Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. (1304 Views)

Will Bad People Burn In Hell? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
There is a wrong notion that it is bad people who go to hell. But this is not true. Good people go to hell too. In fact, lots of good people are already in hell. And some bad people made heaven. How do I mean?

Your ticket to heaven is not how good you are. Your salvation is free gift that is offered on the platform of grace.

But if you reject the free gift of salvation, no matter how good you are, you will end up in hell.

And some people who are bad but later received the free gift of salvation will make heaven.

Remember the thief that was crucified with Christ. With just a simple request from our Lord Jesus, he made it.

So, stop thinking that you will make heaven because you are good. No is good before God. You must be born again.

It's not about joining a church or trying to do good. You must believe that Jesus died for you and accept him as your Lord and Saviour.

So, don't risk your life. Give your life to Jesus now and avoid that terrible place. Once you are in, there is no way out except a few people that get a second chance. And it is very rare to have a second chance.

Hell is real. Heaven is much more real. Where you end up depends on what you did with the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Skeepolee: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wahala no too much?
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by budaatum: 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:
There is a wrong notion that it is bad people who go to hell. But this is not true. Good people go to hell too. In fact, lots of good people are already in hell. And some bad people made heaven. How do I mean?

You must believe that Jesus died for you and accept him as your Lord and Saviour.

I guess you've been to both to check with your own eyes and seen lots of good people in hell. You wouldn't say so otherwise, so I will indeed take your word for it.

Thanks for letting me know I can rob people and not love my neighbour and covet their husband and still go to heaven if I just "believe that Jesus died for you and accept him as your Lord and Saviour".

I must say, I doubt if I need him now though since all his teachings were the opposite of what you saw, with your own eyes, because according to what I read about him he seems to have taught the opposite of what you are saying you saw.

1 Like

Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
budaatum:

I guess you've been to both to check with your own eyes and seen lots of good people in hell. You wouldn't say so otherwise, so I will indeed take your word for it.

Thanks for letting me know I can rob people and not love my neighbour and covet their husband and still go to heaven if I just "believe that Jesus died for you and accept him as your Lord and Saviour".

I must say, I doubt if I need him now though since all his teachings were the opposite of what you saw, with your own eyes, because according to what I read about him he seems to have taught the opposite of what you are saying you saw.

If you do evil deliberately with the hope of repenting later, the opportunity may never come.

It is those who do it ignorantly that are easily reached by the mercy of God like it happened to Paul. Hence, he said;

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it IGNORANTLY in unbelief
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Your ticket to heaven is not how good you are. Your salvation is free gift that is offered on the platform of grace. But if you reject the free gift of salvation, no matter how good you are, you will end up in hell. And some people who are bad but later received the free gift of salvation will make heaven.

2. Remember the thief that was crucified with Christ. With just a simple request from our Lord Jesus, he made it. So, stop thinking that you will make heaven because you are good. No is good before God. You must be born again..
1. This free gift of salvation soundbite is another whole load on its own. Jesus Christ talk say salvation which He offers is meant to cost men everything - you have to sell everything you have and give it all away in order to obtain heaven. He even told parables to this regard - Matthew 13 vs 42 - 44 - but His teachings are conveniently ignored by those who claim to preach what they call His Gospel. No be juju be that? undecided

How can salvation be free if you are to give up everything you have in order to have it? undecided

2. According to the same Jesus Christ, all those who will be in Hell at the end will also all be born-again, so? undecided

That said, the standard of goodness/righteousness in the Kingdom of God is Jesus Christ and He made clear the criteria by which the good/Righteous/sheep and the bad/unrighteous/goats will be judged from over 2000 years ago. It is not based on the claims of individuals, your pastors and mogs nor their churches. So anyone who falls short of God's high standard of goodness will ofcourse never have Heaven. Better yet, anyone who refuses to buy Heaven, also refusing to obey all of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments here on earth will never obtain Heaven. undecided
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by budaatum: 1:30am On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

If you do evil deliberately with the hope of repenting later, the opportunity may never come.

