Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri (17869 Views)

Twitter User Explains What Wike Is Trying To Achieve With His 200k Political SAs / What Wike Told Atiku In Fresh Meeting On PDP Crisis / What Wike Said During Buhari’s Visit To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by OLAADEX(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike has denied the report in some national dailies and online newspapers that the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, offered him senatorial ticket to defect the APC.

In statement signed by Kelvin Ebiri, Special Assistant on Media to Governor, Wike said Tinubu never offered him Senatorial ticket

TINUBU NEVER OFFERED WIKE SENATORIAL TICKET.

Our attention has been drawn to a misleading report in some national dailies and online newspapers, particularly, Sahara Reporters that the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, offered the Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, senatorial ticket to defect the APC.

Governor Wike was alleged to have disclosed this during the media chat that was aired on Channels Television, African Independent Television, Nigerian Television Authority and TVC on Friday, 23 September, 2022.

We wish to state emphatically that this news is false, baseless and ludicrous as the Rivers State governor throughout the media chat never mentioned the name of the APC presidential candidate or alluded to him offering him a senatorial ticket.

To lay the facts bare, we have decided to include herein the transcript of what governor Wike said concerning senatorial form.

“First of all, this is how you know those who are prepared to run an election. Some of them collected presidential form at the same time collected senatorial form. You'll know that those people are not serious to run.

“I never collected senatorial form. Even after the whole thing, people said come and go for Senate, I said no. I won't do that. I've already made a commitment that this Senate ticket should be zoned to this area (Etche) because they've never had it before. I must not be in power.”

In an era of increasingly divisive political climate, the tendency to pervert the truth is extremely high. It is on this basis that we wish to remind journalists that journalism’s first obligation is to the truth.

“At this critical juncture in our nation, we wish to remind journalists that getting the facts right is the cardinal principle of journalism. Journalists are enjoined to always strive for accuracy and give all the relevant facts in their report.

“We, therefore, urge the unsuspecting public not to give any credence to this false, baseless and ill motivated reports.”

Kelvin Ebiri

Special Assistant on Media to the Rivers State governor.

24th September, 2022.
https://www.facebook.com/194977171443974/posts/pfbid0y4CsfRu2C5QCvwhYQNQze6aFNJq4jB84F359d8gaafWWBqw3TgAJYTW5eVBGmzigl/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2022
Whether you said it or not is inconsequential. Both of you have only two votes.

BAT has been meeting and talking with heavy weights in Nigeria. Same with Atiku. Their thinking is that the old order still retains. Where one big politician uses money to brain wash electorates and manipulate elections.
By the grace of Almighty God and the mercy of Allah, all you guys bus stop is here.

Many nations have freed themselves and the great God will free us and make you guys understand that your manipulations have ended. Enough is enough.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Jashub: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2022
Na today ? Mtchww...Wike will soon decamp just like his useless brother Fani Kayode

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by FreeStuffsNG: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2022
I was wondering when he said so during that interview. For God sake, it was covered live and the video online.

Clearly, it is a waste of time addressing the media and idle jesters on social media. They want to write their own stories and not the truth or facts.

Asiwaju will not waste his time and scarce resources on low priority tasks such as entertaining the fake news media and idle social.media jesters while Asiwaju keeps living rent free in their heads.

check my signatire for free stuffs.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Corridon: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2022
Tinubu don threaten him.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by OLAADEX(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2022
OLAADEX:
Governor Nyesom Wike has denied the report in some national dailies and online newspapers that the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, offered him senatorial ticket to defect the APC.

In statement signed by Kelvin Ebiri, Special Assistant on Media to Governor, Wike said Tinubu never offered him Senatorial ticket

https://www.facebook.com/194977171443974/posts/pfbid0y4CsfRu2C5QCvwhYQNQze6aFNJq4jB84F359d8gaafWWBqw3TgAJYTW5eVBGmzigl/

Our attention has been drawn to a misleading report in some national dailies and online newspapers, particularly, Sahara Reporters that the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, offered the Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, senatorial ticket to defect the APC.

Governor Wike was alleged to have disclosed this during the media chat that was aired on Channels Television, African Independent Television, Nigerian Television Authority and TVC on Friday, 23 September, 2022.

We wish to state emphatically that this news is false, baseless and ludicrous as the Rivers State governor throughout the media chat never mentioned the name of the APC presidential candidate or alluded to him offering him a senatorial ticket.

To lay the facts bare, we have decided to include herein the transcript of what governor Wike said concerning senatorial form.

“First of all, this is how you know those who are prepared to run an election. Some of them collected presidential form at the same time collected senatorial form. You'll know that those people are not serious to run.

“I never collected senatorial form. Even after the whole thing, people said come and go for Senate, I said no. I won't do that. I've already made a commitment that this Senate ticket should be zoned to this area (Etche) because they've never had it before. I must not be in power.”

In an era of increasingly divisive political climate, the tendency to pervert the truth is extremely high. It is on this basis that we wish to remind journalists that journalism’s first obligation is to the truth.

“At this critical juncture in our nation, we wish to remind journalists that getting the facts right is the cardinal principle of journalism. Journalists are enjoined to always strive for accuracy and give all the relevant facts in their report.

