Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Uniben VC Is Tagged As A Disaster And An Owambe VC. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben VC Is Tagged As A Disaster And An Owambe VC. (280 Views)

UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence / Funny Meme Of Uniben VC / Uniben Student Create Portrait Of Uniben VC Using Bottle Covers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uniben VC Is Tagged As A Disaster And An Owambe VC. by Thepointer: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
University of Benin, situated in Benin City Edo state, is a Federal University founded in 1970. The university which has up to 70,0000 students with 15 faculties is the premier university in South -South , Nigeria.

The University according to history has produced top notch and first class Alumnus like the former governor of Lagos and the current minister of works and housing, Hon Babatunde Fashola (SAN) as well as Bovi, a popular Nigerian comedian who recently paid back to his alma mater by renovating the University's primary school.

The University Vice Chancellor, Prof. Chief Lillian .I. Salami who had just been made the Chairman, Comittee of Vice Chancellors, was recently Lambasted by Chief Dr Patrick Osagie Eholor otherwise known as the Ultimate equal.

According to Dr Patrick : “We have a misplaced priority in this country especially when it comes to choosing one who can lead a prestigious institution like University of Benin.
Although I didn't attend the school, but I know a lot of great people who are alumni of the Institution.

“Lilian Salami is a disaster. Before now she didn't understand that when you become a Vice Chancellor you inherited everything that came with it. Firstly, she's supposed to be a VC but at a time, she threatened to cancel senate union of the SUG in that school, but I supported the students from behind and the issue was resolved it amicably. “

“We have about three strikes on her already because she's not performing well. Some chiefs who are thieves in Benin kingdom supported her and disenfranchised the most qualified aspirants of the Vice Chancellor position. Since the appointment, it has been a disaster for the Benin people. Without bringing ethnicity, the registrar of the VC is a yoruba person, which I don't have any issue with it ,if lagosians can also take a bini man as their registrar or if the Igbos can also do same. She's ursuping power to employ people that will add no benefit, because of her personal relationship with those people. That's a failure on her path. Eholor said.

“Also, she didn't realise that contractors has to be paid. Those of us who were contractors to UNIBEN borrowed money to execute the contract and she's telling us to go back to the past administration which no longer exists, to get our money. So a vice chancellor who does not realize that she takes responsibilities and other things that come with it, is not fit for the position.

“The women there can attest that they share the restrooms with male students or something like that which is wrong.

The infrastructure they have there are not working anymore. I am not here to criticize a woman in power neither am I reduce one of my own who is in power but if I am asked to score her works on a ratio of 0-10, I will unapologetically say number 3.”

During the interview, Dr. Patrick expressed dissatisfaction and addressed Prof. Lillian as an 'Owanbe Vice Chancellor' he also reminisced a time when he advocated for the VC when she was soliciting for the post , at the Obas Palace, and how her Public Relations officer, who he also described as a disaster to the Salami led administration, that the UNIBEN P.R.O accused him because of the denied payment.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Website / How To Learn Web Programming From Havard University Free / Bonny Parents Register Over 40 Children 4 Ijaw Language Study At Once. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.