Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 (2957 Views)

Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari / Photos From Olu Falae's 80th Birthday / What Falae, Fayose Said About PDP Alliance With R-APC, Others Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by Kingspin(m): 12:45am On Sep 27, 2022
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/peter-obi-igbo-should-be-president-falae/

Throwing his weight behind calls for a South-East presidency, Chief Olu Falae, said though he was unaware of Afenifere’s position on Obi, he would support the South East in 2023.

Falae, a former Minister of Finance, said: “I am an Afenifere but as far as I am aware, Afenifere has not taken a position as an organization on a presidential candidate. That is the position.

“I did say sometimes ago that the Yoruba, as a people, are not morally obliged to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate because in 1999, when the rest of Nigeria conceded the presidency to Yoruba because of MKO Abiola’s issue, it was only the Igbo, who did not.

“I had to defeat Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife in the Alliance for Democracy to become the candidate for the AD/APP. Olusegun Obasanjo had to defeat Dr Alex Ekuweme in the PDP to become a candidate.

“The Igbo were the only ones that opposed both of us in our respective parties; they did not concede to us along with other Nigerians.
“However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

“The first two have been presidents and so, equity requires that the Igbo should be president. So, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person like I am, then you will vote for the Igbo based on equity.”
Falae, a former Minister of Finance, said: “I am an Afenifere but as far as I am aware, Afenifere has not taken a position as an organization on a presidential candidate. That is the position.

“I had to defeat Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife in the Alliance for Democracy to become the candidate for the AD/APP. Olusegun Obasanjo had to defeat Dr Alex Ekuweme in the PDP to become a candidate.

“The Igbo were the only ones that opposed both of us in our respective parties; they did not concede to us along with other Nigerians.

“However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

“The first two have been presidents and so, equity requires that the Igbo should be president. So, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person like I am, then you will vote for the Igbo based on equity.”

We’re not aligned to Afenifere—YCE

When contacted, Secretary-General of YCE, Dr Kunle Olajide, said the elders will meet and make their position known on which presidential candidate to support in 2023.

The YCE scribe said: “We have not been informed or briefed. Yes, we support restructuring and we stand for restructuring but as far as we are concerned, restructuring should be fundamental to any incoming government.

“So, Afenifere is not wrong in taking that decision but we were not informed, my president was not informed. We will make our stand known soon but we are not aligned to Afenifere supporting the presidential candidate of Labour Party.”

5 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by Kingspin(m): 12:53am On Sep 27, 2022
This is outside the fact that he is the best-articulated candidate.

Vote Peter Obi and change the dynamics of Nigerian political history and future.
It will no longer be business as usual.
Peter Obi's presidency will retire many politicians.

16 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ElSudani: 12:56am On Sep 27, 2022
"I did say sometimes ago that the Yoruba, as a people, are not morally obliged to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate because in 1999, when the rest of Nigeria conceded the presidency to Yoruba because of MKO Abiola’s issue, it was only the Igbo, who did not.

“However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo."

Koko of the matter, Yorubas are not morally obligated to vote for peter Obi. BUT, if you are Yoruba and you want to vote for him, it is your choice and no one will vilify you for that.
It is pure blackmail and a great distortion of facts to say Yorubas are indebted to Ibos politically, that is simply not true.

12 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by sirjoggy(m): 1:08am On Sep 27, 2022
People hate Barca because of dominance
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ebuk4real(m): 1:26am On Sep 27, 2022
That some youths are even thinking of voting APC next year is truly something a sane mind cannot fathom.

Well, come 2023, we will meet at the pools. BATs my foot

14 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ebuk4real(m): 1:29am On Sep 27, 2022
Oga

This propaganda don't hold water. Don't worry and Come 2023, nonentities like you will be shown that we have outgrown these cheap propaganda at the pools.

BATs my ass

ElSudani:
"I did say sometimes ago that the Yoruba, as a people, are not morally obliged to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate because in 1999, when the rest of Nigeria conceded the presidency to Yoruba because of MKO Abiola’s issue, it was only the Igbo, who did not.

“However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo."

