Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo (1058 Views)

Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari / Nigerians Won't Bother About A Muslim/muslim Ticket - Bashir Ahmad Tells Tinubu / PDP too hungry for money to be given Power-Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2022
Nigerians too hungry to bother about their religious faiths in 2023 election – Keyamo
“Nigerians are hungry, they want to see how that hunger will be addressed, not how their Christian or Muslim faiths will be addressed."
BySamson Adenekan September 26, 2022 Reading Time: 2 mins read

A spokesperson of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, says Nigerians are too hungry to be swayed by their religious faiths in the choice they will make in the forthcoming general elections.

Mr Keyamo stated this during an interview with Channels Television on Sunday night, against the backdrop of the criticisms that have continued to trail the party’s Muslim-Muslim ticket.

The ruling APC is fielding Bola Tinubu, a South-west Muslim and Kashim Shettima, a North-east Muslim, as its presidential and vice presidential candidates in the February election.

Despite the kicks from groups, organisations and persons of Christian faith, the ruling party has not backed down on promoting the ticket, insisting that it is the best for Nigerians.

In reiterating this position, Mr Keyamo, argued that Nigerians would like to see policies that will address their hunger rather than bothering about their faiths.

“Nigerians are hungry, they want to see how that hunger will be addressed, not how their Christian or Muslim faiths will be addressed.

“They want to see our policies on agriculture and what Asiwaju has done before as governor of Lagos State, how he improved Lagos and how he will bring that kind of posterity to Nigeria as a whole,” he said.

Mr Keyamo also seized the opportunity to react to the condemnation of Tinubu/Shettima ticket by the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN).

The Christian group said it has no affiliation with clergymen under its umbrella that met with Mr Tinubu in Abuja on Friday. They also rejected the same faith ticket of the party.

“They should not be coming to question the decision of our party publicly. The purpose of pastors or their duty is to lead people to heaven not to lead people to villa.

“If I go to church every Sunday, I want to hear the sermon of God and I don’t want to hear the sermon of politics or who should rule me. I want to hear the sermon of God and what will lead me to salvation and not what to lead me to the villa,” Mr Keyamo argued.

While President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has continued to face strong criticisms from some individuals and groups for poor performance, the 2023 APC presidential candidate, Mr Tinubu, has promised to build on the incumbent’s legacy.

The same ruling party rode into power in 2015 by promising to effectively tackle insecurity, infrastructural decay and economic downturns but the reality differs.

As political parties gear towards the official commencement of campaign on 28 September, similar promises are already rolling not only from the APC candidates but also from candidates contesting under the other 17 political parties.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/556086-nigerians-too-hungry-to-bother-about-their-religious-faiths-in-2023-election-keyamo.html
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:42am On Sep 26, 2022
Festus keyamo is a fool

He's one of the many failures of this wicked government

APC must be wiped out of our political space in 2023

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Richardonald(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2022
I once said it that Apc cannot win any election in this country if it's free and fair.

Even tilumbu knows that, that is why they are banking on rigging and vote buying.. ask yourself why is Apc confident, campaigning to return to power, because they know that as far as they can share money to people, they have them on their feet...

The money tilumbu will use in this election, if he eventually wins, Nigeria will never recover from debtgrin

True true hunger dey, and that is the weapon Apc want to use...

Vote wisely

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Kalashnikov49: 9:47am On Sep 26, 2022
All Nairaland zombies and the MODs that support their Stewpid benefactor thiefnubuu...are the people Hunger will kee!

That is why Tinubu wants to bless their generation with Agbado...and he will surely do it, as the

PRESIDENT OF IRABIJI Town Union!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Beckham14: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2022
It is quite sad that I share same state of origin with this compound fool....

When that white man called Festus Keyamo a “Mugu” so many miscreants here were attacking the white man... Now, we all can now see that Festus Keyamo is not just a “Mugu” but he's equally a full grown idiot.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by SlurUsername1: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2022
Twisted headline
Ipob pigs and propangada
Keyamo simply said Nigerians do not care about religion but are after any candidate that can address hunger in the land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2022
So why APC went for Muslim Muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by olisaEze(m): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2022
Is there no duck-tape in that Aso Rock to tie Mr Mugu’s mouth?? Every time he opens it the only thing that comes out is wawaaawaaaaa!! grin grin

Truly, Nigerians are hungry, but that’s because ur party has weaponized poverty against the masses for personal gain, just so no one can challenge their mismanagement of the country’s economy! Take a look outside ur gilded cage at the hungry faces, non is smiling at ur party’s candidate because they know that he is the architect of the sorrow & despair in the nation! Both u Keyamo & him will be left behind in the dustbins of history after 2023! Daniel Kanu of YEAA (Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha) that year, is an example of the future in front of Keyamo right now!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by nedu666: 9:55am On Sep 26, 2022
Keyamo is right.... the hunger his oga at the top the incompetent buharo visited on the population is unprecedented. So why should nigeria reward the same party that imposed hunger on them with another term.
If tinubu transformed Lagos, how come he could not transform osun, ekiti, ogun, ondo etc. Afterall na his boys dey in charge

