Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku (18405 Views)

Equity Demands Presidency Goes To North In PDP – Senator Ekpenyong / Bosun Oladele: South-East Will Vote Massively For Tinubu In 2023 / Senator Ekpenyong Recommends Using Sambisa Forest For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by mrksquare: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Shikamaru1:
There's always an explanation for theft, wike said Amaechi transferred $50m of rivers state money to Sahara energy for no reason, he said he reached out to Tonye Cole to explain the purpose of that money and he couldn't come up with a viable explanation, now you're saying he wasn't given any money? Why are you trying to turn logic on its head? There is a video Of Magnus Abe saying the same thing that rivers state government money was transferred to Sahara energy, why not advice Tonye Cole to sue them for libel if the money wasn't transferred to his company..why is the case in court if was the other way round?

Politicians are never short of people to defend profligacy, theft and corruption, they are always people like you trying to twist narratives. The Tonye Cole guy is also a Thief, he's just gunning for that seat so he can loot the treasury dry with his boss Amaechi, I pity gullible people that believe his going to be different, those are the people you should be wary about, smooth talking criminals, he even said he's pastor grin grin the red flags are just too glaring..

So since Sim and Cole are thieves by your reckoning, we have to look the way of Abe who is a saint.
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Honjoshy4u: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Eteka1:
Remove Cross River from the list. Very few people in Cross River are talking about Atiku right now. Cos Cross River PDP is 80% Wike

Cross River is PDP, when did PDP changed to Wike? Shebi Fayose don change tongue
Time will tell.
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by mrksquare: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
Shikamaru1:
none of them is a saint, you're trying to paint the other guy as a saint, somebody that moves with Amaechi, a crook, you think Amaechi does have sinister motives for throwing his weight behind the Tonye Cole guy? They are partners in crime, I won't be surprised if Amaechi is a major stake holder at Sahara with Tonye Cole as a front..if you want to vote for a candidate with some credibility, Dumo is better..Tonye Cole is a crook..

Who will you be voting for amongst the hordes? Let's reach a middle ground.
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 25, 2022
mrksquare:

You ended up saying nothing other than correcting my gaffe in relation to the siting of the cashew processing plant.

Wike lacks the moral justification to be preaching for equity in PDP. The Ikwerres since the creation of Rivers state(old) were marginalized as non of their sons could become the governor owing to the Ijaws tight grip on the state. As at 1999, the structure in both PDP and APP were in the hands of the Ijaws in Rivers. But the founders of PDP like Alabo Graham Douglas and Marshal Harry ceded the PDP ticket to Odili even though so many of their kins were angling for the position. Their action was anchored on the necessity to engender ethnic balancing. Rivers state power bloc is divided between the Riverine and upland. Odili, a minority from the upland bloc ruled for 8years and violated the power sharing arrangement. After his tenure he picked an Ikwerre man for another 8years in the person of Amaechi. Amaechi saw the injustice and was poise to return power to the riverine bloc to ensure equity. Guess who thwarted that effort, it was Wike. He succeeded another Ikwerre by playing into the hands of Jonathan and his wife. They gifted him the PDP ticket and oiled the rigging that saw to his emergence.

So my point, he who must come to equity must come with clean hand. You can be fighting for equity whereas he was the person that punctured the equitable power sharing formula in Rivers state. Also, in Rivers state, the PDP chairman and his anointed candidate for the Guber race are from same senatorial district. Yet he hasn't seen the need to tell the state PDP chairman to resign and give way for other zone to produce the PDP chairman.

If it is another person that is advocating for equity and fair play in PDP, I wouldnt have issue. It shouldn't be Wike. Even in Rivers state, the man derives pleasure in giving undue advantage to his Ikwerre brethen to the exclusion of other ethnic groups in the state. Virtually all the flyovers he has/is constructing are domicle in his Ikwerre axis of the state.

Lately, have you read through the PDP constitution? If you have you will know that Wike and his group has no case. They are only appealing to morality & fair play and not constitutionality. Atiku is only but a candidate. He hasn't won the election to justify why Ayu should resign.

You ended up saying nothing. I told you I am not here to correct you but just came briefly because you mentioned Badagry. I know Badagry is in the news because of deep seaport which most of you never knew was a private initiative and to secretly reminded you some people brought Julius Berger to Nigeria and business is controlled by ownership and factors of production.