It is those who do it ignorantly that are easily reached by the mercy of God like it happened to Paul. Hence, he said;

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it IGNORANTLY in unbelief

I like this. I can just refuse to learn and sin plenty sin, and my excuse is, I was ignorant.

Except there might be a problem. For how the hell do I learn all Christ taught by opening my eyes and still claim I sinned ignorantly? Wouldn't I have to have learnt nothing for that excuse to work?

Oh silly me! Of course I don't have to learn. I don't even need to read the Jesus Book, because one must just believe according to you, so one can ignorantly sin. And I must indeed believe you because you checked and you saw.

Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Steep(m): 1:45am On Sep 24, 2022
True.
Alot of good people are in hell.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by budaatum: 1:52am On Sep 24, 2022
Steep:
True.

You too been there and saw a lot of good people in hell?

Why bother being good if hell might be the reward, and how the hell did they get there?

1 Like

Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by dattaswami1: 2:29am On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:
There.....
And some people who are bad but later received ......... end up depends on what you did with the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

One shall avoid the following vices::

There are six vices, which are 1) illegal sex (kama), 2) violence (krodha), 3) greediness (corruption of money), 4) fascination (moha), 5) Ego (mada) and 6) jealousy (maatsarya). The first three affect other souls and hence are considered to be strong sins or main gates to the hell as per the Gita. The latter three are not serious in case others are not affected.

Illegal sex with some soul pains its life partner to a very deep extent. Violence to kill living beings for food and killing people for various reasons like rowdyism or terrorism is the greatest sin. Earning unlawful money by exploiting others is also a very serious sin since the affected persons suffer a lot.

Out of these six vices, the first three are very serious leading the soul certainly to hell since these three sins are harming others. The latter three sins do not lead to hell provided there is no damage to others. If you have fascination to world, you need not go to hell if your fascination to your wife/husband or issues or money does not harm others. Similarly, your ego will not take you to hell as long as your ego doesn’t hurt others.
Similarly, your jealousy towards others will not give any punishment in hell if it is not harming others. Sometimes, jealousy also helps you in your development. If you examine the first three sins, your anger/violence will certainly damage others. Similarly, your greediness for money is resulting in corruption by which you are stealing others’ money by which others suffer. Similarly, your illegal sex will certainly cause suffering to others.
When Dharmaraja asked his grandfather, Bhishma, about the essence of justice, Bhishma replied that the essence of justice is that one should not do that to others, which, if is done by others to him results in hurting himself. Therefore, the criminal nature of the sin resulting in punishment is always due to only damage done by yourself to others. Hence, God in the Gita mentioned that only these three sins are the main gates to hell, which are violence, financial corruption and illegal sex.
The foremost sin is violence to kill other living beings for the sake of food or some other personal grudge. God Brahma becomes furious by this sin because He alone is the authority to grant longevity. When you do not have power to give life to a killed living being, you do not have any right to kill any living being. The death sentence given by a judge should be ultimate. It means that before implementing death sentence to a living being, you should give several chances to the soul for rectification of sin by reformation.
Reformation is the real aim of any punishment and not vengeance. You are hanging a person to death for the only reason that the criminal may kill another human being. If reformation is achieved and the sin is not practically repeated, there is no need of punishment. Similarly, killing a living being for food is the top most level of this first sin. You must always imagine that you are captured by a demon, which is going to eat you!
Whatever agony you feel in that time and during the time of cutting your body by the jaws of the demon, the same agony is felt by that living being, being killed for the sake of your food! God Brahma represents the quality of Rajas and the anger in violence is also due to Rajas only. This is the qualitative link.
The second type of sin is stealing by cheating or robbing others money by force. Money is Goddess Lakshmi and hence this type of sin makes God Vishnu to become furious. Today, almost everyone is a victim of corruption. Before cheating somebody for the sake of money, you should analyse the damage done to others especially poor people.