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2022
Cool
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:
Twisted headline
Ipob pigs and propangada
Keyamo simply said Nigerians do not care about religion but are after any candidate that can address hunger in the land.
Okay, Mr fact checker, who unleashed the hunger Nigeria currently facing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by gabolak(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2022
Impoverished the citizens just to make sure they are unable to make reasonable decisions j

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by slivertongue: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2022
NIGERIANS too diversified to vote same fate ticket.
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Redstubpen: 10:10am On Sep 26, 2022
When will this evil man grow sense? / Someone that deliberately and mischievously leaked Eedris Abdulkareem request and solicitation for help.

insensitive Man

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2022
I know of a vulture griller on Nairaland that collected 10k for your principal's two tenure to buy some vultures, now he is broke and can't think for himself.

Festus used to be an admire barrister but things have changed.

He now sleeps in a house where the owners lacks every right to think. Hence they weaponized hunger and now the guy being high on crack comes to tell some stvpid folks they're so hungry. Ok!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by DadaHammed: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2022
The hunger and poverty that your party promoted in order to keep the citizens enslaved.

Thank God you have acknowledged how you messed up their lives. They will be waiting to pay you back next year through the ballot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Racoon(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2022
See this fool? This is another stupid, insulting & grossly irresponsible statement unbecoming of a minister of the Federal Republic under a government that has inflicted so much pain and anguish upon a nation. These idiots don't have any regards for the suffering citizens @ all.

-Acute Food insecurity: APC caused it.
-Extreme hunger and poverty: APC caused it.
-Unabating unemployment: APC caused it.
-Acute economic meltdown: APC caused it
-Menace of killer fulanis, bandits & BH: APC caused it.
-ASUU strikes while their children schooling abroad.
-Double digit inflation & companies folding: APC.

The govt he subserves weaponised poverty yet this food have the gut to insult the sensibility of the downtrodden and beleaguered Nigerian masses by rubbing this shit on their face.

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by SlurUsername1: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2022
tsephanyah:
okay Mr fact checker who unleashed the hunger in Nigeria currently facing

Has there ever been a time when Nigeria stopped having hungry people since 1960?
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by clarocuzioo(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2022
Exactly, APC weaponised hunger so that they can always manipulate Nigerians from thinking logically for themselves.
They deliberately brought abject poverty to Nigerians so they can have willing tools for their wicked and evil agenda.
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Has there ever been a time where Nigeria stopped having hungry people since 1960?
just like since the beginning of time humans/animals are always hungry and looking for food. Don't get smart with me. BUHARI DELIBERATELY WEAPONIZED THE ECONOMY TO PUT MORE PEOPLE IN HUNGER. ask me why he did that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by SlurUsername1: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2022
tsephanyah:
just like since the beginning of time humans/animals are always hungry and looking for food. Don't get smart with me. BUHARI DELIBERATELY WEAPONIZED THE ECONOMY TO PUT MORE PEOPLE IN HUNGER. ask me why he did that
So who are the hungry people in Nigeria that buhari plunged into penury that have been living a life flowing with milk and honey since 1999?
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

So who are the hungry people in Nigeria that buhari plunged into penury that have been living a life flowing with milk and honey since 1999?
all of us, including you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Betanaija42moro: 11:11am On Sep 26, 2022
And APC made Nigerians hungry by causing us hardship..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Iliveforever(m): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2022
Simple question is this; WHO MADE NIGERIANS HUNGRY?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by SlurUsername1: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2022
tsephanyah:
all of us, including you.

Well I'm a beneficiary of some of the policies of this regime that revitalized the agricultural sector and I'm living comfortably as a result, you may have been a beneficiary of the corruption ridden chop I chop government of previous regimes, understandly so.
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Maxymilliano(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2022
Nigerians too hungry to bother about their religious faiths in 2023 election – Keyamo
Keyamo is working against Tinubu's life long ambition certainly
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Well I'm a beneficiary of some of the policies of this regime that revitalized the agricultural sector and I'm living comfortably as a result, you may have been a beneficiary of the corruption ridden chop I chop government of previous regimes, understandly so.
I don't believe you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Mrkindness: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2022
Is this Kayemo well at all. And Deborah was killed, MURIC says Muslims shouldn't vote a Christian president.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by buchiuzor: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2022
When you weaponise poverty, you talk anyhow

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Think9ja(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2022
Hunger caused by the same party he's marketing.

And no, when it comes to religion in Nigeria, it is so sensitive that hunger is pushed aside for a moment.
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by techWriter3: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
Re: Nigerians Too Hungry To Bother About Their Religion – Keyamo by Tetrahedron: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
Join Apc and lose your senses!
Wait oo its like this witchcraft party has a strong jazz on anyone that joins that they instantly become a zombie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Wike Referring To Peter Obi In Pdp's 1 Billion Loan Scandal? / Is Obasanjo Right After All? / So Nkechi Got To Read My Nairaland Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.