Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D (2569 Views)

Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Help - My Car Gear Won't Shift Until I Remove My Leg on Gas Pedal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by UrPapa: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
staneless:

Well ,I forgot to ask for the code. But there's nothing bad or wrong if I decide to go online to see if I can find solution to my car's problem...u know? like watching YouTube videos relating to the problem.
Bro, don’t rely on google to diagnose anything
My car air intake resonator fell from its clip so while driving, the car will just shut itself off, everything will stop working except the brakes and once it comes to a stop like diz. If I don’t stop and restart the engine, it won’t move again. According to the symptoms, google recommended that I change some certain fuses which cost about 50k in total den. One mechanic even said it’s oil. I sha managed to get it home and when my mechanic checked it, he just picked the resonator plastic and fixed it back and the car got back to perfect condition. Imagine ooo. Ordinary plastic
If I had relied on google, I would have wasted about 50k and I might even tamper with something else in the process

3 Likes

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by mayor2013: 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2022
staneless:

You mean I should buy a brand new ECU? shocked

Think deep about what I said and you shall seek the answer. Good luck on your quest to fixing your vehicle
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by staneless(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2022
[quote author=easytig post=116956355][/quote]

I have don that, sir...pls check
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by easytig(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2022
Have replied your mail, hmmmmm want to know did you buy the Rio brand new or is it naijaa used and how long have you used it.
How many kilometres is on the dash.if you are the first user of the car maybe ECU repair is tenable, but if you are not the first user then I advised you to buy a new ECU.so that the car will start from another new slate.maybe the previous owner had abuse it with wrong fluid.
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by staneless(m): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2022
easytig:
Have replied your mail, hmmmmm want to know did you buy the Rio brand new or is it naijaa used and how long have you used it.
How many kilometres is on the dash.if you are the first user of the car maybe ECU repair is tenable, but if you are not the first user then I advised you to buy a new ECU.so that the car will start from another new slate.maybe the previous owner had abuse it with wrong fluid.

Pls check your email, I sent you my number (WhatsApp number)
The car was bought brand new by the 1st user in Nigeria. I'm the 2nd user. I bought it last year July with 129k mileage on the dash
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by kolaaderin: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2022
easytig:
The brainbox has been contaminated,the expensive way to surmount this issue is to buy a new brainbox which the market value as at now is currently 130k in ladipo.

Or

In the current brainbox of your Kia rio,the ic called tle2288r must be replaced along with the defective capacitors.then your car will function normal.i know a guy at ladipo who repairs it I can link u if you care,tho his price will be around 18k.

And also you will buy sp111 AT fluid,drain the old fluid and use recommended fluid,just four quarts only ,a quart is 4k.i can link you to the seller in olanibi street ladipo.forget what that mechanic is telling you, don't waste your money

you mean gearbox not brainbox
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by kolaaderin: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
staneless:
Hello house, I have a 2013 Kia Rio with shifting problem. I had noticed sometimes that whenever I shift to *D* and try to move, the car feels so heavy like it's dragging something behind. What I normally do is turn off the engine and start it again and the issue would go away and it will take months to happen again. But of recent, it has become frequent to the point that I hate driving the car. I was referred to an auto transmission mechanic who scanned the car and told me it's the valve body. He said current is not reaching one of the solenoid valve due to a broken flex wire and advised me to change the valve body of the gear box.

Last night I did some research about it and discovered my car has entered what they called "limp mode". According to what I read, they said when a car enters limp mode, the culprit is usually from the brainbox.

Right now, I am confused and don't know what to do. Please, is there anyone in the house who had experienced this particular problem (gear stuck in 3rd gear and won't go beyond or below gear 3 when you shift to Drive) and what did you do to get it fixed? I wouldn't want any mechanic to carryout guess work on the car to avoid spending unnecessarily. Country hard, money no dey to chop, talk more of spending it on a car. Make una help a brother, pls. Thank you.
my sincere advice to you before you go on wild chase of spending money with no result, summon courage and replace that gear box with a direct tokunbo gear.
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by igbogbojohn: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2023
I will like to speak to you concerning this @easytig thanks

easytig:
The brainbox has been contaminated,the expensive way to surmount this issue is to buy a new brainbox which the market value as at now is currently 130k in ladipo.