You must at least avoid corruption in the case of poor people. If you rob the wealth of a sinner, that money should not be enjoyed by yourself and your family members. That should be spent to serve the beggars or should be spent for spiritual purpose.
You may digest even most dangerous poison but not the sinful money, which will destroy yourself and your family. It is said that the sinful money earned by you comes like a railway engine to carry away by linking with your earned money through justice also, which is like a series of compartments standing on the track by the side of a platform (Anyaayenaarjitam vittam sahamoolam vinashyati).
Vishnu stands for the quality of Sattvam, which is knowledge and analysis. You must analyze carefully whenever you earn or spend money. Most of the people spend money in the way that leads them to hell only. Expenditure or donation of money also leads you to hell. Everybody is spending lot of money on functions donating to relatives and friends, who have enough food in their homes.
You spend lot of money on a function due to your desire to expose yourself based on ego. You deny food to a beggar dying with hunger. You calculate to give food to a devotee or spiritual preacher coming to your house, who helps you in elevating your spiritual knowledge or devotion.
Money is never wasted because its expenditure will either bring good (Punyam) or bad (Paapam). Even if you throw money into river to call it as wastage, such act is also a sin. Hence, you should be very careful with deep analysis while earning or spending money.
The third type of sin is illegal sex, which is based on blind lust linked to the quality of Tamas. God Shiva stands for Tamas and becomes furious due to this sin. Just you observe Lord Shiva, who burnt the cupid enraging lust in any living being. You must always meditate upon Lord Shiva to avoid this sin. If you are cheating a husband by going with his wife or cheating a father by going with his daughter, imagine yourself standing in the place of such husband and father! By which you are hurt, you should not do the same to others as said above by Bhishma.
God created this world and is very particular of the justice, peace and balance of this society. You must avoid these three types of sins at least due to fear to hell created by God. This is the minimum and maximum expectation of God from a human being. God is not furious even if the human being is an atheist provided the atheist avoids the above three types of sins. Even an atheist is granted heaven if he/she follows the justice avoiding the sins. In fact, God maintains the atheists because they are also in Divine service. They do the service of God by acting as examiners to devotees.
On hearing the criticism of God from an atheist, whether the devotion of a devotee is shaken or not is the test. They criticize theists doing sins and this develops alertness and care in devotees. They disprove the false miracles done by exploiters, which is very much essential to save the devotees from false trap of false devotees and pseudo human incarnations.
If you are living as per this minimum and maximum expectation of God, He is pleased with you even if you are an atheist. He never encourages devotion. Devotion is the field started by human souls only and not God. God creates several obstructions to the devotion in the name of tests as we see the life histories of several devotees.

Control of the three principle sins in this world, by which full justice and peace are established, is the main concentration of God in His preaching. The owner of an industry always puts primary effort in seeing that all the workers in the industry work with full justice, peace and harmony (Pravrutti). Arjuna asked the Lord for the reason that forces every soul to do the sin in practical situation. The Lord said that the wrong knowledge very strongly impressed on the mind of the soul for several births is the reason and the only solution for this is an equivalent impression of correct knowledge that destroys the past impressions, which are the six vices.

A diamond alone can cut another diamond. After hearing true knowledge (Shravana), it should be memorized (Manana) continuously through the propagation till it becomes very strong decision (Nididhyaasa).
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. If you do evil deliberately with the hope of repenting later, the opportunity may never come.

1. According to Jesus Christ only those who stand faithful- living their life in continuous submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments- until the end will be saved- Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 . Following that, it is safe to conclude that a one who deliberately does evil with the hope of repenting later has little hope of Heaven as it such an act directly grieves the Holy Spirit, the one who guides the steps of those who live their lives in continuous submission to the Truth of God. undecided

It is impossible to fool good or play one over Him and the idea that one can simply ask forgiveness for last minute sins before the end and still be saved is a lie born of the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) this since a live lived in faithfulness is a life lived free from bandage to sin, a feat that cannot be achieve in even a matter of days - John 8 vs 31 - 35 undecided
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by DanieleLorenzo: 4:41am On Sep 24, 2022
When you thought you've heard it all, kaboom, this one drops.grin

1 Like

Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:24am On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:
There is a wrong notion that it is bad people who go to hell. But this is not true. Good people go to hell too. In fact, lots of good people are already in hell. And some bad people made heaven. How do I mea...

