Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes (25186 Views)

Ajimobi’s Commissioner, MKO Abiola’s Employee, Meet Members Of Tinubu’s Team / You’ll Be Lucky To Escape Lawsuit, Tinubu’s Team Tells Chimamanda Adichie / Transition: Tinubu’s Team To Join Federal Gov’t Delegation To World Bank Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Period007(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2022
Rapuru14:
Most of the Pro-Tinubu "Likes" are manipulated. Know this and know peace
Nairaland bots at work

I have seen a thread of 130 views getting over 300 likes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Abbeytoy(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2022
Efuaye:

Never say Never, brother!
God and Nature have a way of turning things around.

Its what it's throughout the world.

Majority will have thier way, while minority will have thier say
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by OdefaGirl(f): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

With all due respect in the world to Pa adebanjo, leader afenifere

Afenifere as a group is as insignificant as the letter 'p' in the word 'psychology' when talking about influencing the yorubas. So i guess they are just looking for mere cheap attention afterall, you will definitely get your 1-week fame. After that, the 'on your own' group 'afenifere' will crawl back inside the hole of insignifancy. Place befitting of a group that have vast history of never picking side with a winner before. Legendary bunch of losers.

Infact, nobody in the south-west gives a damn or heck about the Afenifere group opinion on political matters. Its opinion is personal to itself, and as such it's inconsequential, frivolous, inconsiderable, irrelevant, insignificant and minuscule.

May i remind, Pa. Adebanjo, with all due respect. That this same set of people wanting to rule Nigeria, invoke, instigate, abet and incite one of the greatest violence and distruction to ever hit one of the south-west region, Lagos state. They invaded our home, loot, burn, destroy our businesses in disguise of Endsarz revolution, even though if you can recall sir , that we openly accepted them in mass exodus into our region, we gave them suitable place to do business, sold them lands for houses... But all they could everly think of is to always bite the finger we use in feeding them repeatedly through deep hatred, insults, and going far as instigating us against eachother by using common words like Yoruba muslim-yoruba christians- Liberal yoruba muslim- northern slave yoruba muslim to divide us along religious line. They do this purely due to the hate they abhour towards us.

Sir, with due respect. I will never ever be part or party to any group of people, or be use as a tool that will bring onboard one of these children of hate that called this our beloved country which the yoruba is also an integral part a 'Zoo' .

People that refers to the yorubas as the 'Northerner slaves' and have never ever wish for the growth or stability of the yoruba region in general.

Infact let me be clear sir that if it is Peter obi only on the ballot, i as a person will rather not vote atall. I dont have a vote to waste on a chief tribal bigot disguising as a friend of the yoruba region just to actualise whatever desperate ambition he is chasing. Because if you can recall sir, this same man peter obi pulled a charade not long ago, when he acted like he was reading from a whatssap message supposedly sent by someone from a yoruba group according to him. You can recall vividly well without being sentimental that the only motive of reading that message was to cause an uproar and tribal tension between the yorubas and the igbos. A sheep doesnt change its clothe. So does an average yiibo person. They are all the same. Different person, same tribalistic soul. Nothing less, nothing more

Lastly, let me be clear sir. It is us against them. It is Nigeria against its enemies. It is yoruba against its enemies. Thank you.

It's a pity how your soul has been drowned by hate..... Indepth hate that would NEVER go away till you live this Earth. I wonder if you are a Christian, is that what you represent? If you are a Muslim, is that what your faith has taught you?

You are so engrossed in hate that the efforts of the Nigerian Youths that toiled day and night for their government to hear them and stop Police brutality.... you tagged as Igbos that came to destroy Lagos. May everything about you never portray anything good all the days of your life. Just because election is by the corner, you sat down and vomited all these sh!t? You can actually take lives because of this hate. May God have mercy on your condemned soul.

SPITS!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by SmartyPants(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2022
Corridon:
We stand with Afenifere.

Of course you will. But tomorrow if Remi Tinubu says any small thing, it will be back to wailing that Yorubas hate Igbo.

cheesy
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Truthdeypain: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

Stop trying to push your candidate down our throat through cheap emotional card.

