Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu (14447 Views)

INEC Chairman, Yakubu, Meets With Oba Of Benin Over Edo Elections (Photos) / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration / Buhari Reacts To Saraki's Supreme Court Judgement Over False Assets Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by politicoNG: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 general elections, the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has okayed the hearing of a suit seeking to compel the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Mahmud Yakubu, to declare his assets.

The suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/33/2021, was brought before the court by a citizen, Hon. Emmanuel Agonsi.

Whereas the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, was cited as the 1st respondent, the INEC boss was listed as the 2nd respondent.

Specifically, the plaintiff, through his lawyer, Solomon Okon Akpe, is praying the court for an order of mandamus, “directing and compelling the 1st respondent (CCB), either by its staff, officers, privies, servants or otherwise howsoever described to issue, comply with and/or make available to the Applicant or his privies or Counsel, information and details of the Assets Declarations Forms of the 2nd Respondent and his unmarried adult children kept by the 1st Respondent as requested in the Applicant’s letter of 17th December 2020; as well as accept payment of the appropriate fees from the Applicant forthwith”.

An order of mandamus directing and compelling the 1st Respondent (CCB) either by its staff, officers, privies, servants or otherwise howsoever described, to issue, comply with and/or make available to the Applicant or his privies or Counsel, information and details of the Assets Declarations Forms of the 2nd Respondent (Prof. Yakubu) and his unmarried adult children kept by the 1st Respondent as requested in the Applicant’s letter of 17th December, 2020; as well as accept payment of the appropriate fees from the Applicant forthwith.

“A declaration that the 1st Respondent has a statutory and public duty to furnish the Applicant information and details concerning the 2nd Respondent as contained in the Applicant’s letter of request dated 17th December 2020.

as well as, “a declaration that the refusal or failure of the 1 st Respondent to respond to or comply with the Applicant’s request as contained in his Letter dated 17th December 2020 constitutes a refusal/failure of the 1 st Respondent’s statutory and/or public duty to the Applicant and is therefore unlawful, illegal, abuse of powers, abuse of discretion and ultra vires”.

In the alternative, the plaintiff, applied for a court order, “directing the 1st Respondent, either by itself, officer, staff or nominee to forthwith produce for the examination of this Honourable Court, certified copies of the Assets Declaration Forms of the 2nd Respondent (Prof Yakubu) and his unmarried adult children submitted to the 1st Respondent for the period of 2007- 2012 and 2015-2020 and any other ones declared thereafter”.

Meanwhile, the Chief judge of the court, Justice John Tsoho has ordered the service of all the relevant court processes and hearing notices on both the CCB and the INEC boss.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/assets-declaration-court-okays-hearing-of-suit-against-inec-chairman/

10 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by lovesamzy: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2022
This page is dedicated to all my fellow Nigerians that believe that as one we can get it done...

14 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Imeh35(f): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
Very good thing

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
long overdue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by abobote: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
Case that will die natural death

8 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by sniperr007(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
Nice move but is it not late and will cause distraction

2 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by kiiingemmy(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
wink

unrelated. but

Here for My movie People

Do You download Movies from Net naija Or Wap loaded and you are tired of the ads/pop-ups?

Just visit https://thenetnaija.me or https://waploaded.me to download your movies/series without the pop-up ads and the download is really fast

It takes you to straight download. Thank me later
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by LilyColin(f): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
Naija my corntree

APC is a very evil party, say NO to them.

Meanwhile, na only beneficiaries of the lifeless druggie go vote him for 2023 presidential election.

Thunderstorm strike y'all.

24 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2022
Them don set legal torpedo for am. grin grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by inoki247: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Scam Loading....

Case wey dem go drag for 4 years....

3 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by bigdammyj: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Noted.
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by greatiyk4u(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
Tinubu trying to remove Yakubu for a Yoruba man that will do his bidding but it's already late.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Dshocker(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
We are looking for answers @myhusband lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Redstubpen: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
grin

Jokers. If Ayu could make 1 Billion in this political season, your guess is as good as mine about this INEC Chairman.

Sad but True sad

4 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Yusman316(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
abobote:
Case that will die natural death
How did someone declaring his asset now becomes a case? It will only be a case if he declares his assets falsely

2 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by dechriscool(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
I hope this is not another case of Walter Onoghan former chief Justice of Nigeria removed before 2019 election .
Nothing should happened to Professor Yakubu Mahmud as INEC chairman

6 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by kb83(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
I don't trust this INEC chairman, going by what he did in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by kennyz247(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Atiku 2023 is for sure
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by udemzyudex(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Why now?

After how many years?

Hope it's not what I'm thinking.
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Faber(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2022
grin

He is not doing their bidding, they want to remove him. Dude don gather enough money, he no longer need their dollars. His body language is telling them, dude wants to get it right and retire honourably.

Welcome to Nigeria my guys, I talk am say Nigeria is irredeemable

9 Likes

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by TRADELYN: 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2022
A welcome development.

Buy Original Yam Pounder & Commercial Blenders with Warranty. Pay upon delivery nationwide. 0803 9two5 177two call or WhatsApp for details.
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2022
They want to sack the Inec boss
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by okpaheisom(m): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
For all those that intend to enrich themselves with this election, we are on a lookout cool grin

1 Like

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Omesbrit(m): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
Though is commendable to get credible election, but I hope is not the case of doing the wright thing at the wrong time. APC like chasing shadows.

1 Like

Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by FunkeAyorinde: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
cheesy
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
It yaf rejiela
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by Whois(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Nicely done.
Re: Assets Declaration: Court Okays Hearing Of Suit Against INEC Chairman, Yakubu by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
The way most of the people serving under Buhari do corruption, will make you cry blood.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Make Money Your God, Tinubu Charges Nigerians / Cattle Sellers And IPMAN Buy Election Forms For El-Rufai (Photos.) / Jimi Agbaje Vows To Turn Lagos Waters To Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.