Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari (14254 Views)

Sanwo-olu Takes A Course In Leadership At Harvard As He Sets To Govern Lagos / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos / Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by ogododo: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2023
Former President Muhammadu Buhari has maintained that he did his best in the eight years that he governed Nigeria.

Buhari made the disclosure in an interview with the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).

Daily Trust reports that this is his first interview since leaving office on May 29, 2023.

He said Nigerians are a difficult bunch to manage because “they think they should be” in charge “not you”.

God gave me the opportunity to serve my country, but I did my best. But whether my best was good enough, I leave for people to judge.

“Nigerians are extremely difficult. People know their rights. They think they should be there, not you.

“So, they monitor virtually every step. And you have to struggle day and night to ensure that you are competent enough,”
he said.

Questioned on the integrity of many of the people surrounding him during administration, the former president stated that “it is their problem “, querying what the persons who criticized him fiercely had done at their individual levels to fight corruption.

Buhari said he allowed people to do their jobs when he assigned tasks, stressing that if he was given the same chance he would not do anything differently under Nigeria’s current system.

The former president stated that he endorsed the controversial naira redesign policy in the twilight of his administration to protect his own integrity and to show Nigerians there was no shortcut to success.

“Whether Nigerians believe it or not, we are an underdeveloped country. And in that sort of situation, there’s materialism and sometimes ruthlessly they didn’t care how they made the money.

“I still feel that the only way I could deprive these people was just to make sure that my integrity became unquestionable… I think as a developing country we still have a long way to go.

“The motivation (for the policy) was to try and make Nigerians believe that there is no shortcut to successful leadership,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-too-hard-to-govern-buhari/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by TemplarLandry: 10:55am On Nov 21, 2023
cool …Especially the recalcitrant Hellu Pee lot.

I dedicate “OH NO” by Black Sheriff to Mr. Buhari.
Great jam!

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by 1TrippleCee: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Hide in shame you blood tasty crook.

You took $50 Billoon dollars in loan close to the end of your tenure in collaboration with Emefiele that is un accounted for till today. This is asides the many glaring corruptions that your administration was famous for.

Normally you should be in jail by now especually for many extra judicial killings fron the Shiites to El Zalzaky and over 5,000 - 20,000 youths killed in the south eastern part of the country.

You committed a massacre ordering for the killings of hundreds of youths who were peaceful demonstrators at Lekki, killing them because you wanted to hide your incompetence.

Under your watch, the nation divided more thab it had ever, suicides increased, divorce became a norm.

You will continue to remain Earth's most incompetent leader. Even Mobutu Sesseko showed greater competence.

You have no redemption for your soul for the souls killed. Muhammed Buhari, judgement of God awaits you after death for the wanton waste of lives and atrocities that your hands are filled with.

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Freshtruth(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Look at this beast sad since 2003 u have been fighting to become president so u don't know then that Nigerians were to hard to Govern u Dullard?
You want to be President you want to be president and you don't even know the meaning of Administration undecided
When you inherit Goodluck Johnathan Government is this how you saw it?
When you came on Board Bag of rice was just 15k dollar was 350naira and Nigerians were complaining back then. At least Obasanjo set the bar going, Yaradua raise the bar, Goodlick was able to maintain the bar to an extent and the Barton was pass to a well known dullard who does not even know what to do mumu just take the country back to square one, how can u just wake up without given Nigerians notice if you were civilize to make Nigerians prepare for Border closure, when the wicked is in power the People suffer. You still even get mouth to even talk sad Oga hide yourself you get luck say no be Colombia be this just a citizen would had forget a bullet on your dull brain

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Aonkuuse(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2023
People will insult him until given small opportunity to govern

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by ElSudani: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Well, people lost their lives so baba could protect his integrity. He could have done it with a less devastating impact on the lives of others.
The color change was unnecessary.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by iwaeda: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2023
ogododo:
Former President Muhammadu Buhari has maintained that he did his best in the eight years that he governed Nigeria.

Buhari made the disclosure in an interview with the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA).

Daily Trust reports that this is his first interview since leaving office on May 29, 2023.

He said Nigerians are a difficult bunch to manage because “they think they should be” in charge “not you”.

“God gave me the opportunity to serve my country, but I did my best. But whether my best was good enough, I leave for people to judge.