It is bound to fail.

Oloshi who wan push anything down that your tribalistic heart. We know IGBOMAN will never be president according to una people.

We are simply saying that the NORTH will continue doing what they know how to do best and we know what you people love more than anything.. "Share the money".

North 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Kingozymandias(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. You obi supporter are the most confuse set of himans. You dont even know which way to go. Obi or atiku.

Let me make it easier for you.. Obi and atiku and afenifere and the entire south-east contested againt Buhari 2019... We all know what happened..

I dont need to remind you.. A repeat is coming.

Stop crying man!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Igbojew: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2022
hisgrace090:
The igbos have now produced a candidate that will unit and build Nigeria to an enviable height through Peter obi.
And they have done U-turn by throwing all manner of insults,abuses and curses on Peter Obi because he is an Igbo.Same evil tribe that have been deceiving who want to allow them to deceive them that Igbos doesn't have anybody that is presidential material or qualify to rule Nigeria from their region are shifting goal post now because they know that Peter Obi is best among the two presidential contestants.I can always read this tribes called Yorubas like book..............I am that Igbojew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Kingozymandias(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

You think? My wife, my siblings, her siblings, my family in general. Her family family in general..............

Notice the '......' , It's a big family tree you know

Stop crying over trivialities. We all have big families. Wow you cry over tthe most trivia of things... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Truthdeypain: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2022
APCnaPDP:
Respected Afenifere are not even up to 200 people. There is no much difference. However, voting for Asiwaju is like seeing light and choosing to follow darkness. How can you vote for a party that has supervised banditry, insecurity, poor economy, hunger , poor electricity , bigotry and corruption.

Hmmm you no rate TRIBALISM cha cha oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by sayso: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Afenifere-justifies-Obis-endorsement-Tinubus-team-fumes
Yoruba man supporting an IBO person. PO run as far as your head fit think.
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2022
I don't know why Nairaland is using Afenifere as a political advertorials for Peter Obi.

Firstly, it is a lie that Tinubu team fumes over Afenifere support of Peter Obi. No Yoruba ever expected Afenifere to support Tinubu. The Northern groups know Afenifere will never support Tinubu. Yoruba Council of Elders never expected Afenifere to support Tinubu. When the Atlantic Ocean was taking over VI what was the contribution of Afenifere to save VI, Lekki & Ajah from being submerged by Ocean encroachment? When the time spent from Ijebu Ode to Lagos was three or four times the hours spent to travel from Asaba or Port Harcourt to Ijebu Ode where was Afenifere?

Afenifere leadership during Jonathan era attacked Baba Bisi Akande because of Tinubu. They used Jonathan money to laundered the attack. On several pages of several newspapers they washed their dirty linens in the public without shame. They wrote the political history of baba Bisi Akande from Action group to UPN and to AD just to attack Tinubu because of Jonathan's money. I scanned the pages of the Newspapers for record purposes.

Yoruba Council of Elders has told the story of how Awolowo was betrayed by Azikiwe in the 50s. Pa Adebanjo has told the story of how Awolowo was stoned at Aba in the 50s. We witnessed the NPN alliance and the rejection of Abiola by the IBOS in 1993, the fall of South South Governors Forum meeting at Enugu in 2021.

The fact is that Afenifere or any group cannot dictate voters discretion in South West. South West is not IBO land where from time immemorial their discretion is if it is not IBO then nobody is good for it or the North where majority of people follow Arewa agenda. People said Tinubu brought money in Bullion vans for Presidential election, I told them, despite the money, the election result in South West is almost 50 : 50 between APC and PDP despite PDP not spending money in South West.

If Tinubu were to be an IBO, Ohaneze Ndigbo, all socio cultural organizations in IBO land and all over the world will support him. It is only Yorubas that destroys themselves. That is why late Chief Hubert Ogunde sang an historical music to awaken the consciousness of the Yorubas which he called " Yoruba Ronu".

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Truthdeypain: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Betrayers. They have been bribed. Obi too is a thief, he is not better than Tinubu, unless they have personal hate for Tinubu.