See yourself! You did not show even one good person in hell or one evil person in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2022
dattaswami1:

One shall avoid the following vices::

There are six vices, which are 1) illegal sex (kama), 2) violence (krodha), 3) greediness (corruption of money), 4) fascination (moha), 5) Ego (mada) and 6) jealousy (maatsarya). The first three affect other souls and hence are considered to be strong sins or main gates to the hell as per the Gita. The latter three are not serious in case others are not affected.

Illegal sex with some soul pains its life partner to a very deep extent. Violence to kill living beings for food and killing people for various reasons like rowdyism or terrorism is the greatest sin. Earning unlawful money by exploiting others is also a very serious sin since the affected persons suffer a lot.

Out of these six vices, the first three are very serious leading the soul certainly to hell since these three sins are harming others. The latter three sins do not lead to hell provided there is no damage to others. If you have fascination to world, you need not go to hell if your fascination to your wife/husband or issues or money does not harm others. Similarly, your ego will not take you to hell as long as your ego doesn’t hurt others.
Similarly, your jealousy towards others will not give any punishment in hell if it is not harming others. Sometimes, jealousy also helps you in your development. If you examine the first three sins, your anger/violence will certainly damage others. Similarly, your greediness for money is resulting in corruption by which you are stealing others’ money by which others suffer. Similarly, your illegal sex will certainly cause suffering to others.
When Dharmaraja asked his grandfather, Bhishma, about the essence of justice, Bhishma replied that the essence of justice is that one should not do that to others, which, if is done by others to him results in hurting himself. Therefore, the criminal nature of the sin resulting in punishment is always due to only damage done by yourself to others. Hence, God in the Gita mentioned that only these three sins are the main gates to hell, which are violence, financial corruption and illegal sex.
The foremost sin is violence to kill other living beings for the sake of food or some other personal grudge. God Brahma becomes furious by this sin because He alone is the authority to grant longevity. When you do not have power to give life to a killed living being, you do not have any right to kill any living being. The death sentence given by a judge should be ultimate. It means that before implementing death sentence to a living being, you should give several chances to the soul for rectification of sin by reformation.
Reformation is the real aim of any punishment and not vengeance. You are hanging a person to death for the only reason that the criminal may kill another human being. If reformation is achieved and the sin is not practically repeated, there is no need of punishment. Similarly, killing a living being for food is the top most level of this first sin. You must always imagine that you are captured by a demon, which is going to eat you!
Whatever agony you feel in that time and during the time of cutting your body by the jaws of the demon, the same agony is felt by that living being, being killed for the sake of your food! God Brahma represents the quality of Rajas and the anger in violence is also due to Rajas only. This is the qualitative link.
The second type of sin is stealing by cheating or robbing others money by force. Money is Goddess Lakshmi and hence this type of sin makes God Vishnu to become furious. Today, almost everyone is a victim of corruption. Before cheating somebody for the sake of money, you should analyse the damage done to others especially poor people.