“We, therefore, urge the unsuspecting public not to give any credence to this false, baseless and ill motivated reports.”

Kelvin Ebiri

24th September, 2022.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Ozinlex: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
Whatever you mean no concern us...all we know is Obidatti2023 is sure banker!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by TheWorldNearEnd(f): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ozinlex:
Whatever you mean no concern us...all we know is Obidatti2023 is sure banker!

Yes

3 Likes

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by PandoraObi: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2022
ok
Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by ObituaryYebo: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
K
Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Edopesin: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
cheesy he doesn't need to say it, we all know that all lobbying, bribery and monetary doings go through one man in Lagos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by ASAPFERG1: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
Stupid wike

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by BeardedMeat(m): 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
Why them dey shalaye? Wike should continue his chochocho until they accuse him of something criminal and jail him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Opintiwa: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
Wike na my main man but I no understand.

You been talk am na .

Well anyway vote wisely

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by system21: 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Wike should defect to APC and try his popularity there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by LeoDeKing: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

BAT has been meeting and talking with heavy weights in Nigeria. Same with Atiku. Their thinking is that the old order still retains. Where one big politician uses money to brain wash electorates and manipulate elections.
By the grace of Almighty God and the mercy of Allah, all you guys bus stop is here.

Iran is already protesting to their freedom. Many nations have freed themselves and the great God will free us and make you guys understand that your manipulations have ended. Enough is enough.
No, that's not the point.

The point is that, why the lie that he said so, when in fact he didn't?

Secondly, freedom is not about handing over the nation to igbo, so stop that bullcrap.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Kingozymandias(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
But that was what you said cheesy

This is why a man should not be a Talkative. You see what I am saying @ GeneralOjukwu. A man should not have a basket mouth grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
OLAADEX:

Kelvin Ebiri

24th September, 2022.

I was also surprised to see the fake news as well. I watched Gov. Wike's interview, he never said that.

Purveyors of fake news on social media eh.. fear God o..

5 Likes

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by famology(m): 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
People like pinkPUSSY even said he promised him Senate President. Lol..........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I was wondering when he said so during that interview.
Wonder. Wonder wonder wonder wonder
Wonder wonder wonder wonder
Till you turn to wonderer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
Basketmouth don start to leak again oo

Won ti gba penalty lo throw-in

Next: I never said Ayu collected 1bn bribe
In fact, I never did the interview

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by slivertongue: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
APC ticket is a poisoned chalice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Thedon22: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2022
That must be propaganda from PDP and Obi party. They saw Wike body language and felt threathened. More surprise coming.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Salewa97: 2:44am On Sep 25, 2022
It is only a matter of time before Obidike Pandora's supporters start exhibiting their bitterness, these guys are always bitter

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by inoki247: 2:55am On Sep 25, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

Iran is already protesting to their freedom. Many nations have freed themselves and the great God will free us and make you guys understand that your manipulations have ended. Enough is enough.

Lol yea he has only one Vote buh ur lord and savior av also gone to meet the same man so tell me wetin dey different from the people you accuse of meeting heavy weight....

The other day Falana even had to caution him to stop consulting and moving with the people we accuse of destroying the country..

Wetin ur lord don du differently himself don waka go meet heavyweight so stop acting like an hypocrites....

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by DesignMaestro(m): 3:14am On Sep 25, 2022
They spread fake news 24/7 to defame others, yet they claimed they wanted a better Nigeria.

These zombidients are up to something dangerous and true Nigerians must watch out.

'Take back your country' as always chanted by Peter Obi, has a meaning far more than what you think.

You can't base your strategy solely on lies and propaganda and be telling me you want to free Nigeria from corrupt politicians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Salewa97: 3:26am On Sep 25, 2022
They'll start showing their bitterness now, these guys are always bitter

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by techWriter3: 5:15am On Sep 25, 2022
I disciplined hoping when he said so during that interview
Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by nairavsdollars(f): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2022
Wike should stop excessive drinking. This is what he said

“I didn’t contest so I can become a vice presidential candidate, I am not like others who were not serious and bought senatorial form alongside presidential form and that’s why when Tinubu offered me senate slot, I didn’t go for it,’’ Wike said
Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Think9ja(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2022
There'll be hundreds of new monikers on nairaland by the end of February next year.

All those touts parading themselves on nairaland claiming Obi supporters, by the time election results are announced and their Lord could only muster 100k votes, the next thing is to deactivate.

An ex PDP member is suddenly the Messiah of the gullible youths.

The good thing about reality is that it will eventually hit you.

Screenshot this comment and keep.

Obi will not win any state in Nigeria in next year's election.

Atiku 2023

2 Likes

Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by Marvieduke(f): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2022
Wike won't accept such offer.
Re: What Wike Said About Senatorial Form - Aide, Kelvin Ebiri by franchasofficia: 7:12am On Sep 25, 2022
Bola Tinubu and Festus Keyamo arriving TVC station to respond to Wike's outburst of Tinubu promising Wike Senatorial ticket if Wike joins APC grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ajimobi-Led NWC to boycott Thursday's APC NEC Meeting / 2023: Rivers PDP Sacks Senator Sekibo As Caucus Leader / Atiku Had Not Moved On Yet - By Charles Awuzie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.