Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again (1770 Views)

How Youtube Helped Turn A 30-year-old Graduate To A Millionaire Motor Mechanic / How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by oluwabamis(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2011
guys, I need your candid advice, I met a childhood from recently on fb and we got talking immediately and i realised that he is his jobless 3 years after struggling to graduate with bsc in computer sc. the issue is no company will employ a 43yr old who is not experienced. what do you think he can do, bear in mind too that he is not married. no idea is stupid. thanks
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by kodewrita(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2011
Reselling gadgets.

Bulk distribution of GSM credits.

He might gain some IT certifications (tho that will be hard since you said he struggled to graduate).

Start a mini-cafe with 5 pcs and make money.

Or better he should simply accept that he is a graduate and nothing more, forget which course he studied and simply look for the fastest moving business around (selling cars, real estate agent) and start moving.

Essentially, he should focus on starting something and not try to get a job which would be quite hard. Any "middleman"-type jobs will also be useful.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by oluwabamis(m): 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2011
thanks kodewrita. i really appreciate ur comment
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by AjanleKoko: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2011
kodewrita:

Reselling gadgets.

Bulk distribution of GSM credits.

He might gain some IT certifications (tho that will be hard since you said he struggled to graduate).

Start a mini-cafe with 5 pcs and make money.

Or better he should simply accept that he is a graduate and nothing more, forget which course he studied and simply look for the fastest moving business around (selling cars, real estate agent) and start moving.

Essentially, he should focus on starting something and not try to get a job which would be quite hard. Any "middleman"-type jobs will also be useful.

Good advice. wink
He can just go into the GSM reselling business in fact. Small start up capital, and quick turn around. No need for any preambles or 'long things'.
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by oluwabamis(m): 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2011
Thanks ajanlekoko, Im really concerned about this guy, he used to be my role model in school , though we are mates, and was the best student in class, also the Head boy. I feel obligated to assist him since God had blessed me and I can start him up on something. Thats my thinking too. More contributions are welcome
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by violent(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2011
oluwabamis:

Thanks ajanlekoko, Im really concerned about this guy, he used to be my role model in school , though we are mates, and was the best student in class, also the Head boy. I feel obligated to assist him since God had blessed me and I can start him up on something. Thats my thinking too. More contributions are welcome

depends on how much capital you are willing to play with, your friend's core skills and also his earnings expectations.
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by oluwabamis(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2011
@violet, thanks. i will have to try him with something i can afford to loose first, if i see his progress & im encouraged i could give him more.
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by violent(m): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2011
oluwabamis:

@violet, thanks. i will have to try him with something i can afford to loose first, if i see his progress & im encouraged i could give him more.

Give us a figure!. . .how much can you afford to lose? a thousand? a million?
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by oluwabamis(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2011
@violent, if i give him 200k and he cant aaccount for it, ther is no way im goin to continue givin.him anything, but im sure he would zieze the opprtunity with both hands,
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by violent(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2011
In that case, I'd advise against anything capital intensive!

You friend should look into IT consulting!. . .I'd assume that being a graduate of computer science and if indeed he's as smart as you mentioned, opportunities might abound in this sector!

Here's a quick business model;

Advise him to learn advanced networking to an extent where he's more comfortable than the average Joe!. . .then he should partner with a good programmer, together, they both should come up with a sound software for  Hospitals.  From my observation, most Hospitals in Nigeria still make use of the good ol' papers and files!. . .He simply have to come up with a package offering which include supplying a clinic with computers, setting up the networks, and installing a comprehensive software that WORKS!!!. . .then he provides workers with a 14 days computer crash course. . , all for a certain fee!
For every 5 recommendations he gets from each hospital, the hospital gets a discount plus a free upgrade after 6 months!
He can also recruit corpers for marketing purposes, their pay will be tied to the number of businesses they bring to the firm, with a promise that they could fast track to a partner status under three years depending on performance!

. . .this is just one business model, of course, i won't give you/your friend another  cheesy

If what you are selling is not likely to earn you at least a hundred thousand in net profits, buy and sell business is a NO NO!. . .and frankly speaking, i don't see how he could make that much with 200 grand capital.
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by oluwabamis(m): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2011
thanks violent, we will look into ur suggestion, you ve been a source of help to my friend and I. i will be meeting with him this week, will surely post our conclussion here
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by violent(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2011
oluwabamis:

thanks violent, we will look into your suggestion, you ve been a source of help to my friend and I. i will be meeting with him this week, will surely post our conclussion here

no worries mate, once he makes his first million, tell him he owes me a trip to the Bahamas!
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by luckynzo(m): 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
I'm tempted to ask. He's 43. What has he been doing all his life. Was he waiting to become a graduate before he starts pursuing success in a career or business? There are lots of people out there who had no opportunity to go to school in their 20s but they did not just idle around. He should have learnt a trade or worked hard to build a business.
43 years is too too late to start life.
Re: How Can A Jobless 43yr Old Graduate Friend Of Mine Start His Life Again by jt2damoney(m): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
try this

start making 20$ immediately you register by clicking on the link on my signature.its free

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why We Should All Sell Bread! / What Can U Do To Satisfies Human Being / Union Bank Is A Useless Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.