You must at least avoid corruption in the case of poor people. If you rob the wealth of a sinner, that money should not be enjoyed by yourself and your family members. That should be spent to serve the beggars or should be spent for spiritual purpose.
You may digest even most dangerous poison but not the sinful money, which will destroy yourself and your family. It is said that the sinful money earned by you comes like a railway engine to carry away by linking with your earned money through justice also, which is like a series of compartments standing on the track by the side of a platform (Anyaayenaarjitam vittam sahamoolam vinashyati).
Vishnu stands for the quality of Sattvam, which is knowledge and analysis. You must analyze carefully whenever you earn or spend money. Most of the people spend money in the way that leads them to hell only. Expenditure or donation of money also leads you to hell. Everybody is spending lot of money on functions donating to relatives and friends, who have enough food in their homes.
You spend lot of money on a function due to your desire to expose yourself based on ego. You deny food to a beggar dying with hunger. You calculate to give food to a devotee or spiritual preacher coming to your house, who helps you in elevating your spiritual knowledge or devotion.
Money is never wasted because its expenditure will either bring good (Punyam) or bad (Paapam). Even if you throw money into river to call it as wastage, such act is also a sin. Hence, you should be very careful with deep analysis while earning or spending money.
The third type of sin is illegal sex, which is based on blind lust linked to the quality of Tamas. God Shiva stands for Tamas and becomes furious due to this sin. Just you observe Lord Shiva, who burnt the cupid enraging lust in any living being. You must always meditate upon Lord Shiva to avoid this sin. If you are cheating a husband by going with his wife or cheating a father by going with his daughter, imagine yourself standing in the place of such husband and father! By which you are hurt, you should not do the same to others as said above by Bhishma.
God created this world and is very particular of the justice, peace and balance of this society. You must avoid these three types of sins at least due to fear to hell created by God. This is the minimum and maximum expectation of God from a human being. God is not furious even if the human being is an atheist provided the atheist avoids the above three types of sins. Even an atheist is granted heaven if he/she follows the justice avoiding the sins. In fact, God maintains the atheists because they are also in Divine service. They do the service of God by acting as examiners to devotees.
On hearing the criticism of God from an atheist, whether the devotion of a devotee is shaken or not is the test. They criticize theists doing sins and this develops alertness and care in devotees. They disprove the false miracles done by exploiters, which is very much essential to save the devotees from false trap of false devotees and pseudo human incarnations.
If you are living as per this minimum and maximum expectation of God, He is pleased with you even if you are an atheist. He never encourages devotion. Devotion is the field started by human souls only and not God. God creates several obstructions to the devotion in the name of tests as we see the life histories of several devotees.

Control of the three principle sins in this world, by which full justice and peace are established, is the main concentration of God in His preaching. The owner of an industry always puts primary effort in seeing that all the workers in the industry work with full justice, peace and harmony (Pravrutti). Arjuna asked the Lord for the reason that forces every soul to do the sin in practical situation. The Lord said that the wrong knowledge very strongly impressed on the mind of the soul for several births is the reason and the only solution for this is an equivalent impression of correct knowledge that destroys the past impressions, which are the six vices.

A diamond alone can cut another diamond. After hearing true knowledge (Shravana), it should be memorized (Manana) continuously through the propagation till it becomes very strong decision (Nididhyaasa).

Apostle Paul was a murderer but he received mercy and got saved.

Rahab was a prostitute but she and her household were saved because she hid the spies.

The thief on the cross was a bad man but he got saved just by one plea.

I have seen those involved in witchcraft activities gotten saved and some of them are servants of God.

My point is that no one should think he will make heaven because of his good works. It's by his mercy.

And don't write someone off because he appears bad. God can save anyone.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Steep(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
budaatum:

You too been there and saw a lot of good people in hell?

Why bother being good if hell might be the reward, and how the hell did they get there?
they get there because of sin and there is nobody that has no sin. By God's standard there is nobody that is good because we all are sinners both by birth and by deeds.

God is a perfect God he cannot allow sin into his kingdom.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
budaatum:

I like this. I can just refuse to learn and sin plenty sin, and my excuse is, I was ignorant.

Except there might be a problem. For how the hell do I learn all Christ taught by opening my eyes and still claim I sinned ignorantly? Wouldn't I have to have learnt nothing for that excuse to work?

Oh silly me! Of course I don't have to learn. I don't even need to read the Jesus Book, because one must just believe according to you, so one can ignorantly sin. And I must indeed believe you because you checked and you saw.

God who searches the hearts knows those who are committing sin deliberately and those who do it ignorantly.

When you deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, you stand the risk of incurring God's wrath.

Instead of all these arguments, accept Jesus now as your Lord and Saviour and he will give you the grace to live right and be heaven bound.

If if you make mistakes, forgiveness is available for you.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Daniel058(m): 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Your ticket to heaven is not how good you are. Your salvation is free gift that is offered on the platform of grace.

But if you reject the free gift of salvation, no matter how good you are, you will end up in hell.

And some people who are bad but later received the free gift of salvation will make heaven.

Remember the thief that was crucified with Christ. With just a simple request from our Lord Jesus, he made it.

So, stop thinking that you will make heaven because you are good. No is good before God. You must be born again.

