change the fact that the I.G is absolutely clueless as to how to tackle the menace of Boko Haram,

Carrot and Stick measure, I laugh at wisdom mr. 3-D hdmi media appliance owner.
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by 13volts(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2011
IGP to resign? for what reason? tribal sentiment I guess. To show you are objective in your criticism I expect you to include the chief of amry staff an iboman wholes battalion are commiting genocide in jos and maiduguri, or abI bomb no explode for army barracks
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2011
I knew that someone was gonna try to make this look tribalistic, Maybe, just maybe, Rigim isnt doing nothing because the culprits are his tribesmen, lol.

All I am saying is, if Rigim is incompetent to stem the Boko Haram menace and a Yoruba, Igbo or middle belter can, then please F, tribal sentiments and get that person into office so he or she can tackle this problem. I wasnt thinking along tribal lines when I wrote this, all I am saying is next month is the 1 year bombing anniversary in Nigeria and Rigim does not have one convicted culprit to show us as evidence of his Job well done>>
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by FACE(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2011
Ringim's appointment shouldn't have happened in the first place. Mr President played a bad hand from the start or his hands were forced.

Ringim was in charge of Zone (6 ?) with Umuahia as headquaters when kidnapping reigned supreme in Aba and he was rewarded by promoting him to IGP at the very period that the height of his incompetence was at its peak.

How do you expect a man who couldn't solve the problem in Aba to solve a problem that has engulfed a significant portion of the country ?

I am still behind Goodluck, but he should grow some balls and fire those that need to be fired.
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by 13volts(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
like the chief of army sstaff or national security adviser
Re: Why Hasnt The I.g Hafiz Rigim Resigned Or Been Fired? by FACE(m): 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
13volts:

like the chief of army sstaff or national security adviser

Yes, like NSO but I can't see what the army has got to do with internal security unless they have been deployed to keep peace.

In any case, the army can only deploy on orders from CICAF, therefore I don't see how you can blame the army for not carrying out a mission they were not sent on.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievevable:senator Buys Jeep&house For Top Nollywood Actress / Petroleum Product Susidy(nigeria) Vs Agricultural Subsidy (us) / TINUBU WORSE THAN ABACHA & IBB. -SEN. OBANIKORO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.