Koko of the matter, Yorubas are not morally obligated to vote for peter Obi. BUT, if you are Yoruba and you want to vote for him, it is your choice and no one will vilify you for that.
It is pure blackmail and a great distortion of facts to say Yorubas are indebted to Ibos politically, that is simply not true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by GeneralPula: 1:30am On Sep 27, 2022
I did say sometimes ago that the Yoruba, as a people, are not morally obliged to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate because in 1999, when the rest of Nigeria conceded the presidency to Yoruba because of MKO Abiola’s issue, it was only the Igbo, who did not.

I had to defeat Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife in the Alliance for Democracy to become the candidate for the AD/APP. Olusegun Obasanjo had to defeat Dr Alex Ekuweme in the PDP to become a candidate.

"
Igbos don’t believe in fairness. It’s not in their dictionary. The only time they do mention fairness is when they wants to play victim. Anything aside from that, it’s chest beating, lies & hate..

However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

Chief Olu, you’ve spoken well sir. Peter Obi is in the race. He has the ticket already. Everything is being done based on fairness:
Yorubas in Pdp would vote Atiku.
Yorubas in Apc would vote Tinubu.
Yorubas in Labor party would vote Pandora.
Gaskia!

A Chelsea player can’t get any reward from Liverpool, no matter how fair Liverpool wanna be! Yorubas in Apc won’t vote for Pandora, just like Igbos in Labor party won’t vote Tinubu - some of them even said tinubu won’t see 1% votes in SE and no one is mad at it..

I believe the yorubas in Pdp for vote them well, for say they fought to secure the ticket under Pdp. But no, they ran away from Pdp they’ve served for years. That was their mistake. People like fayose, Makinde, oyinlola & co would not abandoned their party, Pdp for labor party and I believe they would work for obi too if he his the one holding the Pdp ticket..

5 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ElSudani: 1:31am On Sep 27, 2022
ebuk4real:
Oga

This propaganda don't hold water. Don't worry and Come 2023, nonentities like you will be shown that we have outgrown these cheap propaganda at the pools.

BATs my ass

The quote was Chief Olu Falae in his own words. If you want to cry or dispute what he said you better find a way to reach him.

7 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by BigIyanga: 1:32am On Sep 27, 2022
ElSudani:

He’s rewriting history. Igbos founded PDP, supported OBJ 2x and voted against their sons: Ojukwu as presidential candidate and Okadigbo as GMB’s running mate.. WTF is he smoking?!

5 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:37am On Sep 27, 2022
BigIyanga:

He’s rewriting history. Igbos founded PDP, supported OBJ 2x and voted against their sons: Ojukwu as presidential candidate and Okadigbo as GMB’s running mate.. WTF is he smoking?!

You are a shameless liar and a deceptive person.

—In 1998 Jos convention, Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo and he was defeated because the North supported Obasanjo against him. Igbos never found PDP, that party was collectively founded by both North and South.

—Even in 2003, Ekueme contested against OBJ in the primaries even when other people conceded.

—What about 1993, It was only the Igbos that voted against Abiola in the South, did we not know the history?

Even in that 2003, Ohaneze threatened brimstone and they only gave in because they know the Igbos can never defeat the re-election of Obasanjo and Buhari was a more deadlier enemy. So they licked their vomit and supported OBJ for re-election.

You see how Falae spoke, he mentioned that the Yorubas have no reason to vote the Igbos but the man just thought because of turn by turn, some Yorubas should reconsider.

For me, all these old guys are on their own. Afenifere and Falae are more leaning towards the PDP previously and it’s normal that they are antagonizing Tinubu right now while trying to peg it on Peter Obi and some turn by turn stuffs.

7 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ElSudani: 1:41am On Sep 27, 2022
BigIyanga:

You are lying sir. Several groups came together to form the PDP. However, Ekwueme was made the first chairman.

1 Like

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by gafsal: 1:43am On Sep 27, 2022
Yet to feel the political strength or numbers of afenifere that is so much to burst the balloons of TINUBU, anyway February is just around the corner.

Give me any YOUTH from Kingsley mogalu, sowore etc not Peter obi that is dinning with formal leaders we all condemned for the failures of the nation and still obi promise to RESCUE US from them.

