Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves (9531 Views)

Governor Oyebanji Presents ₦‎130 Million Gratuity Cheques To LG, School Retirees / This Picture Can Send Some People To Early Graves!!! / Governor Matawalle Forces Teachers To Eat Poor Meal Provided For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Andres28(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2022
OVB123:
What makes you think that next elected governor will not be worst than okowa?

No one can be worse than okowa..okowa is a demon and there is nothing worse than a demon.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Everlastingson: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=Andres28 post=117056600]

No one can be worse than okowa..okowa is a demon and there is nothing worse than a demon.[/quote

But Buhari is worse than Okowa. Abi na lie?
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Andres28(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=Everlastingson post=117057159][/quote]
I'm from delta state and ike precisely..buhari is 10 times better than okowa.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Belleful: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
They will borrow money to loot by themselves in the name of to build infrastructure, but can't borrow to pay pensioners.
The legislative should look to enact a law for a pay off system like it's done in the private sector. Once u retired, you are paid off.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Everlastingson: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
Andres28:

I'm from delta state and ike precisely..buhari is 10 times better than okowa.

You don't mean it!!!! But I don't think Buhari is better than anyone, except Tinubu.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Lovelydaisies: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
I lack terms to describe that Okowa. And I still remember that his yeye campaign song that year. My mother is a retiree but has been going back and forth to Asaba, despite her health challenge. Other retirees are suffering too.
Even the pension board at Asaba, the personnel there will ask you for to pay a sum for them to 'push' your file. Otherwise, it remains on their table.
The luck she has is that she started a small kiosk during the COVID-19 pandemic and it grew to an extent. Even at that, the harsh condition of the country isn't making it easy for customers to come and buy.
Delta State looks sore to my eyes despite having been born and grown up there.
Rubbish. I just feel so pained.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Spanki(f): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Shehuyinka:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/in-delta-okowas-non-payment-of-primary-school-retirees-is-leading-teachers-to-early-graves-part-1/

And this is supposedly a vice president of PDP right With the way prices of goods and commodities is increasing on a daily, now imagine still not being paid your salary. And teachers for that matter. Ain't that bullshit

2 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Otunbakayce: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
OVB123:
Please share more light on this issue? Do you mean that they are division among the sub-ethnic groups in delta north?
Yes! There is serious division in IKA northeast local government mainly (owa) where okowa hails from and IkA south local government (Agbor) because he diverted and cited all projects there. Presently there is no single road in owa that isn't motorable including inner streets roads.
But almost all roads in agbor are bad.
He diverted all major government projects to owa, leaving out Agbor and other areas in IKA south.
Agbor people are very angry with him and vigorously rooting for Peter Obi.

4 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Otunbakayce: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hydroxide:
I don't know what Atiku saw in Okowa that made him pick him as VP. Even we Deltains don't like Okowa accept those in Agbor. Deltains will be voting against Atiku cos of Okowa. Atiku bleeped up big time.
Most people in Agbor don't like him. Except people from Owa.
Agbor and Owa isn't the same.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Thomthom(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
They are all this same.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Karma1: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
Isokiscool:
Op ur propaganda is stale and irrelevant.Even Tinubu and peter obi owed pensioners during their tenure as governor
Because of this your post na e make me register for Nairaland so that I go fit swear for ur papa. Na Ogun go kill your papa for this kind yeye post wey u post. But if your papa don die already, Na Ogun go kill your children papa and if you never born na Ogun go kill ur unborn children papa Idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by VKN23: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
kojoantwi:
Wawu
with just shikini money I fit run advert flyer for you check my profile for sampleswink
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by SUNNINO(m): 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
You must be a fool for supporting evil of such.
Isokiscool:
Op ur propaganda is stale and irrelevant.Even Tinubu and peter obi owed pensioners during their tenure as governor

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by sircatherine45(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2022
And one slowpoke disturbing my mentions with APC and PDP wants me to vote them?
Okowa is a disaster in Delta state.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by sircatherine45(m): 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2022
Rwand:
Omor. OP may God richly blessed. If not God and the little money that he blesses me with my mom would've been among the dead due to lack of finance to take care of her health issues. Retired in 2015, after 35 years of service and still currently yet to be paid. Vote Okowa at your own peril. Delta people dey suffer, forget all the select project dey air on TV, even people from Okowa village don't love him anymore especially those in government services, teachers, doctors and the rest. Na
brainless market women nahim e take dey shine for here

You are right. Even his own Agbor people hate him. He treats teachers like trash. He secretly paid his father's pension. When his father protested, he smuggled his father to Ghana. Okowa is a disaster!
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by BRAINZBox(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Isokiscool:

You don’t have sense.

My father is a victim of this same government. Not everything is politics or election.