On the issue of Alabo Graham Douglas and Marshall Harry giving Odili chance to become governor. It would make me to dive into Marshall Harry & Dikibo issue. Local politics is too elementary when compared to issue on ground. You are very inexperienced to say Wike did not allow Amaechi to handover to his candidate. You expected Wike to join Amaechi to fight Jonathan because of feud with Patience and moved with him to APC. If he had done that, another PDP person would have still won. I don't want to talk about Rivers Politics. In the late 80s, as a young man, I visited many Rivers communities I wept. That was before Bayelsa creation. I wept bitterly when I visited some Ogoni communities. Several years later, Adokie was the commissioner of Justice when Dauda Komo was the Governor as at the time Kenule Saro Wiwa was hanged to death. Majority of the Ijaws and Ogoni are not with you on your journey apart from the IBOS who hate Wike, Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa. I have fought the IBOs severally on nairaland and other media because of Isaac Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa. I remained with Wike because of what I have seen and because of what I know. What Intel Logistics is doing at Onne, no Ikwerre or Ijaw man can do that. It is a foundation problem. Let me leave on your journey.

You are talking about Oil servicing companies relocating from Trans Amadi and Industries folding up. Where are they relocating to in Lagos? Are you talking about those with Lagos office / guesthouse? With many companies selling their assets and relocating out of Nigeria? There are estimated 30 industrial estates in Lagos, most of the companies are now being used as churches or warehouses.

The FDI which you mentioned are as a result of Lagos markets, West Africa / Africa Regional Status and three International gateways. Lagos has three International Boundaries - Air, Land and Sea. It is an Aviation and Sea hubs.

The issue on ground is fundamental. It may be Wike today, tomorrow it might be another person. Saying Wike has no moral right for a perceived injustice is too childish. That 1 billion naira is still Rivers money from Onne port operations. You cannot understand since you cannot see anything in my first submission.
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by mrksquare: 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2022
Shikamaru1:
I'm voting for Dumo lulu briggs

You are one hell of a egghead that is very engaging in your analysis. Admire your maturity at advancing convincing response. Kudos to you.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Graysons: 6:37am On Sep 26, 2022
Shikamaru1:
there's nothing like 50/50, if you're so sure you can do the survey, increase the sample size to 1000. Don't just stay in your appartment and conclude that Atiku will win rivers state next year because it's a traditional PDP state, go to the grassroots now to do your research, do you think our people are like the Notherners that are not politically informed?
Oga keep quiet next year election is 50/50 nothing is certainly, Atiku will get 50%votes here when the time comes. You keep talking about northern bla bla bla when most people in Rivers state are terrified of Igbo people who want to turn port Harcourt there city into an Igbo own (igweocha) and for some people, voting for obi will just make that their worst nightmare happen. Nothing is certainly yet
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by alimiadedayo1: 9:47am On Sep 26, 2022
mrksquare:

I have nothing to proof to you Mr. Man. Go and sample opinions from the street in Rivers state.

Beside I am an Ijaw man from Rivers state. I'm not an Igbo but I tell you Obi seem to be the word in everyone's lips down here.

The comrade PHil is an influencer and a known PDP member but he is in the forefront of drawing support for Obi.
politics is different from simple my bro and do you know most lp members are pdp most people following peter obi voted for pdp in 2019 don't be deceived by what you hear or read on news Peter obi is just day dreaming he cannot smell presidency it is too late he should come back next time if he can have the opportunity
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2022
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by Eteka1(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
You lied, Cross River PDP is led by Imoke and Imoke is Atiku core supporter and one of the campaign directors
talk wetin you sabi
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by ganye1: 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
ganye1:
If Benue, Kogi, Plateau and Kwara will go the South why are you people saying Ayu should resign for a Southerner?, Do you think people in those states are foolish to the extend of not knowing where they will get a better deal. Their experience in the hands of the southerners tells them their northern brothers give them a better deal.
When the southerners, specifically Igbos, organised their coup in 1966 they target northerners irrespective of their religion and whenever their is a Crisis they kill all northerners irrespective of their religion.

Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by kennyz247(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
jamace:
On what ground do you think the Hausas will trust the fulanis?.
because Fulani is closer to hausa Dan any other tribe in Nigeria...fulAni kwa hausa,ko si ejo in court
if u know u know
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by jamace(m): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2022
kennyz247:

because Fulani is closer to hausa Dan any other tribe in Nigeria...fulAni kwa hausa,ko si ejo in court
if u know u know
And the Fulanis are killing the Hausas, raping their wives and daughters, and taking over their lands. Is that how to be close?
Re: Senator Ekpenyong: Wike’s Actions Will Make Northerners Vote Massively For Atiku by kennyz247(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
jamace:
And the Fulanis are killing the Hausas, raping their wives and daughters, and taking over their lands. Is that how to be close?
yet dey still respect dem more than any other..

e bi like u know hausa to there root..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari At The 4th Africa-arab Summit In Malabo (Photos) / FG Plans To Sell Electricity Transmission Company / Campaign Flag-Off: Tinubu’s ‘God Bless PDP’ Prayer Prophetic ― PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.