What a brain washed and hidden agenda...

I will better stay with known devil with developmental strides and records. TINUBU.

5 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:48am On Sep 27, 2022
Same Falae folks who are hardcore Awoist know the story how the Igbos stoned Awolowo during his campaign in the 70s, same people never voted MKO and even went as far as spearheading the annulment case, same people never voted Falae our candidate in 1999.

Why must the Afenifere pander to the Igbos? Why must it be the Yorubas extending hand of fairness when the Igbos will never reciprocate if they were to be at our vantage position?

The sweet thing about all this is that all these men are nobody politically in the SW. They fell to the bulldozer of Obasanjo and every Awoist ideology in them got eroded completely.

In the West, we only know Tinubu as the foremost leader. All these baba can only talk, we hear them, but we will do what we will do in the best interest of the Yorubas and if they do the vote a billion times, Tinubu will always win the West.

5 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:54am On Sep 27, 2022
Below is 1998 PDP presidential primaries result. Even after the larger North conceded to the Yoruba because of MKO issue, the Ibos still contested against OBJ and same thing was done for Falae in AD before the merger with APP.

Same people will now come today to guilt trip uninformed Yoruba liberals forming woke online by saying the Ibos supported us.

—Obasanjo 67.98%

—Ekwueme 21.36%

—Don Etiebet 4.35%

—Graham Douglas 2.91%

And the rest shared the remaining.

2 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by derecho(m): 1:56am On Sep 27, 2022
E don dey hot
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by aariwa(m): 2:00am On Sep 27, 2022
I voted falae in 1999 because Obj avoided debates and falae was a better candidate but Obj rigged that election because I believe falae won him. This time I am voting for Peter Obi because he is the best candidate and not tribalism or igbo turn.I am not sure there is a living igbo politicians that can get up to 10% of Igbo votes today but for igbos to support Obi means he is an extra ordinary and impeccable character. Igbos before Obi were generally disinterested in national politics because most of them have a source of livelihood that is outside politics and I think Obi got most of the igbos to support him after his trip to Egypt on power sector and his stand on moving Nigeria into a production country

1 Like

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by Beverlyjean(f): 2:20am On Sep 27, 2022
LegendHero:
Below is 1998 PDP presidential primaries result. Even after the larger North conceded to the Yoruba because of MKO issue, the Ibos still contested against OBJ and same thing was done for Falae in AD before the merger with APP.

Same people will now come today to guilt trip uninformed Yoruba liberals forming woke online by saying the Ibos supported us.

—Obasanjo 67.98%

—Ekwueme 21.36%

—Don Etiebet 4.35%

—Graham Douglas 2.91%

So what if igbos contested in the primaries?? The only igbo man that ever ruled was Aguiyi Ironsi and he was killed after just 3 months in power... obasanjo ruled fir a yr ... Igbos also contested in 92 primaries but lost out .... Igbos wanted presidency just like the yorubas and ijaws wanted it too... but when they lost out , they still massively voted for Abiola and Obasanjo ... even the same yorubas dint vote for obasanjo in 99...

The yorubas are just selfish and wicked ...8 yrs presidency and 8 yrs VP .... even South South hv ruled...it is now the turn of the Igbos but those Afonjas are out again lead by that idiot drug dealer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ElSudani: 2:23am On Sep 27, 2022
Beverlyjean:

So what if igbos contested in the primaries?? The only igbo man that ever ruled was Aguiyi Ironsi and he was killed after just 3 months in power... obasanjo ruled fir a yr ... Igbos also contested in 92 primaries but lost out .... Igbos wanted presidency just like the yorubas and ijaws wanted it too... but when they lost out , they still massively voted for Abiola and Obasanjo ... even the sane yorubas dint vote for obasanjo in 99...

The yorubas are just selfish and wicked ...8 yrs presidency and 8 yrs VP .... even South South hv ruled...it is now the turn of the Igbos but those Afonjas are out again lead by that idiot drug dealer

They actually voted for Tofa, not Abiola. Stop lying, all liars are going to hell.
They voted for Obasanjo though, while most Yorubas voted for Falae. I am sure you can see a pattern here.

