Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nightmare Dealing With Ecobank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nightmare Dealing With Ecobank (219 Views)

Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nightmare Dealing With Ecobank by unikwa: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
Have you had a situation where you did a transaction online,
- your account was debited,
- but the recipient did not receive the money?

Such is the situation I find myself in right now.

I emailed the bank, they promised to look into it, but they have done nothing about it for over a month now.
I kept emailing, but they just reply that they've transferred it to the appropriate department. Then nothing happens.
I have also used their bot chat to report the issue. Still no action taken by Ecobank.

I am traveling currently, so I'm unable to visit one of the branches.
So I sent someone to just tell them to look into the matter, and reimburse my account. But Ecobank refused. They said I must appear in person before they would do anything about it.

So how can I appear in person, when I am traveling?

Why is Ecobank treating customers so poorly?

Does anybody have suggestions on what to do about this matter?
Re: Nightmare Dealing With Ecobank by zyphr(m): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
unikwa:
Have you had a situation where you did a transaction online,
- your account was debited,
- but the recipient did not receive the money?

Such is the situation I find myself in right now.

I emailed the bank, they promised to look into it, but they have done nothing about it for over a month now.
I kept emailing, but they just reply that they've transferred it to the appropriate department. Then nothing happens.
I have also used their bot chat to report the issue. Still no action taken by Ecobank.

I am traveling currently, so I'm unable to visit one of the branches.
So I sent someone to just tell them to look into the matter, and reimburse my account. But Ecobank refused. They said I must appear in person before they would do anything about it.

So how can I appear in person, when I am traveling?

Why is Ecobank treating customers so poorly?

Does anybody have suggestions on what to do about this matter?

You have been patient enough. Report the shitty bank to CBN. The CBN advises customers to give banks at least two weeks to resolve any issues. If after lodging your complaint your Bank still fails to engage you and resolve the complaint within 2 Weeks, you have the right to escalate your complaint to the Consumer Protection Department (CPD) of the CBN.

Send a detailed email to your bank narrating the timeline of your frustration and make sure you copy the CPD or you just directly contact the CPD by sending an email to cpd@cbn.gov.ng, contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng or call +234 7002255226.
Re: Nightmare Dealing With Ecobank by unikwa: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2022
Thank you. The whole thing is just ridiculous, how nonchalant they are to customers.

(1) (Reply)

$ Is Trading 734 Now At The Black Market. / Sell Your Used Text Books On Six 33 Four NG / 6 Reasons To Hire A Logistic Company For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.