Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) (38699 Views)

Four Siblings Trapped To Death As Building Collapses In Enugu / Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos; Four Confirmed Dead / Many Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Kano (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by tfelicityk(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2022
It is well
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by SK1SOLA: 6:36am On Sep 24, 2022
[quote author=Massiveglory post=116954788]They say Tinubu built lagos.
Guguwar obi joor.

So you think *GUGUWA ITS A GOOD THING ABI?
Continue the VAWULENCE
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by FireUpNow(m): 6:49am On Sep 24, 2022
Na ordinary sand with bamboo dem dey use? How person go dey use fake and substandard building materials for this hard times to build house and thereby wasting his or hard earned resources? Too bad
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Electrochemistry(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2022
dhope:

Contractors are never to be blamed in executing bad projects. Big projects always require the consultant team from the part of clients and when consultants and government officials in the case of government jobs decide to use straw and draw every profit margin on the job, why won't contractor use Y10 in place of Y16? CORRUPTION is our biggest problem here and indiscipline atmosphere created by our democratic rule has increased it the more.
Every contractor is bound to do the right thing if not disturbed illegally and the client or his consultant team has every right to force him to execute good job at any time based on agreement reached but corruption is killing people in building

dhope:

Contractors are never to be blamed in executing bad projects. Big projects always require the consultant team from the part of clients and when consultants and government officials in the case of government jobs decide to use straw and draw every profit margin on the job, why won't contractor use Y10 in place of Y16? CORRUPTION is our biggest problem here and indiscipline atmosphere created by our democratic rule has increased it the more.
Every contractor is bound to do the right thing if not disturbed illegally and the client or his consultant team has every right to force him to execute good job at any time based on agreement reached but corruption is killing people in building

Well I believe contractors also have their share of the blame as well as the consultants. Each of them are professionals in their sphere. The contractor has ethical standards guiding his profession. Also, consultants are professionals in the same industry having ethical guidelines. Why can't they comply with their ethics.

Why should someone tell me to use 10mm steel rod for column instead of 16mm or at least 12mm which is the minimum requirement.

Do I need to obey blindly whatever am told where I can be a victim myself in the future or or someone close to me.
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by horlarleecon(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2022
This thing happened after we prayed Jumah finish.. Allahu akbar
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by djseanjohn77: 8:59am On Sep 24, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Lagos and building collapse

Lagos is sinking son...
Whenever there is flood...If you should taste that flood water now you will see it is a little bit salty and the only way flood water can be a little bit salty means it is a subsoil from below..

It means the whole of lagos soon gonna be submerged and everything goes under. Lagos is gonna sink sooner than we thought

But we all know nobody gonna taste flood water in lagos if at all lagosian taste bud is still working because lagos is a gadamnnn overrated slum full of dirty and shit

But all your generation still run to the Lagos as their second London, many would cry and wail if they are asked to go back today. When your brothers graduate from Universities in your state, they run to the same Lagos to seek for opportunities. I am sure 80% of your own family live in the Lagos that you call slum.

And to ask, who are those trying hard to turn Lagos to slum, who were those behind the burning of Lagos during End Sars protest? be deceiving yourself, if Lagos is slum, your state is unfit then to be called human habitat.
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by dhope: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2022
Electrochemistry:

Well I believe contractors also have their share of the blame as well as the consultants. Each of them are professionals in their sphere. The contractor has ethical standards guiding his profession. Also, consultants are professionals in the same industry having ethical guidelines. Why can't they comply with their ethics.

Why should someone tell me to use 10mm steel rod for column instead of 16mm or at least 12mm which is the minimum requirement.

Do I need to obey blindly whatever am told where I can be a victim myself in the future or or someone close to me.
Yes it's morally right for contractor to reject any bargaining that will dent his professional integrity but which job would you execute in Nigeria of today without exchanging envelope with those who call you for the job? Contractor won't eat air if he turns down every offer and this makes them to also play along and the same reason causes every other person that needs to complain about job quality to keep quiet. Corruption will kill Nigeria if nothing serious like WAI is declared in another form
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Electrochemistry(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2022
dhope:

Yes it's morally right for contractor to reject any bargaining that will dent his professional integrity but which job would you execute in Nigeria of today without exchanging envelope with those who call you for the job? Contractor won't eat air if he turns down every offer and this makes them to also play along and the same reason causes every other person that needs to complain about job quality to keep quiet. Corruption will kill Nigeria if nothing serious like WAI is declared in another
form

Yeah that's why I mentioned economic Hardship as a factor. We all do botched jobs in our despiration for what to eat. But in the end we're eaten up by our error as we can learn from the dead victims.
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Eleyigidgan: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2022
Massiveglory:
They say Tinubu built lagos.
Guguwar obi joor.
i really do not understand why we have so many stupid people on this forum
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Eleyigidgan: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2022
bonnyhope:

This kind of tragedy should not be turned to politics
surprisingly obi supporters will lead to the man's downfall
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by mozona(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2022
two women and two men...
wondering what they are doing at that point in time.
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Perfectbeing(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2022
Lagos State should create an agency that you have to pass through at every stage of building. They must approve before you build the foundation, after building the foundation, raising the building to lintel level etc. At every stage the agency must must check the integrity of the building and give you a go ahead to proceed to the next stage.

It doesn't matter if this will make building of houses in Lagos more expensive.. If you nor like am make you comot Lagos
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by BeardedMeat(m): 10:28am On Sep 24, 2022
tillaman:
Nawa oo
What’s with all these sad news
Lagos State material testing lab that can be bought to approve any material no matter how unfit or unsafe as long as you grease the right palm
Do you know how many human lives will be sacrificed for Tinubu's ambition? The scores just started.
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Wwwq: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Mayeldah(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2022
Tinubu built Lagos with substandard materials grin

That's why buildings keep collapsing
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by juman(m): 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
Not again.
Government should work harder and demolize bad built houses.

Its big task.
Lagos is a country.
Re: Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) by Tundex911: 6:26am On Sep 27, 2022
Dangote don dey daworu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Come Here,let Me Show You "What A Man Can Do,a Woman Can Do Better / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) / High Tension Wire On A House Pillar: Your Opinion On This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.