Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,365 members, 7,957,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo (1063 Views)

Festus Keyamo Welcomes Atiku With This Message / Reno Omokri Slams Festus Keyamo Over PDP Coalition / Festus Keyamo Mocks "Coalition" Against Buhari. Calls Them Husband & wife Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2022
Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Keyamo
Festus Keyamo, SAN
By
Joshua Odeyemi
Mon, 26 Sep 2022 09:31:26 GMT
Festus Keyamo, the spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, has condemned Christian leaders for meddling in the affairs of the party.

Keyamo, while speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, urged Christian leaders to concentrate on ‘soul winning’ rather than dabbling into politics.

Nollywood actress under fire for sharing intimacy gadgets at mother’s remembrance
Take northern govs call for state police seriously
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) was responding to the position of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) on the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the APC.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and his running mate, Kashim Shettima, are both Muslims — a development that has elicited mixed reactions from Nigerians, especially the Christian community.

The PFN had on Sunday said it had no affiliation with the Pentecostal Bishops Forum of Northern Nigeria whose members met with Tinubu on Friday in Abuja.

The Deputy National Secretary of the PFN, Bishop David Bakare, had in an interview with The Cable, had maintained that the opposition of the PFN, an arm of the Christian Association of Nigeria, on the same-faith presidential ticket of the APC had not changed.

But Keyamo who was visibly livid queried: “Is the PFN or CAN a member or structure of APC? The vice presidential candidate is a decision of our party leaders.”

He added, “The PFN are not members of our party, they should not be coming to question the decision of our party publicly. The duty of pastors is to lead people to heaven, not to lead people to Villa [the seat of power in Nigria].

“They are not called by God to lead people to the Villa. If I go to church every Sunday, I want to hear the sermon of God, I don’t want to hear the sermon of politics or who should rule me.

“It is our party’s decision. These external bodies are not part of us. If they want to take part in the decision-making process, they can as well come and join the political party. But they cannot stay outside and dictate to us how to conduct our affairs.

“If it is so offensive to certain persons, there is no need for the noise. They have options.

“They are called by God to lead to heaven. If I go to Church every Sunday, I want to hear the sermon of God, not the sermon of politics on who should rule me. I want to listen to them talk about salvation, not villa.”

https://dailytrust.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-pastors-job-is-to-lead-people-to-heaven-not-villa-keyamo
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2022
Pastors of nowadays

1 Like

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2022
Jennifer663:
Pastors of nowadays
so you are blaming the pastors for speaking against Muslim Muslim ticket. Anyways, you are christians I'm not. you know more on how pastors supposed to be act on politics than me

5 Likes

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by 4teenblaq: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2022
Lawyers' job is to foster good governance and declare war on insecurity, corruption and bad governance with fairness and justice. Not imposing crime and promoting corrupt people.

7 Likes

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Anigreat: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2022
shocked

Guterman was right after all to say that this self acclaimed SAN is "Empty head dunce"

The prophets of old played crucial rules in electing kings to Israelites, infact without the prophet no king can be chosen. Those days is not different from today. So be it Pope , cardinal, Apostle , bishop, Reverend, Pastor or whatever religious title the person hold, such person has every right , authority, power, to choose the acceptable leader that is accepted in spiritual realm to the people.

This self acclaimed SAN will continue to be fóolish till the end of time...each day that passes by, he shows the world how foolish and myopic he is.

10 Likes

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Dreal1247: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2022
Festus may cause more harm than good to his party through these utterances. If he was to be a pastor, considering what the Muslim presidency has done to the body of Christ in past eight years, would he still encourage his members to support the same political party with now Muslim/Muslim ticket?

1 Like

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Maxymilliano(m): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2022
Pastor's job is to lead people to heaven same way APC has been leading Nigerians to hell on earth
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2022
Wahala people
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by HarlequinLekex: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2022
You don't need to be told APC government is a failed one and some will still vote the sleepy man
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by WibusJaga: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2022

Very laughable to hear Tinubu claim that the choice of Shettima was out of competence & not religiosity.
So there is no competent Christian in the North?
&Would he have still chosen Shettima if he, Shettima was a Christian?

The ancestor bat is the one that generated the religious bad blood with his satanic Mu-Mu ticket & so he should not complain if pastors sensitise their members on its dangers.

1 Like

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2022
Keyamo is high on something more than loud.

This man sees everything as politics.

Pastors, doctors, engineers, teachers, traders should stay away from politics??