Or

In the current brainbox of your Kia rio,the ic called tle2288r must be replaced along with the defective capacitors.then your car will function normal.i know a guy at ladipo who repairs it I can link u if you care,tho his price will be around 18k.

And also you will buy sp111 AT fluid,drain the old fluid and use recommended fluid,just four quarts only ,a quart is 4k.i can link you to the seller in olanibi street ladipo.forget what that mechanic is telling you, don't waste your money
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by easytig(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2023
Hello,what do you want to speak about,am all ears 👂
igbogbojohn:
I will like to speak to you concerning this @easytig thanks

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by igbogbojohn: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
My Kia Rio 2012 was stuck on limp mode that the gear 3 issue it was later fixed through the ecu. The ecu was repaired. It’s now changing gear but they put holts transmission and it still works but I noticed if I put it in drive with the gear stick the car shakes a bit and in reverse samething with a second delay response in reverse. Pls what is causing this? Is it the gear oil? But on drive it changes gear.

easytig:
Hello,what do you want to speak about,am all ears 👂
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by easytig(m): 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
Holts transmission fluid made your car go into limp mode to prevent further damage to the gearbox,drain it off as soon as possible,the right fluid is sp iii or sp iv,you will never enjoy the car unless you use the recommended fluid.dont let that Holts destroy your transmission change it fast. What made you use Holts in the first place.
igbogbojohn:
My Kia Rio 2012 was stuck on limp mode that the gear 3 issue it was later fixed through the ecu. The ecu was repaired. It’s now changing gear but they put holts transmission and it still works but I noticed if I put it in drive with the gear stick the car shakes a bit and in reverse samething with a second delay response in reverse. Pls what is causing this? Is it the gear oil? But on drive it changes gear.

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by easytig(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
If you or your mechanic have no clue where you can get sp iii ,I will connect you,Holts is a fluid for cars manufactured in the late eighties ,the Holts fluid can't cope with modern day transmission,it will disappoint.
igbogbojohn:

1 Like

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by easytig(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
You need to first of all slap the idiot that put Holts in your tranny,some Nigerian mechanics are just stark illiterate and ignorant.the earlier you drain and refill the better or else you will buy Toks transmission for an arm and leg,dollar ain't smiling
igbogbojohn:

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by igbogbojohn: 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Honestly the mechanic is just a fool. Pls give me your transmission oil connect for the sp3 or 4 also how many liters should be bought and what’s the cost like? Thanks a lot

easytig:
You need to first of all slap the idiot that put Holts in your tranny,some Nigerian mechanics are just stark illiterate and ignorant.the earlier you drain and refill the better or else you will buy Toks transmission for an arm and leg,dollar ain't smiling
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by igbogbojohn: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Honestly the mechanic is just a fool. Pls give me your transmission oil connect for the sp3 or 4 also how many liters should be bought and what’s the cost like? Thanks a lot.

quote author=easytig post=123724997]You need to first of all slap the idiot that put Holts in your tranny,some Nigerian mechanics are just stark illiterate and ignorant.the earlier you drain and refill the better or else you will buy Toks transmission for an arm and leg,dollar ain't smiling [/quote]
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by easytig(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Call Zero703166233nine (ikenna) he is in ladipo,he sells spiii and sp iv and various original oils for vehicles.the price might have come up due to dollar wahala

igbogbojohn:
Honestly the mechanic is just a fool. Pls give me your transmission oil connect for the sp3 or 4 also how many liters should be bought and what’s the cost like? Thanks a lot.

quote author=easytig post=123724997]You need to first of all slap the idiot that put Holts in your tranny,some Nigerian mechanics are just stark illiterate and ignorant.the earlier you drain and refill the better or else you will buy Toks transmission for an arm and leg,dollar ain't smiling

2 Likes

Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by NCFarms: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
easytig:

Or

Thank you very much sir for this solution, I have been having this exact issue with my Kia Picanto 2013
Re: Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D by NCFarms: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
igbogbojohn:

Greetings boss, please can I have the contact of the person who fixed your ECU, thank you. I appreciate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does This Codes Mean P0974 P0141 P0161 For Honda Accord Eod V6 2004 Model / Should He Go For This Car Or Not? / Please I Need Opinions On Carina E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.