Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Pictures From My Garden - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures From My Garden (35408 Views)

Different Banana Tree Varieties In My Garden / OMG! I Just Found These Python Eggs In My Garden Now / Pictures From Kogi Rice Processing Mill, Yagba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From My Garden by TheSourcerer: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Serial48:

In your case your seed I mean the one you planted is or was weak. When selecting the seeds for planting next time, select the dark ones those ones are matured seeds that would sprout and grow. The darker the seed the better.
oh thank you serial

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by weljewel: 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Thanks be to God who wins battles in ways beyond my imagination!
Re: Pictures From My Garden by jessylaurel(f): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
Serial48:
I grew canabis in my garden.. it's the Cana that made me grow other things like you have above.. but goats and snails won't let my garden be

Serial druglord
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Amaggedon: 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Serial48:
I grew canabis in my garden.. it's the Cana that made me grow other things like you have above.. but goats and snails won't let my garden be
Clap for yourself , growing cannabis in Lagos Nigeria with pride like it's California.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by lagonovo: 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
To the younger ones.

What you see here is the secret behind the contentment of the older Nigerian generations until a man called Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida became our first and only military 'president', though self anointed. He brought corruption into the mainstream and made it cool.

We've always had the corrupt in large numbers but they were never accepted in our conservative society. They were outcasts that you only associate with if you have sold your soul to the devil. With IBB, it became a matter of if you can't beat them you join them. That is the seed of the huge ocean of corruption that we swim in today. We all have the blame, just laying it out so we know the effect of individual actions.

Back in those days, a typical Nigerian home was comfortable and self-sustained even if they don't have a dime or any car. They all produce what they consume and purchase only the basic necessities. Our parents will rather die than go borrowing to eat. They can borrow to grow, to build, but not to eat.

Local manufacturers including government initiatives like Odua Investments were producing most of the stuff that we import today. Our refineries were functional. Affordable cars were being assembled in Nigeria. That was a major factor behind why foreign exchange was never an issue and our local currency was strong. We appreciated good foreign products but we never worshipped them. Our schools and universities were producing foodstuff in-house.

We may have our issues but our solutions lie within each of us and our daily economic decisions. Import, but never import more than you produce and start by avoiding importing what you can produce locally. Even if it's just cassava, maize, vegetables, plant something today. God already blessed our land with fertile soil. Now we have flooding, when the challenge is over I pray we appreciate what we have by making our land productive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Garden by cardoctor(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
You tried. Well done

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Sleekfingers: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nice.....

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Shikena(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
Early this year,my family and I decided to use the undeveloped part of our property for a family garden.

Even the children were not left out as they planted some maize. It has been an interesting experience so far as we are all enthusiastic about the whole process. We take turns to tend to the crops.

Some of the crops we planted include:
* Maize
* Potatoes
* Okro
* Water leave
* Bitter leave
* Spinach
* Jute leave (Ewedu)
* Beans
* Yam
* Fluted pumpkin
Other random crops we have in our property are plantains, bananas, pineapples,scent leave, lemon grass,pawpaw and mango.

I get manure from a nearby poultry to boost the crop growth.

I will be sharing pictures to encourage anyone who wants to take same bold step. We are beginning to enjoy some of the harvests.

This initiative has helped limit the purchase of some family needs.

Agriculture is life!

God bless you real good!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by ceeceeuwa: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Shikena:

God bless you real good!
Thanks.God bless you too!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by InvertedHammer: 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
Early this year,my family and I decided to use the undeveloped part of our property for a family garden.

Even the children were not left out as they planted some maize. It has been an interesting experience so far as we are all enthusiastic about the whole process. We take turns to tend to the crops.

* Maize
* Potatoes
* Okro
* Water leave
* Bitter leave
* Spinach
* Jute leave (Ewedu)
* Beans
* Yam
* Fluted pumpkin
Other random crops we have in our property are plantains, bananas, pineapples,scent leave, lemon grass,pawpaw and mango.

I will be sharing pictures to encourage anyone who wants to take same bold step. We are beginning to enjoy some of the harvests.

Agriculture is life!

/
Congratulations!

If only you know how much you have just saved.