I am still waiting for the day you will utter something reasonable on this forum..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Gbeng30(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2022
Nigeria is in critical situation that requires competency, accountability and integrity, our condition is beyond sentiment, religion and tribalism, this is the high time Nigerian need to move forward and this will not be possible in the hand of corrupt politicians like yekini and atifku... Nigeria vote for the future,dont vote for 3k,2k, or more...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Ezmans: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

Afenifere as a group is as insignificant as the letter 'p' in the word 'psychology' when talking about influencing the yorubas. So i guess they are just looking for mere cheap attention afterall, you will definitely get your 1-week fame. After that, the 'on your own' group 'afenifere' will crawl back inside the hole of insignifancy. Place befitting of a group that have vast history of never picking side with a winner before. Legendary bunch of losers.

Infact, nobody in the south-west gives a damn or heck about the Afenifere group opinion on political matters. Its opinion is personal to itself, and as such it's inconsequential, frivolous, inconsiderable, irrelevant, insignificant and minuscule.

May i remind, Pa. Adebanjo, with all due respect. That this same set of people wanting to rule Nigeria, invoke, instigate, abet and incite one of the greatest violence and distruction to ever hit one of the south-west region, Lagos state. They invaded our home, loot, burn, destroy our businesses in disguise of Endsarz revolution, even though if you can recall sir , that we openly accepted them in mass exodus into our region, we gave them suitable place to do business, sold them lands for houses... But all they could everly think of is to always bite the finger we use in feeding them repeatedly through deep hatred, insults, and going far as instigating us against eachother by using common words like Yoruba muslim-yoruba christians- Liberal yoruba muslim- northern slave yoruba muslim to divide us along religious line. They do this purely due to the hate they abhour towards us.

Sir, with due respect. I will never ever be part or party to any group of people, or be use as a tool that will bring onboard one of these children of hate that called this our beloved country which the yoruba is also an integral part a 'Zoo' .

People that refers to the yorubas as the 'Northerner slaves' and have never ever wish for the growth or stability of the yoruba region in general.

Infact let me be clear sir that if it is Peter obi only on the ballot, i as a person will rather not vote atall. I dont have a vote to waste on a chief tribal bigot disguising as a friend of the yoruba region just to actualise whatever desperate ambition he is chasing. Because if you can recall sir, this same man peter obi pulled a charade not long ago, when he acted like he was reading from a whatssap message supposedly sent by someone from a yoruba group according to him. You can recall vividly well without being sentimental that the only motive of reading that message was to cause an uproar and tribal tension between the yorubas and the igbos. A sheep doesnt change its clothe. So does an average yiibo person. They are all the same. Different person, same tribalistic soul. Nothing less, nothing more

Lastly, let me be clear sir. It is us against them. It is Nigeria against its enemies. It is yoruba against its enemies. Thank you.
a poor lazy tribal biggot & a bandits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by clevybrown(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

Stop crying... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Igbodicool(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
The endorsement is their rights and reflects the sophistication and culture of the Yoruba. You are allowed to express your different political views. It is just the reality that this endorsement has no electoral value.

In fact, nobody in that room believes that they can run to town with that endorsement and get votes among the Yoruba but it is conceded to them to express their different political view.

Not even in Lagos where the press conference held of Ijebu Igbo the ancestral home of Pa Adebanjo, will lp get votes of Yoruba on the account of that press briefing. It is an exercise in futility. Even Chief Sonibare who was present there is a factional chairman of SDP and will never ask his folks to ignore SDP to vote lp.
The Yoruba votes is locked down for Asiwaju and as at today, nothing has moved a needle to change the mind of majority of Yoruba to vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

4 zones are locked down for Asiwaju; NW, SW, NE and NC. The PDP will get SE as usual while SS will be shared between PDP and APC. There is no space for a mushroom party backed by unpatriotic elements.
check my signature for free stuffs!
For standing against justice and standing for injustice...
In the time when you demand justice may no man stand for you.