It's not about joining a church or trying to do good. You must believe that Jesus died for you and accept him as your Lord and Saviour.

So, don't risk your life. Give your life to Jesus now and avoid that terrible place. Once you are in, there is no way out except a few people that get a second chance. And it is very rare to have a second chance.

Hell is real. Heaven is much more real. Where you end up depends on what you did with the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Romans 8vs1 (KJV version)

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2022
Daniel058:

Romans 8vs1 (KJV version)

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:12-14
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
Daniel058:
Romans 8vs1 (KJV version) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ken4Christ:
Romans 8:12-14
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
To understand paul's view as expressed in his letters, you have to first understand Jesus Christ, the Gospels of the Kingdom of God,and then you have to carefully pay attention to context so you are not easily misled by his use of words. undecided
1. So now anyone who is in Christ Jesus is not judged guilty.
2 That is because in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit that brings life made you free. It made you free from the law that brings sin and death.
3 The law was without power because it was made weak by our sinful selves. But God did what the law could not do: He sent his own Son to earth with the same human life that everyone else uses for sin. God sent him to be an offering to pay for sin. So God used a human life to destroy sin.
4 He did this so that we could be right just as the law said we must be. Now we don’t live following our sinful selves. We live following the Spirit.
5 People who live following their sinful selves think only about what they want. But those who live following the Spirit are thinking about what the Spirit wants them to do.
6 If your thinking is controlled by your sinful self, there is spiritual death. But if your thinking is controlled by the Spirit, there is life and peace.
7 Why is this true? Because anyone whose thinking is controlled by their sinful self is against God. They refuse to obey God’s law. And really they are not able to obey it.
8 Those who are ruled by their sinful selves cannot please God.
9 But you are not ruled by your sinful selves. You are ruled by the Spirit, if that Spirit of God really lives in you. But whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.
10 Your body will always be dead because of sin. But if Christ is in you, then the Spirit gives you life, because Christ made you right with God.
11 God raised Jesus from death. And if God’s Spirit lives in you, he will also give life to your bodies that die. Yes, God is the one who raised Christ from death, and he will raise you to life through his Spirit living in you.
12 So, my brothers and sisters, we must not be ruled by our sinful selves. We must not live the way our sinful selves want.
13 If you use your lives to do what your sinful selves want, you will die spiritually. But if you use the Spirit’s help to stop doing the wrong things you do with your body, you will have true life.
14 The true children of God are those who let God’s Spirit lead them.
15 The Spirit that we received is not a spirit that makes us slaves again and causes us to fear. The Spirit that we have makes us God’s chosen children. And with that Spirit we cry out, “ Abba, Father.”
16 And the Spirit himself speaks to our spirits and makes us sure that we are God’s children.
17 If we are God’s children, we will get the blessings God has for his people. He will give us all that he has given Christ. But we must suffer like Christ suffered. Then we will be able to share his glory. - Romans 8 vs 1 - 17
To understand verse 1 - 4, read John 3 vs 16 - 21 for clarification. As for what Paul said in verses 12 - 14, read John 8 vs 31 - 35 for for explanation of what Paul is speaking of, and for verses 15 - 17... read John 14 vs 15 - 26 for a more in-depth meaning of Paul's position there. undecided
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Apostle Paul was a murderer but he received mercy and got saved.

Rahab was a prostitute but she and her household were saved because she hid the spies.

The thief on the cross was a bad man but he got saved just by one plea.

I have seen those involved in witchcraft activities gotten saved and some of them are servants of God.

My point is that no one should think he will make heaven because of his good works. It's by his mercy.

And don't write someone off because he appears bad. God can save anyone.

Wrong!
Paul thought he was working for God in his pursuit which reasonable man does not understand that he made an honest mistake?

Rahab got her due! She Feared God and the fact that God was with Isreal, so she knew since Isreal had come against her city, then they were in peril. So since she gave escape to the spies, she got escape from God, as God's Law hath Set. So unless, she thereafter followed Isreal, then she was not saved.

The thief on the cross gave Christ the sweet life of Pure Justice of declaring Him Innocent, when the evil people unjustly took away His Life. Again, in fulfilment of The Law, Christ therefore gave him life too.