How can a rainforest SE/SS be complaining about hunger when their zone is what many people are praying for?
/

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by GoodIsGod: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
All that shit planted there when harvested won't last you a month so what's the gain in it lol

He said garden not a farm. And the joy he derives in doing it is enough.

I know guys like you are the ones into Yahoo.
Oole aboju songba grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Garden by fortunez1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
You are blessed with wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Garden by SPAMBOX7: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Oole aboju songba grin
Stupid boy grin
Re: Pictures From My Garden by SeriouslySense(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
I had a garden before, i wish i can have the space again to plant , there are numerous ideas to test.

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Sweetvie: 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
Kudos to you@Op
Nice one
I love agriculture grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by SeriouslySense(m): 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hello dear Person,

I just want to say, i love the effort you are putting into your garden. You have plenty there, from potatoes to yam, to spices and fruits, and if you can add animals to get your meat, you are settled. smiley smiley smiley

Just imagine, if you also do vertical farming and you had twice the land and you have mastered the techniques cheesy cheesy

ceeceeuwa:

* Maize
* Potatoes
* Okro
* Water leave
* Bitter leave
* Spinach
* Jute leave (Ewedu)
* Beans
* Yam
* Fluted pumpkin

Agriculture is life!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Danny50: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Waste of resources, energy and time.
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Tookool(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

* Maize
* Potatoes
* Okro
* Water leave
* Bitter leave
* Spinach
* Jute leave (Ewedu)
* Beans
* Yam
* Fluted pumpkin

Agriculture is life!

Nice farm.
Why did you space your maize so much but planted you plantain so close? Plantain usually have some babies sprouted around the main one that was planted. I feel the spacing for the plantain is too small and that of the maize is too much.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
D all close to d fence grin
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Candidlady: 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
Olasyke:

I bet them goats are addicted to it after chewing it for the first time and experiencing that spiritual feeling.

True that

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by ceeceeuwa: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Tookool:

Nice farm.
Why did you space your maize so much but planted you plantain so close? Plantain usually have some babies sprouted around the main one that was planted. I feel the spacing for the plantain is too small and that of the maize is too much.
I Think the angle of the camera didn't do justice to it. The plantains are well spaced. Suckers are beginning to sprout already from them. Thanks for your contribution!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Eagba(m): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
[quote author=Giltexo post=117814559]I look for garden ..farm say see me here..[/quot9e
Guy you no good. Ah buybin this case, you've wrong.
Re: Pictures From My Garden by NoToPile: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Oole aboju songba grin

Uncle you can yab ooo

The bolded got me laughing loud.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Shikena(m): 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
All that shit planted there when harvested won't last you a month so what's the gain in it lol
Can you imagine the economic impact if we all produce in-house just one month of what we consume in a year?
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Akinola100: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
sharone21:
Great.
But, I don't know how to do farming/ orchards without imagining snakes being attracted to it.
Plant snake repellent plants, like lemon grass, Apple mint, scent leaves

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by 8stargeneral: 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nice...but ur land is not fertile,White sand is not for agriculture
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Ray07(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
lailo:
#50k effort, #6500 harvest grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Uchedizzy(f): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Good one keep it up

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Garden by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

Buy from the market. Select the ones with flowers . Sun-dry the flower part.once it is dry,shake off the seeds from the flower into the preffered part of the soil you want it t germinate.

Thank you
Re: Pictures From My Garden by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
More pictures

OP hope you know that potato leaves can be used to make sauce for eating yam or plantain just like pumpkin leaves? Hope u know that u can also add it to Melon soup and okra as vegetables? So pls don't let your fresh potato leaves go to waste its nutritious and delicious.
Re: Pictures From My Garden by Bfly: 12:42am On Oct 24, 2022
SPAMBOX7:

You probably won't last a month without something to feed on.
Re: Pictures From My Garden by SPAMBOX7: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2022
Shikena:

Can you imagine the economic impact if we all produce in-house just one month of what we consume in a year?
Omo na true o. Sorry for the misyan. This is why Tinubu's idea of diving into agriculture can't be overruled

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updated Prices Of Grains And Vegetables From Madallah Market In Niger State / Processing Pigs- Pictures From My Pork Roast/BBQ / Fcm Tomato Farm Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.