Winning elections is not the end of the world.
Igbo will still exist even after this election.
But let posterity serve you what you supported!

God bless Afenifere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Igbojew: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2022
Smart Pa Adebanjo and entire Afenifere knows that Mr Escobar the drug lord called Tinubu aka Batman will never ever restructure Nigeria which Yoruba Christians have been clamouring for while Yoruba Muslims with people like Tinubu and MURIC have been twarting because their Northern Muslims warned them against it that is why Pa Adebanjo and Afenifere endorses brave Igbo man Peter Obi because they know it is only Igbo man can look Housa/Fulani man on the face and tell him to do his worst.............I am that Igbojew the table shaker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Truthdeypain: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2022
RichDad1:
The same Obidents will still come online to call Yorubas traitors.

These urchins here who are already demonizing, berating and dismissing the Afenifere as inconsequential, IPOB, etc.. simply because they spoke some simple truths, what are they.

I guess they all pride themselves as Omoluabis, I still find it funny that most of you play this game of selective amnesia , where you make silly comments like they call us this and that, forgetting your own insults, how immature!

Nobody has monopoly of Insults and banters, saying otherwise is being plain stupid. Grow up! Whomever you wanna support, support don't be a cry baby, afterall you are voting a candidate and not the insulters.
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by clevybrown(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your opinion, I won't crucify you for that. Obi la maa dibo fun. In the spirit of equity and fairness.
Wait, you said endorsement doesn't win elections abi? But when same afenifere picked and endorsed tinubu whose name wasn't known to many in Nigeria before 1999 and allowed him to run under the then AD, their party, you guys never said endorsement can't win elections. We shall see.

Keyamo has fumbled on Sunday on same issues, telling Keem Baba-Ahmed, the leader of Northern elders forum that their endorsement can't win election in the north for Tinubu, citing their stance against buhari in 2019 due to poor governance. Tinubu's team is busy making mistakes. North wey no wan vote for you before, Keyamo com dey attack their leaders. We shall see
I feel ur pain and frustration, but it is what it is, so stop crying... grin
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by israel90: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
The endorsement is their rights and reflects the sophistication and culture of the Yoruba. You are allowed to express your different political views. It is just the reality that this endorsement has no electoral value.

In fact, nobody in that room believes that they can run to town with that endorsement and get votes among the Yoruba but it is conceded to them to express their different political view.

Not even in Lagos where the press conference held of Ijebu Igbo the ancestral home of Pa Adebanjo, will lp get votes of Yoruba on the account of that press briefing. It is an exercise in futility. Even Chief Sonibare who was present there is a factional chairman of SDP and will never ask his folks to ignore SDP to vote lp.
The Yoruba votes is locked down for Asiwaju and as at today, nothing has moved a needle to change the mind of majority of Yoruba to vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

4 zones are locked down for Asiwaju; NW, SW, NE and NC. The PDP will get SE as usual while SS will be shared between PDP and APC. There is no space for a mushroom party backed by unpatriotic elements.
Lol,
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by milkySperm(m): 9:39am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

Your brain is made of sponge for saying you feeding a people. You should start feeding your street beggars all over the place and even spilling up north and east first before thinking of feeding the people your ancestors fought to keep them with you in the same country knowingly that all the achievement recorded in your supposed region came from proceeds of the same people you surreptitiously claim to be feeding. Awon accommodators who could not accommodate Hausas and Fulanis in Lagos but chose to fight them for simply doing their business, is that one national accommodators or tribal accommodators?
Endsars started in your region and your people persuaded others to join only for you to in your usual manners turn around to betray and accuse other tribes of leading it just to look good before northerners whom you think are unsuspecting. It's the same way you have started students protest now, when it goes high, you look for the next tribe to blame. Betrayers never change and no one is going to trust such a person or people. It's going to shock you that you are not the most educated as you self acclaim when the north might have taught your Tinubu politics 101 in 2023. You don't betray your brother @Igboho ordeal and with reckless and insensitive comments on the death of pa Reuben Fasoranti's daughter and expect a stranger to trust you won't betray him. Better prepare yourself for more tears because the true Omoluabis will join well meaning Nigerians to take control of their country from crumb eaters like you who think everyone is daft but yourself. Accommodators (parasites)who beg those they accommodate not to leave them, what an irony of thought!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by buzz8u: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2022
what a daft and dim write up.
unfortunately some of us in Nigeria love the country the way it is and refuse to see a new Nigeria, one free of idiots like this

lhordspy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by shinealight(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Afenifere-justifies-Obis-endorsement-Tinubus-team-fumes