As Samuel hath told Saul, he that obeyeth, fulfills The Law!

And The Law hath commandeth
"And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord: that it may be well with thee,.." Deut. 6:18

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him;" Isaiah 55:7

Clearly Paul and the thief on the cross turned away from their evil to The Lord at their earliest opportunity.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by CaptMarvel(m): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

No
One
Is
Good
Except
GOD
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2022
Steep:
True.

shocked! how can you say this? has thy light started going out?

name one good person in hell?
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Steep(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

shocked! how can you say this? has thy light started going out?

name one good person in hell?
Name one good person without sin?
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

If if you make mistakes, forgiveness is available for you.

Bet your pastor did not teach you that Esau and Solomon tried but could not get it back

16Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected:for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. Hebrews 12:16/17

1 Chronicles 28:9
Verse Concepts
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

And we all saw that both Esau and Solomon were cast away and forsaken by The Lord!

Deceive thou not thyself!
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2022
Steep:

Name one good person without sin?

See Fallacy of Switching the burden of proof.

ylYou made an allegation now I have called on you to defend the allegation but now you are fleeing from it and reversing the burden.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Bet your pastor did not teach you that Esau and Solomon tried but could not get it back

16Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected:for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. Hebrews 12:16/17

1 Chronicles 28:9
Verse Concepts
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

And we all saw that both Esau and Solomon were cast away and forsaken by The Lord!

Deceive thou not thyself!

We are living in a better day than Esau and Solomon lived. The blood of Jesus speaks mercy for us. The blood of Jesus is powerful. The blood of Jesus makes the difference.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
CaptMarvel:

No
One
Is
Good
Except
GOD

And he has given us his nature of righteousness as a gift. So we are as righteous as God in Christ Jesus.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40am On Sep 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

We are living in a better day than Esau and Solomon lived. The blood of Jesus speaks mercy for us. The blood of Jesus is powerful. The blood of Jesus makes the difference.

Deceive yourself not!

"I am The Lord, I Change Not!". Malachi 3:4
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Wilgrea7(m): 3:58am On Sep 25, 2022
If your God sends good people to hell and bad ones to heaven.. simply because the latter accept his blood ritual and the former deny it, then there's something fundamentally wrong with your God's sense of morality.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Ken4Christ: 7:06am On Sep 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Deceive yourself not!

"I am The Lord, I Change Not!". Malachi 3:4

The fact that he doesn't change doesn't mean he doesn't have better plans for us.

The writer of Hebrews said;

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established upon BETTER PROMISES
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46am On Sep 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The fact that he doesn't change doesn't mean he doesn't have better plans for us.

The writer of Hebrews said;

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established upon BETTER PROMISES

Hebrews 1:1-2 and verse 9, tells us that the BETTER is in the fact that God did not send prophets or Angels this time, but His Son!

1. To still say what God has been saying since the beginning.

2. To be both a qualified Sanctified High Priest and a Lamb of sin offering to the world as commanded by The Law of Salvation

Hebrews 3:4-11

7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day[b] if ye will hear his voice,

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation[/b] in the wilderness:

9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

17. With whom was He grieved forty years? Was it not them that had sinned,...?

Not them who sinned not!
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by CaptMarvel(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

And he has given us his nature of righteousness as a gift. So we are as righteous as God in Christ Jesus.
righteousness or not,
No one is Good except God.
It is only by grace and
mercy that we are saved.
Re: Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. by budaatum: 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See yourself! You did not show even one good person in hell or one evil person in heaven.

Ken4Christ, you see the person above? He has never ever said anything I agreed with, ever, until the above.

I hope you learn from everyone educating you here that ignorance of the Law, which you can not have if you had bothered to learn from Christ instead of merely ignorantly believing, is no excuse for sinning.

The below says much more than about those that merely believe, so mere believers have no chance at all, you will find.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pestilence! See How Anti-god People Have Destroyed God Fearing Africa? / Man Who Disguises As Woman To Get Married In Catholic Church Dies Days Ahead / What Is The "error Of The Lawless"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.