Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,248 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report (23004 Views)

Nigerians Won't Forget Tinubu If He Implements 2014 CONFAB Report - Bode George / Jonathan Didn't Attend Yaradua's Burial, See why (Photo) / I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by TheLawAsItIs: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nigeria’s former Minister of External Affairs, Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi, has recalled how the recommendations contained in the report of the 2014 National Conference were not implemented when submitted by the committee.

Akinyemi who spoke at the 9th annual lecture of the Foursquare Gospel Church held last Friday said he tried all he could to make former President Goodluck Jonathan sign the document but all to no avail.

He also recalled how he was invited to convince the former president of the need to convene the national conference.

He said, “Oronto Douglas called me one day and said we need to see. I said for what? And he said, “You need to come and talk to Oga, he is afraid that if he summons the National Conference, there would be a ‘walk out’ and it will fail. So, I want you to come and talk to him so that it will work and won’t fail.

“So, I went and we met. We started to talk about the protocol things, and I said, ‘Sir, this issue of the National Conference, and he said, ‘No, no, I don’t want to hear about it, don’t go there.’ And I told him that was why I visited. And he said If that was the reason why I visited then the conversation ends there. So, I got up and he walked me to the door and opened it.

“As I was about to go out, he said, ‘Do you think it will work?’ and I replied, ‘that what will work?’ and he said, ‘but you came here to talk about the National Conference’. I said but you did not want to hear about it. So, he asked me to sit down and that was how the conversation started. So, I prepared a blueprint and showed him.”

Akinyemi also revealed how the then-ruling Peoples Democratic Party almost hijacked the process.

He said, “The party got to know that something was being planned, and they accused him of not involving them. They said it won’t work and Jonathan said, ‘I have made up my mind’. They insisted that Jonathan should give it to the party to run but Jonathan didn’t oblige. After then, Okonjo Iweala said, there was no money for the budget. He then told Okonjo Iweala, ‘You find the money or you find yourself a new job.'”

“But when he then lost courage, we divided the result into three quadrants; one of which needed executive approval. And all he needed was to sign it, but he didn’t. I then met him and asked him to implement his own part, and he said, ‘Oh, I am coming back to the office. When we get in, we will do so.

“And I said, ‘Sir, you’re not God. It’s only God who decides who sits on that chair. He only took it to the National Assembly when he lost the election. And of course, the National Assembly would not sign a document by a president who had lost an election. So, that was what happened. At least you should have done your part and leave the rest to Buhari to decide.'”

https://punchng.com/how-jonathan-didnt-sign-confab-report-akinyemi/

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Gentino(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
The national conference if it had been implemented would have been a blueprint for a better Nigeria. All the ethnic, religious, tribal, minor and major groups/interests were all represented but APC was highly vocal against it. However, Jonathan lacked balls to implement the national conference organized and sponsored by him.

Prof Soyinka once described it as better conference compared to the one he attended.
Some described it as being better than Nigerian constitution because it represents interests and reality of every component of the country.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
I guess he also lost courage hence he failed to complete the 2nd Niger bridge.

I like dis type of revelation wen d person still dey alive.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
Gentino:
However, Jonathan lacked balls to implement the national conference organized and sponsored by him.

Baba failed the SOUTH. Hisbah go dey condemn & destroy alcohol yet dem dey enjoy tax revenue generated from alcohol.

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by nothingspoil70: 10:05pm On Sep 26, 2022
This is the man ipob pigs and obituarists wanted to rule us forever. This is the man Tinubu helped us to get rid of and the children of hate are using it against him. History will judge all of us.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by ElSudani: 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
nothingspoil70:
This is the man ipob pigs and obituarists wanted to rule us forever. This is the man Tinubu helped us to get rid of and the children of hate are using it against him. History will judge all of us.

Because they are not driven by common sense.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Tinubuadvocate: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
We know the tribe that destroyed this man politically.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Tirog: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
undecided
Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Brendaniel: 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

And the tribe that you helped Politically to become president, hope you have been enjoying them for the past 7 years...

nothingspoil70:

And Tinubu now brought in Buhari who has been punishing you for the past 7 years and you now want to reward Tinubu for punishing you...

Truely slavery is not only when there is a chain on someone's neck

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by mbahdi(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
Na so

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
Matters arising and buhari finally send fve documentation to archive grin grin angry

Funny leaders

3 Likes

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by bestman09(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
shocked
Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Ulforex: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
.h
Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2022
This man yoooo!

I grew up next to him and he made my childhood
Him get money die grin grin grin

He had a mini zoo in his house with peacocks, alligators, and kangaroos

Him Benz (S-Class) na die that year with wicked plate number BEAST

It was because of him I wanted to be a professor undecided undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by luvinhubby(m): 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
The same confab that APC, Tinubu & Buhari frustrated & abandoned it's report also only to turn around and reduce Nigeria & Nigerians to hungry paupers as was confirmed by Festus Keyamo on Channels tv.

We missed a glorious opportunity in 2015 to give Nigeria a turn around for good, we have another opportunity this time around to get itright in voting Peter Obi as our next president and we will not miss it in Jesus Christ name.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by jubrilELsudan: 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
HIM NA CONFAM ODE NAH?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by broadman20: 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
Jonathan was simply a FOOL!

A leader who was always pushed around without knowing really what to do.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by nothingspoil70: 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I know the tribe too

5 Likes

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Latestreport1: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Obidient Supporter Mocks Reno Omokri and FFK using Hens and Grains(video)

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFnBxcuurK0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Cherrybae(f): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
The SE were the ones that ruined GEJ politically.

This is same thing they are doing to Peter obi.

Anybody they support must fail. Im appealing to Atiku and Tinubu never to allow the SE and the IPOB Terorists to support them.

Peter obi is already dead politically. Once campaign starts obi will know he is dead politically and won't win a state.

Nigeria would have been better with the Ibos

Ibos are the problem of Nigeria. They are too emotional, sentimental the reason they remain 5%

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by Tinubuadvocate: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2022
But today they want to be Nigeria president.
nothingspoil70:
I know the tribe too

71 Likes

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by soloehis(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
nothingspoil70:
how long will you continue to hate ur fellow being who has done nothing to you? Know it that we all have an obligation to make the world a better place for us and our generation unborn..eliminate hate from our heart...a better wrld begins when we start seeing human as human..not as igbo,yoruba,hausa..Muslim or Christian....we are not going to live on this earth for ever..do the bit u can .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by owobokiri(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Cherrybae:
The SE were the ones that ruined GEJ politically.

This is same thing they are doing to Peter obi.

Anybody they support must fail. Im appealing to Atiku and Tinubu never to allow the SE and the IPOB Terorists to support them.

Peter obi is already dead politically. Once campaign starts obi will know he is dead politically and won't win a state.

Nigeria would have been better with the Ibos

Ibos are the problem of Nigeria. They are too emotional, sentimental the reason they remain 5%
This will not win the presidency for your grandpa Tinupoo.
Tribalism won't win you anything in this elections.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Akinyemi: How Jonathan Didn't Sign Confab Report by owobokiri(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
broadman20:
Jonathan was simply a FOOL!

A leader who was always pushed around without knowing really what to do.
A very naive wreck that never understood power and what power could do up till this moment.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki And Other Senators In Delta For Thanksgiving Service (Photos) / Obiano Packs Refuse During Sanitation Exercise This Morning / Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.