What is Afenifere? Is Pa Adebanjo synonymous with Afenifere? He cannot even win his Local Govt Area for any Party he belongs to.
Jagaban has already shown all of them to be toothless bulldogs when they were in Alliance For Democracy….Adebanjo is just trying to get his pound of flesh. His endorsement or lack of it amounts to Nothing….just noise-making to register some fickle solidarity with the South-East.
In politics, you network with others to gain their Trust if you wish to rise to power…..Power is never ceded to anyone or group that cannot be trusted to wield it evenly and equitably…not for any sectional agenda!!cool cool
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by VirileNelly2420: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

With all due respect, sir, I couldn't finish ur epistle... I stopped wen it started sounding stupid to my hearing. I mean, wen it lost its coherence.
"We gave dem suitable atmosphere for business, sold land to Dem to build houses... ....and dey turn to bite hands da feed dem."

Don't u think u just sounded silly?
Sold land to someone and he pays for it, and then u call it what, charity?
D businesses destroyed during end SARS belonged to d Yorubas? Are u sick?
And it was only in Lagos da such destruction happened? ....for ur info, southeast witnessed more destruction.

I don't know ur age or status, but ur words truly lack honor.
What has d man said wrong? If u truly have a functional conscience, don't u think d man spoke d truth? I mean, several regions have represented Nigeria, and if it's about turn by turn stuff, it should be d turn of d Southeast, not d Yorubas or Fulani.

I spit on ur tribal bigotry!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Nobleman80: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:

Rubbish as usual. Tinubu is not aso rock material know this and know peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Dchampion65: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2022
I pray that when it is time for Pa Adebanjo and Pa Bode George to transit it shall be in peace and not in pieces.
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by xtivin(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2022
Nijablast:

You are a liar
Post the link to the rubbish u just typed
I can see you be confirm Dopemu! But I will remind you!
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/340935-tinubu-questions-claim-on-killers-of-fasorantis-daughter.html
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by Truthdeypain: 9:45am On Sep 27, 2022
ceaser:
Differing views is acceptable in the spirit of national inclusion and unification. This is history being laid down and reference to it in future has the potential to further solidify the unity of the south.

This is why Yorùbás can gladly beat their chest that Nigerian history is replete with their fight for justice, fairness and entrenchment of democracy for Nigerians. MKO, Kudirat sacrificed their lives for it. Gani Fawehinmi, the lawyer and human right activist, was a torn in the flesh of Abacha military junta. Tinubu, Wọlé Soyinka used Radio Kudirat to fight off the military junta. Wọlé Soyinka and Fálànà et Al fought to make sure that the doctrine of necessity required to swear in the vice president (who was being oprresed by the cabal then) when there is an ailing or incapacitated president is effected, something which effectively brought in Jonathan, a non-Yoruba, as the de factor president. It is the same Soyinka and with Bakare et al that condemned GEJ when he began failing in his duties towards Nigerians who voted him in. Please note that at this time, Soyinka and Bakare and indeed every other southerners who called out GEJ for his ineptitude at that time automatically became the object of derision and abuse for every Igbos that cared to express blind support for GEJ. Of those that condemned GEJ, the Yorùbás were called jealous, and the Ijaws/few Igbos were called bastards. Even the Ijaws (GEJ's south south people) were no match for the Igbos in the defence of their brother whom the Igbos already believed was an acceptable representation of south Eastern Nigeria in governance.

All these are to one end - justice, fairness and equity for the oppressed.

In Yorùbá, the elder is expected to be fair to all parties. A saying goes that "a newly born infant should not have a distorted head in the presence of an elderly person in the market place".

