Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos (38660 Views)

Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway / Five Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Unclefemolala(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
PureFace1:

If they start confiscating cars to enforce the law you would also be among the first set of people to complain that the government is too harsh

Lol good point
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by PureFace1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Pinkyposh:

Exactly the comment I've been looking you
You have wisdom.
Imagine a bus caught fire on it's own, what they could think of is over speeding and recklessness of the driver
There are no laws guiding the commercial drivers on the state of their vehicles and giving them sanctions for driving unhealthy buses

Shut up

Nigerian can never be please, if they start confiscating unworthy cars now you would also be the first to cry that the government is too harsh.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Originalsly: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hmmm ... how did recklessness and overspeeding cause the fire? I just don't understand how people reason at times. I wonder if it's one of those buses where they have make-shift petrol tanks inside the bus.... and people will still travel ...because they traveled in bus like that before and nothing ever happened.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Pinkyposh(f): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
PureFace1:

Shut up

Nigerian can never be please, if they start confiscating unworthy cars now you would also be the first to cry that the government is too harsh.

Keep quiet and listen to people with wisdom
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by trashhub: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2022
may their soul rest in pace
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Greenfaces: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
justicechichex:
Just like that, it caught fire. It didn't crash with anything. Omoh this is so sad. One of the worse ways to go down 6ft: been burnt alive.
Even a child too..

Maybe it was carrying fuel in jerrican
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by abeto(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
May their souls rest in Peace.
Haakeem:

Source- Vanguard .
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Greenfaces: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Moneyboyz:
It's sad, one way or another we all will leave this world.
I hope to leave peacefully in my sleep and in my house when the time comes.
Death is way beyond our ability to comprehend. The person who we see dying by fire may in reality not suffer more than another who dies in the sleep. The pain or ease of the soul leaving the body is a function of Allah's pleasure with the person. If the dying man has wronged his soul by not believing in the oneness of Allah and the prophethoood of Rosullulah (saw), and proceeded to being one of the arrogant ones who commit all type of sins, then even death in his/sleep will make no difference because the angels of death extract the soul with violence. It is the onlookers that think the death is peaceful. It may not be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by dollarnaira: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Skyfornia:
That vehicle must have been giving the owner signs but his greediness, carelessness and stubbornness has led to the death of many people. He should be prosecuted accordingly..

By the way, it appear the mandated road worthiness/inspection by the Lagos state government is only for private cars? Cause if truly it's for both private and commercial cars.. 95% of commercial cars in Lagos won't have any business on the road.

This country don tire pesin aswear!!

May their souls rest in peace

True
Road worthiness is for private cars with one or two passengers while a 16 passengers bus drive without it.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
Over speeding caused fire How?
Vehicle wasn't said to have had a collision nor tilt dangerously to a side, so how over speeding cause am?
Rip to the dead
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by BeanmanX(m): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
So sad! embarassed

May their souls rest in peace...
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Gbeng30(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
What a painful death.. May their souls rest in peace
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by yemzone(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2022
It's scary. How did the bus catch fire? angry
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Boxxie(m): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
I was traveling to Zaria one time in a fourteen seater bus, I got myself relaxed balanced to doze while the journey proceeds. Just before heading out of Abuja metropolis, the vehicle bursted into flames. In a split second fire was everywhere in the car. My beared caught fire and I was beginning to smell like a roasted meat. Instinct kicked even in my dazzled state, I tried to force my way through the normal exit, it was too late as many were stuck on the path. Fortunately for me, I was seated close to the window as I forced myself through the tiny aperture, people have to help drag me down as the car slowed to a halt. I would have lost my life if not for the mercy of God. All my property got burnt as a escaped with little burns on my hand. I watched as the whole vehicle burnt to a scrap. I had to end the journey and went back home as it took me weeks to heal and get over the shock. The bible said in the book of Isaiah that even if you go through the fire or drawn in rivers, He will make a way of escape for His people. May the soul of the departed rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Horus(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2022
Recklessness and over-speeding by the driver
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by spinna: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
Death in Danfo... God forbid... God keep us.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Lekmanz87(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
neonly:
Probably over load d bus whereby not allowing passengers to escape
Those bus should check and should be carrying one 3 passengers on a row

This is where the issue coming from especially oshodi to ajah bus,they have started loading 4/4 on a row which makes it so tight and uncomfortable to sit,I wish govt could do something bout that…but who cares #sad
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by DevilSignature: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
STOP BEING DELUSIONAL. TALK WITH FACTS AND NOT WITH ASSUMPTIONS.
OVER 80% OF DANFO BUSES IN LAGOS ARE RICKETY AND SCRAPS YET THE DANFO DRIVERS RACE WITH THEM LIKE MAD COWS ON ANY FREEWAY, AS IF THEY ARE INVINCIBLE. IT IS COMMONSENSE WHEN MOTOR OLD YOU DRIVE IT WITH CAUTION TO AVERT DANGEROUS CONSEQUENCES. angryTinubu no need to kill anyone to win president,he had paid her dues,he fought military for return to democracy.Go read history,tinubu is not saint but he did some few things well for Nigeria.Am not Yoruba but I followed his works since ibb days.
my friend shut up

You have no right to mention me here

Just shut de fuccck up and go to hell
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Tycyborg(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
Skyfornia:
That vehicle must have been giving the owner signs but his greediness, carelessness and stubbornness has led to the death of many people. He should be prosecuted accordingly..