3 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by Beverlyjean(f): 2:32am On Sep 27, 2022
ElSudani:

They actually voted for Tofa, not Abiola. Stop lying, all liars are going to hell.
They voted for Obasanjo though, while most Yorubas voted for Falae. I am sure you can see a pattern here.

Anambra voted for Abiola...but besides that...what did u expect, Tofas vice was an Igbo man ...Abiolas vice was Hausa ...
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 2:37am On Sep 27, 2022
Beverlyjean:

So what if igbos contested in the primaries?? The only igbo man that ever ruled was Aguiyi Ironsi and he was killed after just 3 months in power... obasanjo ruled fir a yr ... Igbos also contested in 92 primaries but lost out .... Igbos wanted presidency just like the yorubas and ijaws wanted it too... but when they lost out , they still massively voted for Abiola and Obasanjo ... even the sane yorubas dint vote for obasanjo in 99...

You are a shameless liar just like your Ibo progenitors.

Igbos never voted Abiola and Obasanjo was never a Yoruba candidate in 1999. It was out of your irrational behavior that made you vote OBJ in 1999 against Yoruba interest.

Yoruba are selfish and wicked just like Afenifere and Pa Falae thinking they can please the hateful Ibos who have no word “Love” in their dictionary.

Atiku is a Fulani that intend to rule after Buhari in a stretch, the Igbos never direct the magnitude of hate against him as much as they directed against Asiwaju, do you ever ask yourself why?

Na only foolish Yoruba person go vote Ibo. Because Ibo were in Yoruba shoes on four different occasions and they voted against us at every time.

The irony here is an Ibo person calling someone else drug pusher. Something that even your Obi of Onitsha is the chief drug pusher and for every 100 Nigerian arrested for drug, 99 of them are Ibo and the remaining is a baby factory offspring from another hairy Ibo woman.

4 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 2:39am On Sep 27, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Anambra voted for Abiola...but besides that...what did u expect, Tofas vice was an Igbo man ...Abiolas vice was Hausa ...

When Awolowo Vice was Igbo in 1979, did you not gave Shagari more vote than him?

Ibo think they are wise. You even stoned him back then when he came to campaign in Iboland. Same Pa Adebanjo admitted the stoning, I don’t even know why the man is now supporting nonsense now. Maybe he’s been hypnotized.

2 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ImperialYoruba: 3:13am On Sep 27, 2022
Mr Falae said "if you are a fair-minded Yoruba. That is unfortunate for Ibo.

Because Yoruba youths are not fair-minded at all. grin

God bless incoming President Bola Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:36am On Sep 27, 2022
LegendHero:

You are a shameless liar just like your Ibo progenitors.

Igbos never voted Abiola and Obasanjo was never a Yoruba candidate in 1999. It was out of your irrational behavior that made you vote OBJ in 1999 against Yoruba interest.

Yoruba are selfish and wicked just like Afenifere and Pa Falae thinking they can please the hateful Ibos who have no word “Love” in their dictionary.

Atiku is a Fulani that intend to rule after Buhari in a stretch, the Igbos never direct the magnitude of hate against him as much as they directed against Asiwaju, do you ever ask yourself why?

Na only foolish Yoruba person go vote Ibo. Because Ibo were in Yoruba shoes on four different occasions and they voted against us at every time.

The irony here is an Ibo person calling someone else drug pusher. Something that even your Obi of Onitsha is the chief drug pusher and for every 100 Nigerian arrested for drug, 99 of them are Ibo and the remaining is a baby factory offspring from another hairy Ibo woman.
You're a Shameless liar..

Primary elections are for politicians and politicians will always go for their selfish interests. But the general elections is where the ordinary people can have a say. Same is happening today..

Facts are sacred..

OBJ won in the general elections in the southeast states.. OBJ is a Yoruba man from Ogun State..

Abiola won 57% of the votes cast in Anambra State and 48% in other southeast states. That is a very significant support considering an Igbo man was on the ballot as VP in the opposition NRC.

You can continue to delude yourself and tell yourself lies if that makes you feel better

1 Like

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:53am On Sep 27, 2022
I like how yorubas become political analyst and predictors overnight..