What I am however unsure of is if the Ndigbo will have done the same if roles were reversed and I have valid reasons. Some are as follows:

¶ The unnatural tagging of Lagos as no man's land when it is obvious that Calabar and Lokoja were once the nation's capital and yet not tagged such anathema by the Yorùbás. Even the audacity to tag Abuja the current capital city as no man's land cannot be mustered by any one.

¶ The mocking, though positive tag of the Yorubas as "accommodators" and the unnatural opportunism to use such to cause roforofo issues. Meanwhile such accommodative reception cannot be said to be offered to the accommodators when roles are reversed. Note that the back and forth of this particular name calling, when it was finally an acceptable norm among some Igbos, was what led to the eventual coinage of similar word by the Yorubas to counter the Igbos - the word "developers", which is meant as a derogatory term but a positive truth nonetheless.

¶ The deliberate and diabolical distortion of history to paint the liberal south west as the villain when it comes to narrating history, deliberately leaving out the good and gallant actions which are interjections of history by the Yorùbás, actions aimed towards fostering national unity, avoiding vendetta and entrenching togetherliness amongst folks in Southern Nigeria. Meanwhile the narrators paint themselves as the saint and the victimized at every turn of the narrations.

One example is the protection and caretaking of properties in the south west that belonged to fleeing Igbos during the unfortunate civil war and the subsequent return of those properties to the rightful owners when they returned after the war. This includes the rent accrued during the time of their absence.

Another example is the courageous death of colonel Fajuyi. Aguiyi Ironsi (from the south East) was his guest when the coup plotters from Northern Nigeria meant to assassinate him in Ibadan, the then capital city of the old western region. Colonel Fajuyi knowing that such has the tendency of negatively affecting history forever in southern Nigeria maintained that he will not allow them to assassinate Aguiyi Ironsi as it will give the impression of complicity of the Yorùbás particular at a time when the integrity of the thread of national unity was been threatened. He said they will have to go thru him first, and indeed they did.

They killed him (Fajuyi), then went inside to assassinate Aguiyi Ironsi.

I can go on and on.

The elders and honest leaders of South Eastern Igbos know all these history and some of them try as much as possible to tell the truth if it. Unfortunately their voices are being drowned out by the majority emotional and restless youths of today who believe that their hitherto friend has always been their arch enemy. They strongly hold believe these false narratives and therefore enact all their unwholesome attitude along these false storyline and further widen that gorge of disagreement between the two major owners of Southern Nigeria.

The disadvantage of these is that thes current youth pass these false narratives down to their offspring who also swallow such hook line and sinker. The same reasons why history was abolished from the Nigerian school curriculum is the same reason why these ones will refuse to make due diligence for private study to learn and prevent an enemy to tell their own history for them.

You took praise singing and self glorification to another level bro. Many of your submissions are consistent with the truth, many are far fetched and exaggerated while others are plain false and in a blind spot.

I am not sure most of what you wrote up there about Yorubas is true you heavy generalizations can be considered as false to a core. Infact most Omoluabis comments on this thread discredits most of it.

Anyways you come across as not an ethnic irredentist and that's a relief at least.
Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by jcross19: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

stop deceiving yourself Mr agent of poverty!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes by OdefaGirl(f): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2022
If you are talking about equity and fairness..... It's Igbos that should produce a President this time but mind you... If it were some of these our Igbo leaders that came out....we won't even blink an eye because they are birds of same feather that would plunge the country into further ruins. A President emerged, not just from the East but for the nation....to salvage what is left of this degraded country.

I would be proud to stay back in my country, school and make best use of my youthful age than running from country to country all in the name of greener pastures.

The man never said anything wrong, they will not deny that what Pa Adebanjo said were lies rather they will attack him and come up with tribal pathetic stories.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Deepening Uncertainty Over Buhari’s Health - Punch Editorial / President’s Health: How National Assembly Compelled Osinbajo To Visit Buhari / Osun Decides: APC Flies Cash-loaded Helicopters Into Government House – PDP Alle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.