“Nigerians are extremely difficult. People know their rights. They think they should be there, not you.

“So, they monitor virtually every step. And you have to struggle day and night to ensure that you are competent enough,” he said.

Questioned on the integrity of many of the people surrounding him during administration, the former president stated that “it is their problem “, querying what the persons who criticized him fiercely had done at their individual levels to fight corruption.

Buhari said he allowed people to do their jobs when he assigned tasks, stressing that if he was given the same chance he would not do anything differently under Nigeria’s current system.

The former president stated that he endorsed the controversial naira redesign policy in the twilight of his administration to protect his own integrity and to show Nigerians there was no shortcut to success.

“Whether Nigerians believe it or not, we are an underdeveloped country. And in that sort of situation, there’s materialism and sometimes ruthlessly they didn’t care how they made the money.

“I still feel that the only way I could deprive these people was just to make sure that my integrity became unquestionable… I think as a developing country we still have a long way to go.

“The motivation (for the policy) was to try and make Nigerians believe that there is no shortcut to successful leadership,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-too-hard-to-govern-buhari/

He couldn't resign and leave for Daura earlier; than to throw millions to abject poverty and sorrow. grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by GanagiBitrus: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2023
It's not really Nigerians but the Country's structure.

Way Forward is RESTRUCTURING:
Let there be True Federation where every State controls its resources. It will make many States to look inwards & strive to be self-sufficient.
You'll be surprised by the rapid progress we'll make after 10yrs.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Racoon(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2023
See how he is insulting the sensibility of a nation. And this stupid incompetent and clueless fool foisted himself on this nation for 8 years with the help of the disaster promax he handed over to?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Freshtruth(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2023
Aonkuuse:
People will insult him until given small opportunity to govern
zombie them force am? Yes if you know u can't govern leave it for people who can do the job me wey they type sef know say I no feel lead, a leading is a skill a leader must take criticism and expect problem to solve cause the people you are leading are not fools y are leading both illiterates and highly Learned citizens

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Freshtruth(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
It's not really Nigerians but the Country's structure.

Way Forward is RESTRUCTURING:
Let there be True Federation where every State controls its resources. It will make many States to look inwards & strive to be self-sufficient.
You'll be surprised by the rapid progress we'll make after 10yrs.
when the top is bad the bottom is rotten this election is not working at all cause INEC has been compromise I think our Leaders should be appointed not elected

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by thesicilian: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2023
Hard to govern for incompetent tribal bigots

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by ogododo: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2023
Nlfpmod bubu de form Saint.
Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by ogododo: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2023
thesicilian:
Hard to govern for incompetent tribal bigots
Una no see am.
Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2023
S. t. f. u sir

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by ClearFlair: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2023
What's this
Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by westfield: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
Even God go reject to govern Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by specialmati(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
grin angry grin grin grin grin says the Messiah of that vulture meat seller.na this illiterate that was asking the masses if buying fuel at 165 and exchange rate at 190 ok in 2015.only to triple the price before 2023

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by noskcid(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
Why didn’t you resign when you discovered this initially?

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Okanatansiike: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
Animal from daura

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by MorataFC: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
grin grin grin angry yet u spent 8 years

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by GOTVee: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by lamalang(m): 11:56am On Nov 21, 2023
This illiterate should keep quite

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:56am On Nov 21, 2023
The daura dullarddinho is only good at managing cows

So he shut his mouth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Lukuluku69(m): 11:56am On Nov 21, 2023
If given another Chance to Rule again, you Will still take it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by BigDawsNet: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2023
It's not really hard...

But there are sets or group of people whose job is to make sure Nigeria do not WORK

Asl long as the NIGERIA stay messed-up... they make more wealth and fortune...

One scary yoruba proverb says...Asi so oro ni ti tenikan o baje ti eni kan o le da....

Everyone at this point should not joke with prayer...
Only God can help us

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Jcomtrader: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Then you should have stayed away. Your election cast 1000s of lives abd killed many corpers. Tanked our economy. Destroyed what was left

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Too Hard To Govern – Buhari by Decarbonisation: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Buhari Oloriburuku baba failure

Bloody incompetent and corrupt bastard, onikuuuure

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race / Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore / Orji Is To Abia What Mandela Is To South Africa - Abia Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.