Including history professor..

hahahahahahaha.

Propaganda really finished them over the years..

You never hear a yoruba man traveling to see his kinsmen in the village...Lie Lie.. They abandon everyone in Ekiti for life,forming isale Eko..
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:54am On Sep 27, 2022
LegendHero:

When Awolowo Vice was Igbo in 1979, did you not gave Shagari more vote than him?

Ibo think they are wise. You even stoned him back then when he came to campaign in Iboland. Same Pa Adebanjo admitted the stoning, I don’t even know why the man is now supporting nonsense now. Maybe he’s been hypnotized.

Guy nobody send you like this...

You are suddenly relevant because a man who asked where are the cows is contesting..

Gettat
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:55am On Sep 27, 2022
LegendHero:

—Obasanjo 67.98%

—Ekwueme 21.36%

—Don Etiebet 4.35%

—Graham Douglas 2.91%

Ndi copy paste,Google is your friend and propaganda digester..

And you think he's making sense from his own sense.

Writing trash since 1900
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:57am On Sep 27, 2022
ElSudani:

Yoruba no get levels please...don't let propaganda eat you up..

From Awolowo to Abiola to whoever..both thieves

Your greatest man was TB joshua..
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by Dalnadoni: 4:01am On Sep 27, 2022
Lemme keep reading comments...

Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by ebufa: 4:14am On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=ElSudani post=117041431][b]"I did say sometimes ago that the Yoruba, as a people, are not morally obliged to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate because in 1999, when the rest of Nigeria conceded the presidency to Yoruba because of MKO Abiola’s issue, it was only the Igbo, who did not.

All that one na cheap talk........leave the primaries......question is did Igbos vote for Obasanjo or not? did Igbos vote for yaradua or not? did Igbos vote for Jonathan or not?....................let other ethnic nations vote for Igbos now!
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 27, 2022
P.O is worth it. Let’s give the Igbos a try.

They’re Nigerians.
Re: Falae: An Igbo Person Should Be President In 2023 by BigIyanga: 5:34am On Sep 27, 2022
LegendHero:

You are a shameless liar and a deceptive person.

—In 1998 Jos convention, Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo and he was defeated because the North supported Obasanjo against him. Igbos never found PDP, that party was collectively founded by both North and South.

—Even in 2003, Ekueme contested against OBJ in the primaries even when other people conceded.

—What about 1993, It was only the Igbos that voted against Abiola in the South, did we not know the history?

Even in that 2003, Ohaneze threatened brimstone and they only gave in because they know the Igbos can never defeat the re-election of Obasanjo and Buhari was a more deadlier enemy. So they licked their vomit and supported OBJ for re-election.

You see how Falae spoke, he mentioned that the Yorubas have no reason to vote the Igbos but the man just thought because of turn by turn, some Yorubas should reconsider.

For me, all these old guys are on their own. Afenifere and Falae are more leaning towards the PDP previously and it’s normal that they are antagonizing Tinubu right now while trying to peg it on Peter Obi and some turn by turn stuffs.

Lol. History rewriter. Ekwueme founded G34 and Obj didnt want to become president. He said ‘ how many presidents did u want to produce out of me’. Military guys dragged Obj into presidency.Yorubas werent part of PDP cos they had chosen AD
Jim Nwobodo and co voted for him at convention. Emeka offor gave N100m to Obj campaign. Igbos voted for him 2x while he lost in his ward in 1999 and all Yorubaland. Yorubas rejected Obn

Back to Olu Falae. His party AD, could not score 25% in all regions.. because it was a regional party. INEC had to give them a spcial confidential consideration in order to form alliance with APC to produce Falae-Shinkafi ticket. If north had supported him, he would have won.

MKO won in SDP Igbo state: Chukwuemeka Ezeife delivred Anambra state for him.. and stood by him till he died.
Tell me how many times Yorubas have voted for Igbo presidential candidates??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In UK, most '9ja Menial Jobs' Pay More Than White Collar Jobs / Nimet Warns Of Flooding, Erosion! / Which President Since 9ja Was Born Is Better Than Jonathan; Ans With Reason.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.