Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae (327 Views)

Let’s Join Hands To Kick Buhari Out — Falae / Photos From Olu Falae's 80th Birthday / What Falae, Fayose Said About PDP Alliance With R-APC, Others Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Satedly(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2022
Throwing his weight behind calls for a South-East presidency, Chief Olu Falae, said though he was unaware of Afenifere’s position on Obi, he would support the South East in 2023.

Falae, a former Minister of Finance, said: “I am an Afenifere but as far as I am aware, Afenifere has not taken a position as an organization on a presidential candidate. That is the position.

“I did say sometimes ago that the Yoruba, as a people, are not morally obliged to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate because in 1999, when the rest of Nigeria conceded the presidency to Yoruba because of MKO Abiola’s issue, it was only the Igbo, who did not.

“I had to defeat Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife in the Alliance for Democracy to become the candidate for the AD/APP. Olusegun Obasanjo had to defeat Dr Alex Ekuweme in the PDP to become a candidate.

“The Igbo were the only ones that opposed both of us in our respective parties; they did not concede to us along with other Nigerians.
“However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

“The first two have been presidents and so, equity requires that the Igbo should be president. So, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person like I am, then you will vote for the Igbo based on equity.”
Falae, a former Minister of Finance, said: “I am an Afenifere but as far as I am aware, Afenifere has not taken a position as an organization on a presidential candidate. That is the position.

“I had to defeat Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife in the Alliance for Democracy to become the candidate for the AD/APP. Olusegun Obasanjo had to defeat Dr Alex Ekuweme in the PDP to become a candidate.

“The Igbo were the only ones that opposed both of us in our respective parties; they did not concede to us along with other Nigerians.

“However, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person, you will realise that there are three legs to the political tripods in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

“The first two have been presidents and so, equity requires that the Igbo should be president. So, if you are a fair-minded Yoruba person like I am, then you will vote for the Igbo based on equity.”

We’re not aligned to Afenifere—YCE

When contacted, Secretary-General of YCE, Dr Kunle Olajide, said the elders will meet and make their position known on which presidential candidate to support in 2023.

The YCE scribe said: “We have not been informed or briefed. Yes, we support restructuring and we stand for restructuring but as far as we are concerned, restructuring should be fundamental to any incoming government.

“So, Afenifere is not wrong in taking that decision but we were not informed, my president was not informed. We will make our stand known soon but we are not aligned to Afenifere supporting the presidential candidate of Labour Party.”

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Corridon: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2022
Nigerians stand with Falae.

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by LeoDeKing: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2022
President of biafuro, no doubt.

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Mrfixitt(m): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2022
Sane Minds concur to that except urchins who trade their future with peanuts

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Kingozymandias(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2022
LeoDeKing:
cry more tears for me grin

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Laggafin: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2022
Lol.. which Kain double mouth speaking be dis sef grin

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Saifullah01: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2022
Please include a source.
There is a thread on FP from punch claiming to justify why Afeni... endorsed PO! My first question was where is the story on the endorsement?

And then now this!

Journalism is fast becoming a joke.
Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by BATified2023: 8:58am On Sep 27, 2022
LeoDeKing:
u should ask of the link or d source

Igbos are too mischievous to b taken serious
Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by TinubuThief: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2022
If you are a sensible person, u will vote for Obi. Unless ur senseless
Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Efuaye(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2022
And he will be!

Every right-thinking Nigerian knows that he is the right candidate.
Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by WibusJaga: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2022

God bless Peter Obi (the Preferred Choice of Sensible/Knowledgeable Nigerians) & our incoming President of Nigeria. ✌️ kiss
Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by TinubuThief: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2022
BATified2023:
u should ask of the link or d source

Igbos are too mischievous to b taken serious
The way some of una reason ba? As if una dey reason through anus.
Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by ScamHunter: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2022
Laggafin:
Lol.. which Kain double mouth speaking be dis sef grin
You understand his strategy. Tongue of the viper.

Re: Peter Obi Should Be President — Falae by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2022
Yes....

Boom The Return Of Queen Elizabeth / I See Kwankwaso Overtaking Tinubu In The Presidential Polls. / Tinubu Riding A Stationery Bike Is Physiotherapy For Perkinson Disease (photo)