Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? (332 Views)

What Basic Skills Do One Need To Start An E-commerce Biz / How To Start And Run A Successful Hair Salon Business In Nigeria {simple Guide} / Top 17 Ways On How To Start And Run A Successful Bar Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by ALEXANDERLISM(m): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2022
If you are looking to start a YouTube channel in 2022, there are certain skills that will make your journey a lot more easier and monetization a lot faster.

Some of these skills are listed below.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

1 Share

Re: What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by ALEXANDERLISM(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2022
1. GRAPHIC DESIGN
One of the element that determine if your video will be watched on YouTube is your video thumbnail.

Having an eye Catchy thumbnail will make a lot more people click to watch your videos when it shows up on their feed. Having some knowledge of graphic design even at the basic level will help you get more views on YouTube

There are a lot of free videos on YouTube, free and paid graphic design classes you can attend to up your skill level.
Re: What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by ALEXANDERLISM(m): 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2022
2. SEO(search Engine Optimisation)
This plays a huge role in getting your video to a wider audience that might have not seen your video if it wasn't optimised.

YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google and receives tons of searches everyday. In order to get some of those people searching for answers to find your video you need to include some of the keywords they are searching for.

Here is an example, let's say you want to learn how to create product video ads using Kinemaster, a search on YouTube will bring out videos that are about product video ads, the keywords in your search are ''Product video ads'' and ''Kinemaster''.

Any video that has those keywords in their title, description, tags or captions will snow up when you search for one of those keywords.

Your work as a YouTuber is to know what people are searching for in your niche and create videos around the keywords.

This can be achieved by doing proper research.
Re: What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by ALEXANDERLISM(m): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
3. Solid Content Research skills
To make your content ideas more informative and entertaining, you need proper content research skills. This ensures that your videos stands the test of time and do not became outdated even before you hit the upload button.

Research will reveal to you what your audiences are or will be interested in, how often they search for certain keywords and if the topic you want to create videos on is worth your time.

You can use tools like Tubebuddy, VidIq and Keywords Everywhere to research keywords for your videos.
These tools will lessen your stress in finding profitable keywords for your channel
Re: What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by ALEXANDERLISM(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
4. Video Editting Skills

Unless you are willing and able to hire a video editor, you need atleast a basic knowledge of video editing.

You can make a great first impression and also make your video more engaging with superb video editing.

Video editing skill is a must have if you want to create high-quality and professionally looking video content on YouTube.

A well edited video will be able to keep viewers engaged which will make them come back for more of your videos if it solves their problem.

The good thing is, You can get started editing videos for YouTube using your smartphone.

As a video creator and editor, I create and edit all my Youtube videos using just my smartphone.

I got my first collaboration because of a well edited video I uploaded on YouTube.

You can contact me to edit your videos while you focus on creating them.

You can also learn how to create and edit videos via my Youtube channel HERE

I hope this thread has been of help to you?
Re: What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by ALEXANDERLISM(m): 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kindly let me know what you think about this thread and also let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment.
Re: What Skills Do I Need To Run A Successful YouTube Channel? by richolhand: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2022
YouTube has become a popular way for people to share their stories, talents, and lives with others. If you are thinking of starting your own YouTube channel, there are a few skills you will need to run a successful one. First, you need to be comfortable being in front of a camera and talking to it. This doesn’t mean you have to be an extrovert, but you should be able to express yourself confidently on camera. You will also need basic editing skills to put your videos together and make them look professional. You need to learn video editing tools like Doratoon. With the help of this tool you can easily edit videos professionally. Many people are using this tool and sharing content on YouTube.

(1) (Reply)

It's Still Possible To Hit 1m Before 2022 Runs Out / Soya Meal Is Available / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.