By the way, it appear the mandated road worthiness/inspection by the Lagos state government is only for private cars? Cause if truly it's for both private and commercial cars.. 95% of commercial cars in Lagos won't have any business on the road.

You can even see you are the only sane person on that front page 1... No one talks about the road worthiness thing nor say anything about the stupid careless driver but we're quoting one nonesence we will die one day...
When they started thing mandatory road worthiness issue... People were lamenting and shouting now this is the end result... I was driving down third mainland bridge today this afternoon... On the bridge the other side going to the island... A ford f150 or so caught fire and burnt despite the rain... It was burning like the were adding more fire but lasma was there trying to direct the traffic... Imagine... I don't know if there was any casualty but negligence is a Nigerian thing... And when they were given a right way of thing they will start shouting... But later still blame government for that same thing they were against like they are retard who doesn't know left from right...
A traffic light stopped me at university road at yaba and a man said why are you waiting for one stupid light when you can move on... You are just wasting your time... I said to myself that I am sure this man too will be among people saying nigeria is bad and government are terrible but changes starts from us... We nigerians will never make this country great no matter the odds simple.

1 Like

Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Bombito: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
To think that the driver escape unhurt ...hmmm ...when you tell them to drive with care, they will tell you they have been driving for 20years .
Rip to the dead, quick recovery to the injured ones. It is well.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Bombito: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
I give God all the glory for your life
Affliction will not rise again.
Going out and coming in ,or travelling on the road, even flying on air everyday unhurt. It's a great privilege from God. Not that we are perfect but His mercies speaks for His children. Every day is a day of Thanksgiving to God Almighty.

Boxxie:
I was traveling to Zaria one time in a fourteen seater bus, I got myself relaxed balanced to doze while the journey proceeds. Just before heading out of Abuja metropolis, the vehicle bursted into flames. In a split second fire was everywhere in the car. My beared caught fire and I was beginning to smell like a roasted meat. Instinct kicked even in my dazzled state, I tried to force my way through the normal exit, it was too late as many were stuck on the path. Fortunately for me, I was seated close to the window as I forced myself through the tiny aperture, people have to help drag me down as the car slowed to a halt. I would have lost my life if not for the mercy of God. All my property got burnt as a escaped with little burns on my hand. I watched as the whole vehicle burnt to a scrap. I had to end the journey and went back home as it took me weeks to heal and get over the shock. The bible said in the book of Isaiah that even if you go through the fire or drawn in rivers, He will make a way of escape for His people. May the soul of the departed rest in peace
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by just2endowed: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Haakeem:

Source- Vanguard .

Worst part is that the danfo didn't have temperature gadget, all monitoring meter not working, bus would have been overheating for a while and the driver probably kept a petrol in the bus. Yet VIO will never check on danfo
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Freshgrace4life(f): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2022
Lord have mercy on us sad
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Dalnadoni: 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2022
jaxxy:
why the recklessness?
And the bus driver escaped the fire...he should be arrested and charged for the murder of those 7 people...cry
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Cutehector(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
Skyfornia:

i'm thinking an idiöt passenger carried fuel inside the bus.

1 Like

Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by MrDam(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
This accident happened right before my eye the bus commercial bus was recklessly speeding fully loaded coming from gbagada expressway turning inward the bend to the third mainland bridge and then all of a sudden he lost control at the bend and fall then immediately caught fire, at first I call 112 the told me they dont responded to such emergency and hand up on me, then I called 767 it's so unfortunate I witnessed this I couldn't drive anymore with the shock , I blame myself for not going to church yesterday still in shock I dont like see things like this, to drive come dey fear me.. May their souls rest in perfect peace... May God continue to watch over us Day and Night.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by dododawa1: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Those BEND MAZDA full iyana aworo and south west road,Rising d back up because of loading.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Phemzeal(f): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hush, that's sad.
R.I.P's.

Meanwhile get a professional logo design for a token.

DM, let's deal.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Desusi: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Moneyboyz:
It's sad, one way or another we all will leave this world.
I hope to leave peacefully in my sleep and in my house when the time comes.
You prayer is no different from Balaam the son of bepor Num 22,who said let me die the death of the righteous and let my later end be like his.Are you born again? Do you live for Christ daily. Its not enough to pray to die well, but live for God thru His son Jesus.God will take care of you even in death.
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Iwedunloye: 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
PointZerom:
cheesy

The blood sucker have used their blood for political empowerment, after collecting their blood, he ran to London for renewal of energy and convanant. GO AND VERIFY.

Stop smoking weed you won’t hear see-as you disgrace your generation
Re: 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hypocritical beings They'd not touch any of the erring commercial drivers. 99% of their vehicles are not road worthy. Even lasma would look the other way each time they violate traffic offences because they're untouchable. The VIO/MOT Centres are built by lagos govt for only private vehicles. Anyone in doubt should visit any of the centres and come back here to refute this. You'd nit find a single danfo or LT on queue. The blood of the innocent lagosians lost will be visited on all of these thieves and callous beings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chuks Samson, The U.K Returnee Seen Wandering Around Lagos, Found (pics,video) / Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) / My Southern California Odyssey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.