A lawyer can't in all his wisdom interpret section two of Nigerian constitution which states that "power lies with the people".

Sorry for urchins anyway. They sold their sanity just like the vulture griller sold his sanity to his "darling daddy".

3 Likes

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by omowolewa: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2022
Jam talk

Some people can sell their fathers grave to stay relevant
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by PandoraObi: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2022
Good good good
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by tsephanyah(f): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2022
omowolewa:
Jam talk

Some people can sell their fathers grave to stay relevant
grin
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Iliveforever(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2022
And your job and that of ur colleagues is to lead people to poverty and hunger.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Betanaija42moro: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2022
Wicked APC

Meanwhile, Nigerian youths will be marching on the streets of Lagos and other cities on October 1st in support of Obi-Datti.

Let's say No to bad governance, corruption, insecurity, inflation, unemployment, killings, kidnapping etc.

A better Nigeria is possible
A New Nigeria is coming

Remember, Nigerian youths are contesting for presidency through Obi-Datti.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Lazyreporta(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2022
Ok

But they also part of Nigeria, they have say.
Make them just dey think rightly
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by muykem: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Guterman was right after all to say that this self acclaimed SAN is "Empty head dunce"

The prophets of old played crucial rules in electing kings to Israelites, infact without the prophet no king can be chosen. Those days is not different from today. So be it Pope , cardinal, Apostle , bishop, Reverend, Pastor or whatever religious title the person hold, such person has every right , authority, power, to choose the acceptable leader that is accepted in spiritual realm to the people.

This self acclaimed SAN will continue to be fóolish till the end of time...each day that passes by, he shows the world how foolish and myopic he is.
Please without insult can you tell me the role of the prophet in choosing kings in the bible with example. What I know is that God singlehandedly chose King and only ask prophet to anoint after chosen.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Think9ja(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2022
We need to first of all enjoy the heaven on Earth, before we enjoy the one in the after life. And it is only when the right leader is elected that we can enjoy the one on Earth.

So anyone they're campaigning against will not give them heaven on Earth.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by franchasofficia: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2022
angry
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Racoon(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2022
And your liar, fraud and scammer of your principal desperately hired fake agbadorian and cassava munching bishops to legitimise his devilish muslim-muslim ticket combo?

So Islam is intricately woven into politics but Christainity is not? You can't associate or defend APC with looking or appearing stupid.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by derecho(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2022
Kikikiki... Na part of the yeye podcast be Dis?
Always playing to the gallery
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by nazicartel(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2022
Pastors are also Nigerians too. They have the right to exercise their right. My priest has never voted in his life. So he told me that he will be voting for the first time next year
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by RepoMan007: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2022
Such ignorant humans we have a leaders all imposed by secret society.

If that wàs the case 3 john 2 wouldn't say "beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper... "
After making life miserable and hard for eight years this animal is still trying to play politics of division. May the fire of God locate and consume this one.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by dollytino4real(f): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Let his family check the drugs dis ikpi is taking of recent! because they might have expired
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Honjoshy4u: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Keyamo is a joke.
But when Muric attack christians and speak in favour of muslim Politicians you will loss your voice
Getat.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
muykem:
Please without insult can you tell me the role of the prophet in choosing kings in the bible with example. What I know is that God singlehandedly chose King and only ask prophet to anoint after chosen.
But you have answered yourself na. In bible times, only 2 personalities mattered in the coronation of a government. God and the prophet. The point here being that a prophet/religious leader of any faith is not limited to the message of salvation.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by orisa37: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
THE VILLA IS A STUMBLING BLOCK ON THE WAY TO HEAVEN. ALL PASTORS KNOW THAT.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by Tenses: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
muykem:

God speaks through the prophets. A lot of examples abound in the bible. Read the book of first and second Samual, book of Kings and Chronicles. He won't spoon feed you. Don't be lazy. You can easily browse it online.
Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by esivue007(m): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2022

I was fully raged when I watched this interview with Foetus abi na Festus them call am on channels Tv this Morning.

The Man stupidity no be here....Spit

1 Like

Re: Pastors’ Job Is To Lead People To Heaven, Not Villa – Festus Keyamo by ambale(m): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
And this man is a SAN

Hmmm kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Supporters Are Now Saying, "Wait Till Election Day" / Jakande Built LTV For Lagosians; Tinubu Built TVC & Max FM For Himself / Tinubu Is Unstoppable Says Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.