Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers (36105 Views)

OAUTH Removes Beds Which Randy Lecturers Use For Sexual Harassment / Gale Of Deaths Hits Varsity Lecturers In The North / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by nwekeugochukwu: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Houseofglam7(f): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
cry
May their souls Rest In Peace
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by folake4u(f): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
Teachers are the bedrock of society. It is a pity the government do not value education whereas they enjoyed the benefits of education in their time. cry

In my state, lecturers have turned to cab drivers, and other petty traders just to keep their family alive. It is a really sad situation.
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Pasima(m): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
They are fools
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by penearth(m): 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Don't get it
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by esivue007(m): 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:
Those attending Unical should please come and tell us if they are able to steal the educative produce of the ASUU lecturers who are now forced to come and let it be stolen from them for free.
Don't mind the press.
It's a lie.!
Although unical lost some lecturers but they're not up to 5 combined.

This news is just press @ work.
If you know you know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by zoedew: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/ASUU-strike-unical-loses-over-21-lecturers-exclusive/
IS ASUU REALLY THINKING OF STOPPING NOW WITHOUT ACHIEVING SOMETHING MEANINGFUL THIS TIME OUT CONSIDERING THE TOLL THE PRESENT EDITION HAS TAKEN ON THE NIGERIAN TERTIARY EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM AND THE HUMANS WHO INTERFACE WITH IT.
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by KanwuliaExtra: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
[sup][/sup] See BUHARI using Nigerians for ritual?

Only Buhari‘a health is improving while Nigerians are dying. cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by jimtemi1: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
lol,why are the dying? so millions of Nigerians that are unemployed for yes and still surving,they withheld your salary for just 7month you can't bear it...now those feeding fat now feel the meaning of joblessness

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Goodman247: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
Failed country
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Hydroxide(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2022
I know of 1 Non-Academic staff in Uniben that committed suicide due to none payment of salaries. This Buhari and APC government no show love at all. When you say vote wisely, they will think you are campaigning against their candidates. Useless people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by favour32(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2022
This APC government wicked.
Another APC government dey warm up.
Most people for Nigeria get short memory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Tinubuwins2023e: 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
There blood should be on ASUU. The government body of ASUU are selfish without putting into consideration other members that will not be able to survive the strike action.
ASUU executives killed them simple

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Ebubu: 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:
Those attending Unical should please come and tell us if they are able to steal the educative produce of the ASUU lecturers who are now forced to come and let it be stolen from them for free.

keep striking grin while more of your union members keep dying.

gringringringrin na me dem don render orphan and widow ? rubbish strikegrin

please strike into 2024grin

government must not pay you guys shishi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Buhari no send una...Almajiri no even like school...Za fresident is thinking of za next oquasion abroad to fly to and wear new babariga.

Abeg make una vote Agbado for continuation,;
Jagaban city boy. The man who single handedly mould Lagos grin
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Ebubu: 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
TheWorldNearEnd:
This is so sad to read. See what a bad government can subject its citizens to.
na government say make them strike? next time they will be afraid of strike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Ebubu: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Laggafin:
Buhari you no try at all.. May unborn Nigerians never experience buhari in dia lifetimes like my Generation cool
na Buhari say make dem strike?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by MuMuOnBail: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
grin

Why won't they die?

Those small-small university chicks, that were making them live longer with those pot of Egusi soup in-between their legs are now at home.
So no more cold room fun undecided

If not because of constant masturbation and Olosho visiting, it should have been something else for me.

MAY ALLAH PROTECT US AND PUNISH ALL THOSE BEHIND THE STRIKE CONTINUATION

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
Tropical diseases obviously cause much suffering and high rates of infant mortality in Africa, but they are not the reason Africa is poor. Disease is largely a consequence of poverty and of governments being unable or unwilling to undertake the public health measures necessary to eradicate them. England in the nineteenth century was also a very unhealthy place, but the government gradually invested in clean water, in the proper treatment of sewage and effluent, and, eventually, in an effective health service. Improved health and life expectancy were not the cause of England’s economic success but one of the fruits of its previous political and economic changes.
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Mayeldah(m): 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
So a professor don't have another source of income? What then is he teaching his students if he can't apply the knowledged he has to better his life?