If not for God who decided to help us. Only God knows what would have become of him.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by OVB123: 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
Otunbakayce:
Yes! There is serious division in IKA northeast local government mainly (owa) where okowa hails from and IkA south local government (Agbor) because he diverted and cited all projects there. Presently there is no single road in owa that isn't motorable including inner streets roads.
But almost all roads in agbor are bad.
He diverted all major government projects to owa, leaving out Agbor and other areas in IKA south.
Agbor people are very angry with him and vigorously rooting for Peter Obi.
But i was in agbor few days ago and there seem to have reasonable development. I don't understand the hatred on okowa by agbor people again ooo!
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by ITAMINI: 7:19am On Sep 28, 2022
This is what is happening in Akwa ibom state the oil owning state and he is boldly calling ONLY GOD.
1. NO PROMOTIONS ARREAS
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Love800(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
Sir can u explain dis pension tin to me. Nd can pension be paid once?. I thought it is monthly. Nd again, can pension stop at some point in time or is it for life?. Tank u
Belleful:
They will borrow money to loot by themselves in the name of to build infrastructure, but can't borrow to pay pensioners.
The legislative should look to enact a law for a pay off system like it's done in the private sector. Once u retired, you are paid off.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Love800(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
Sir can u explain dis pension tin to me. can pension be paid once?. I thought it is monthly. Nd again, can pension stop at some point in time or is it for life?. Tank u
Belleful:
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Belleful: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2022
Love800:
Sir can u explain dis pension tin to me. can pension be paid once?. I thought it is monthly. Nd again, can pension stop at some point in time or is it for life?. Tank u
It can be paid once. After all, it's money deducted from your salary. Government only said they are helping you to save it, so when you retire, you will have something to move on. But the evil president's and governor's that are ruling us are the problem.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 29, 2022
This issue is really pathetic, imagine not having enough to eat while some die due to suffering because one human bluntly refuses to pay their gratuity.
My late grand father retired in the 80s and I was told after his retirement, he got his gratuity 2months later.
My mum on the other hand retired since 2016, five naira she never see, with the inflation the value of the money depreciating daily.
Do you even believe that the said human being has reduced the amount paid to retiree ?
Those that received theirs last said 5million was cut off and it was blamed on the emergence of COVID 19.
Let say the totally money is 22million, the human being has reduced it to only 16million. And it was said he borrowed money in order to pay them off but all he see now is election for his daughter and himself.
It has not been easy all these years especially those whose children are still schooling even the graduates are without jobs.
May God deliver all retirees from unnecessary hardships !
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 29, 2022
Love800:
The money is shared into equal half's, the first half is paid to the retiree and a pension company holds the other half and pay the retiree monthly for life. When the retiree dies, the next of kin receives the other half.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Love800(m): 7:41am On Sep 29, 2022
Is it into 2havles or 3havles
HeavenRoyal:

The money is shared into equal half's, the first half is paid to the retiree and a pension company holds the other half and pay the retiree monthly for life. When the retiree dies, the next of kin receives the other half.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2022
Love800:
Is it into 2havles or 3havles
2halves.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Sirchiboy: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
HeavenRoyal:
This issue is really pathetic, imagine not having enough to eat while some die due to suffering because one human bluntly refuses to pay their gratuity.
My late grand father retired in the 80s and I was told after his retirement, he got his gratuity 2months later.
My mum on the other hand retired since 2016, five naira she never see, with the inflation the value of the money depreciating daily.
Do you even believe that the said human being has reduced the amount paid to retiree ?
Those that received theirs last said 5million was cut off and it was blamed on the emergence of COVID 19.
Let say the totally money is 22million, the human being has reduced it to only 16million. And it was said he borrowed money in order to pay them off but all he see now is election for his daughter and himself.
It has not been easy all these years especially those whose children are still schooling even the graduates are without jobs.
May God deliver all retirees from unnecessary hardships !
How much is the total gratuity for a retired secondary teacher in level 14.
My uncle was paid only 3.4m in 2015
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
Sirchiboy:
How much is the total gratuity for a retired secondary teacher in level 14.
My uncle was paid only 3.4m in 2015
The gratuity for secondary school teacher is 8 million because they are under the state government scale and when split into two they receive 4million only and monthly stipends from the pension company for life.
May be your uncle didn't work for the complete 35yrs that's why his money reduced Abit.
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Sirchiboy: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
HeavenRoyal:

The gratuity for secondary school teacher is 8 million because they are under the state government scale and when split into two they receive 4million only and monthly stipends from the pension company for life.
May be your uncle didn't work for the complete 35yrs that's why his money reduced Abit.
He started teaching in 1976 and retired in 2011.
He completed 35 years
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2022
Sirchiboy:
He started teaching in 1976 and retired in 2011.
He completed 35 years
Ok, don't know why then,
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Sirchiboy: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
HeavenRoyal:

Ok, don't know why then,
So 8million is the total gratuity
Re: Okowa’s Non-Payment Of School Retirees Is Leading Teachers To Early Graves by Sirchiboy: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
HeavenRoyal:

Ok, don't know why then,
The government is still owing him 4.6m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Nigeria’s 2023 Budget into law / Epileptic Power Supply As Warri Residents Protest / Enugu: 9th-Mile Water Programme Is Over 90% Completed - Contractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.