If you are a salary earner and you don't have another stream of income in this country you are on a long thing. At least open a shop for Madam so that the family can depend on that if salary is withheld for a while, Buy a bus, open business center, anything that could also support your salary no matter how small.

For Buhari and APC, may thunder that was just manufactured last week strike you people for killing our lecturers indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Ebubu: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
adioolayi:
I can assure FGN that once the arrears of owed salaries is paid to Lecturers...Many of them will still use am complete their ja'pa process grin grin cheesy

Sadly, it is what it is... grin grin

that arrears will never be paid

strike till 2028

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Reference(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Irreparable damage.... a crisis of a lifetime.
But I have this many times....

ASUU is a trade union.
Why in heaven's name are they not formally sitting down with the leading Presidential candidates to trade support for their demands.

I tell you if they are seen bargaining with the opposing candidates the government will have a serious rethink as this will lead to a cascade of labour related upheavals and horse trading that will bring the present government rushing to sort out the mess for fear of losing power.
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Counterfeit: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Na these ones go make the real "Ghost workers".
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by NaijaCover(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nawa o
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Laggafin: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
na Buhari say make dem strike?
go and ask the dead lecturers
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by budaatum: 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

keep striking grin while more of your union members keep dying.

gringringringrin na me dem don render orphan and widow ? rubbish strikegrin

please strike into 2024grin

government must not pay you guys shishi

That's ok. Hope you're enjoying the time off from studies.

With demand for remote work, one can't possibly starve with lecturer skills. The strike frees up time for opportunities worldwide for one not to have to depend on a government that's not paying nor as much.
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by bewla(m): 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2022
T
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by balayoflife(m): 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
I reiterate that government must sit down with away and work things out...

No reasonable government will watch helplessly while students sit at home doing nothing

I teach students how to make money online legitimately through affiliate marketing

Check my info
Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by Confirm4real(m): 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nawao!

And Buhari is busy traveling up and down.

The same APC wants to retain power again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by boookworm: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nor be only.

I don't believe this.

Only thing I can say is "no work, no pay policy is the brightest idea FG has ever come up with

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by hedonido: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
Mayeldah:
So a professor don't have another source of income? What then is he teaching his students if he can't apply the knowledged he has to better his life?

If you are a salary earner and you don't have another stream of income in this country you are on a long thing. At least open a shop for Madam so that the family can depend on that if salary is withheld for a while, Buy a bus, open business center, anything that could also support your salary no matter how small.

For Buhari and APC, may thunder that was just manufactured last week strike you people for killing our lecturers indirectly.

Lol. Most lecturers and many salary earners in Nigeria are just incompetent opportunists.

I've since realized that in Nigeria specifically, anyone who can't earn money from their own mental, social or physical exertions outside of government jobs or organised employment is a bumbling, inferior idiot. Forget high sounding, vainglorious titles and the corresponding over-inflated egos.... Professor this, General that my foot.

If you get sense true true, figure out a way to kolombi your daily bread without salary or platform to loot/exploit from.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Deaths: UNICAL Loses Over 21 Lecturers by KushLyon(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
esivue007:
It is a lie
Some of our lecturers died for real And it was majorly due to brief illness etc..
One slumped too but he wasn't a lecturer.
Unical lecturers has started dieing even before the start of ASUU strike earlier this yr.

All these ....21 figure na audio figure.
It was done to fully capture the attention of FG and Nigerians @ large.

I doubt the credibility of this news sha. The death toll can't be as high as 21, na covid dey kill dem abi wetin? Haba!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To In A Nigerian Secondary School (Hilarious pics) / Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.